BPL Community Profile

Roger B (rogerb) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Here and there
About Me Mathematics and Teacher Educator been walking, on and off-track in many countries. My interest is in appreciating the outdoors, wherever I may be.
My Website URLhttp://www.nielsenbrownoutdoors.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Roger B

Showing 151 - 160 of 587 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...59

Forum » Thread

Re: Bivvy Sack Blues -- The Case of the Condensation
I have never used a Goretex Bivy sack, but have used an eVent one in varying conditions, high humidity, low humidity, down to -10 C (14F) and have only experienced a little condensation around the ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Bivvy Sack Blues -- The Case of the Condensation
October 15, 1:14am

Re: Sidewinder or Regular
I use a sidewinder inferno with my 0.9 l evernew pot and in my view there is nothing better. I would love to use it in the high country in Victoria as there is no doubt that dry snowgum would be id...

In GEAR » Cook/Eat System
October 14, 10:20am

Re: black diamond beta light
I have used the Betalight on and off over the years, a good shelter which can withstand reasonable strength winds above treeline. Here is a few pictures of it in use Betalight

In GEAR » 8x8 Pyramid
October 10, 1:53am

Re: Shoes for 1600km walk
Love my XT wings 2, can comment on mileage, but them or Speedcross 2 are my hiking shoes of choice.

In GEAR » Shoes for 1600km walk
October 07, 11:47am

Re: Make your own bouillon
Made my first batch today, tastes great, will be used on a trip next week. Thanks Ben

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Make your own bouillon
October 03, 9:28am

Re: FS MLD Grace Solo Tarp in Spinntex 0.97
Sold Pending Funds

In Gear Swap » FS MLD Grace Solo Tarp in Spinntex 0.97
September 29, 12:54am

Re: Re: MLD 850 Pot & Compact Caldera Ti-Tri Inferno Sale
Sold Pending Funds

In Gear Swap » MLD 850 Pot & Compact Caldera Ti-Tri Inferno Sale
September 28, 11:55pm

SOLD MLD Grace Solo Tarp
SOLD Thanks for looking

In Gear Swap » FS MLD Grace Solo Tarp in Spinntex 0.97
September 28, 11:14am

Re: MLD 850 Pot & Compact Caldera Ti-Tri Inferno Sale
Thanks Jeff and Tony I am awaiting a reply from Karl who Pm'd earlier. Tony you are next inline if Karl does not respond. Roger

September 28, 10:53am

SOLD MLD 850 Pot & Compact Caldera SOLD
Sold, thanks for looking

September 28, 9:09am

All Reader Reviews by Roger B

Showing 1 - 10 of 28 | Page: 1 2 3

Review

Category

Backpacking Light Ti Esbit stove
It took me a while to start using the stove but now it is the only stove I will use when traveling light. Its light weight coupled with the ability to use with many different pots makes this a stand o...

In Stoves - Other
September 19, 12:45pm

PossumDown Gloves (BPL Gear Shop)
In fact these gloves are so good I always "baby" them a bit, even though it is unnecessary. The gloves work well in cooler and wet weather and I use them with trekking poles in cooler condit...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
January 25, 10:31am

Mountain Laurel Designs Grace Solo .97 Spinntex
This tarp is an example of the MLD teams great workmanship coupled with excellent design. Kevin has already described the tarp correctly, so all it is left for me to say is that it is a great piece...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
January 25, 9:58am

BackpackingLight.com
When it came to the need to change the delivery address from local to international for an impending delivery, there was no fuss. After a couple of emails the address was changed and the products arri...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
July 16, 12:50pm

C and C Outdoors
Yes I had hoped for a great deal on their Integral designs equipment, but in the end I gave up and went elsehwere (and paid more). I wanted the gear, not the stories,

January 24, 4:27pm

Pentax Optio WP
The Optio WP is always in my pocket on a trip. Its lightweight and reliability ensures that I get every photo I want. Coupled with a gorilla pod it enables me to extend the range of light in which I c...

In Photography - Hiking & Backpacking Cameras
January 17, 6:45pm

Jolt Gum
For me the taste is non descript, maybe my taste buds have suffered from the coffee I drink in the Bodegas in NY. I use jolt in the afternoons when I am beginning to lose concentration, and am begi...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
December 12, 6:56pm

Patagonia Micro Puff Pullover
My micropuff is my go to Pullover and coupled with my possum fur vest has provided me with warmth and comfort into the teens. Additionally it packs small.

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
December 09, 7:02pm

Rainy Pass (Gear Repair)
Whilst many of the readers of the site are very adept at repairing and making their own gear there are some who are not. I am one of them. As a consequence I have used Rainy Pass on 2 occasions, one t...

December 01, 7:36pm

IBEX Wool Liner Gloves
Light, warm and solid. These are the gloves I use when it is cold and windy, they are ideally suited for use with trekking poles and even when they are damp, they help to keep your hands warm. In s...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
December 01, 7:16pm