Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Randy Nelson (rlnunix) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Rockies
About Me Randy Nelson has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Randy Nelson

Showing 151 - 160 of 688 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...69

Forum » Thread

Re: Re:"Four Pass Loop Bear Protection"
If you don't like the answer a ranger gives you, just call back and ask another. :) Seriously though, neither Crater or Snowmass Lakes are listed in Exhibit A so a ticket wouldn't hold u...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Four Pass Loop Bear Protection
August 13, 11:08pm

Re:"Four Pass Loop Bear Protection"
http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5422606.pdf That doesn't apply to backpacking the FPL. It's for campgrounds and day use areas. I haven't had any issues there...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Four Pass Loop Bear Protection
August 07, 10:44am

Re: "Forecast your sex life for the year ahead."
"This route travels the beautiful and seldom visited Little Sandy, returning via Blucher Creek, known for trophy deer hunting." Probably don't even have to tell a lot of folks on h...

In Chaff » Forecast your sex life for the year ahead.
August 05, 2:07pm

Re: luxury
"Funny how we fret over a couple ounces in a stove system, then bring "luxury" items that can weigh over a pound." That's why I fret over those combined ounces Nick. So I...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Evaluating what stoves to use for what lengths of trips
July 31, 11:16pm

Re:Evaluating what stoves to use for what lengths of trips
"A caldera cone setup with a large heavy pot,will make it ridiculous to consider alcohol." Maybe MB. I have a 1300 Evernew which is a pretty big pot. Not sure about heavy or if some ot...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Evaluating what stoves to use for what lengths of trips
July 31, 11:04pm

Re:What is your favorite UL solo alcohol cook system?
CC Keg-H. 3.2 oz complete. Weight of the fuel bottle depends on the length of the trip so I won't include it here.

In GEAR » What is your favorite UL solo alcohol cook system?
July 31, 10:17pm

RE: Bugs
Skip the inner net. Bugs aren't bad this time of year at all. Have a great trip!

In Pre-Trip Planning » Backpacking near major airports?
July 28, 8:59pm

RE:What are the most useful inexpensive items you carry?
+1 Franco. I use newspaper bags myself but that's one of the best tips I've picked up here.

In GEAR » What are the most useful inexpensive items you carry?
July 28, 8:53pm

Stoves
As I've said before, during fire bans white gas stoves are allowed and they are FAR from idiot proof. An esbit stove is much safer IMHO. If you pick a bad location and kick over any stove you c...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Alcohol stoves and fire restriction in Sequia and Kings Canyon National Parks
July 25, 11:04am

Scale
This cheapy has worked great for me for 3 years now. I'm very happy with it. And the cost. http://www.harborfreight.com/digital-scale-95364.html There's a store in Westminster. You ca...

In GEAR » Recommend a Good Scale
July 25, 10:48am

All Reader Reviews by Randy Nelson

Randy Nelson has posted no reviews.