Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Roman Dial (romandial) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale packrafting NZ
About Me A middle aged man, married, fattening up.
CityAnchorage
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Roman Dial

Showing 151 - 160 of 210 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Forum » Thread

Re: Less is more
>>The gist of their conversation was, "Freedom comes from having fewer choices." "freedom of choice is what you got freedom from choice is what you want" --Devo, ...

In Philosophy & Technique » SUL and Enviornment
December 11, 10:00pm

Best Fit
And here is the best fit which gives a slightly different relatiosnhip between walking speed and day as ds/dt = 19.9 + 0.52 t. Notice that around day 10 we drop below the "average" ...

In Philosophy & Technique » reading and writing on UL trips
December 11, 9:57pm

Model vs reality
So here is a graph of the model's solution plotted against the Arctic 1000 mileage data

December 11, 9:53pm

Nice slope field!
Crazy Pete, How about you? Have you done any UL modeling you can share with us?

December 10, 11:17pm

Re: Re: Orikaso Bowl
These bowls are good. They make good dip cups. If going ultralight in the spartan/light-tech/share mode espoused on other threads at BPL, they are pretty much ideal. First they can satisfy multi...

In GEAR » Orikaso Bowl
December 10, 8:45pm

Wet Maps!
Wet maps! Now there is heresy. I am a throwback to USGS paper maps -- I can buy them right across the street from my office. They know me by name there. I use TOPO! and Google to plan, but ...

In Philosophy & Technique » General Map ?'s
December 10, 5:02pm

you guys!
You guys are great. I love this site. 24 days and 624 miles were the end points of my experience on the Arctic 1000. While I had hoped to eat ~2lbs/day and improve our distance by ~2 miles/da...

December 10, 3:50pm

Re: Equation Question
You bet there's a correct answer! And with all the education and sophistication among the posters and lurkers at BPL, at least a dozen of you should be able to solve it handily. As for priz...

December 10, 2:44pm

DE for Dr.J (inspired by D. Bonn)
Ryan, for you and other ULers ....., a linear, first order and separable differential equation with initial conditions. Enjoy.

December 10, 1:52pm

Ian and Roger vs. Spartan and Muir
Those Aussies and Kiwis are the most Spartan and Muir-like of all the trampers and tarvellers. We were car camping in Far North Queesnland, with its spiders, scorpions, centipedes, and bull ants...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Leave it out or lighten it up?
December 10, 1:19pm

All Reader Reviews by Roman Dial

Roman Dial has posted no reviews.