BPL Community Profile

Richard Nisley (richard295) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me My outdoor hobbies include hiking, mountain biking, canoeing, kayaking, snow shoeing, skiing, fishing, and hunting. I enjoy continuously refining my equipment and techniques with the emphasis on less weight and volume.
CitySan Carlos
StateCA
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListProtocol B Aging Chart Source Detail

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Nisley

Showing 151 - 160 of 1569 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...157

Forum » Thread

Sawyer Squeeze Male-to-Male Adapter
Is there a screw-on male-to-male adapter for the Sawyer Squeeze that allows an Evernew or Sawyer bladder connected to filter's output threads to back-flush?

In GEAR » Sawyer Squeeze Male-to-Male Adapter
June 26, 3:41pm

Re: Torso Simulator to test Heat Loss in Outdoor Gear – Radiation
Jerry, Your testing methodology is MUCH improved from your first published BPL article... congratulations! I just did a speed read as opposed to a detailed analysis. The first thing that rais...

In Editor's Roundtable » Torso Simulator to test Heat Loss in Outdoor Gear – Radiation
June 25, 8:16pm

Re: Thank you
Philip, As both a sea kayaker and backpacker I am in awe of your journeys and your associated video productions. AAA+ SUPERB job!

In Post-Trip Reports » Hiking across Kodiak Island, Alaska
June 24, 6:19pm

Re: Re: Re: I tend to trust you, not Sawyer CS

In GEAR » NEW Style Sawyer Water Bladders 1L and 2L
June 13, 1:27pm

Excellent Trip Report
Thank you very much for sharing your adventure with us! Your pictures and narrative beckon me to do a similar trip.

In Post-Trip Reports » Scotland: the West Highland Way, the Cape Wrath Trail, and More
June 11, 11:02pm

Re: Re: Flat water speed comparison of Flytepacker and Alpacka Yukon Yak
Rob, The Thermarest NeoAir short pads fit the bottom of the Flytepacker perfectly. They provide a buffer against cold and rocks; they keep your butt dry; they provide safety floatation in case o...

In Packrafting » Flat water speed comparison of Flytepacker and Alpacka Yukon Yak
June 09, 5:33pm

Re: Flat water speed comparison of Flytepacker and Alpacka Yukon Yak
Rob, Thank you for a GREAT report. I have both boats and came to the same conclusions but did so subjectively. Your excellent objective analysis is a much more valuable way to convey this inform...

In Packrafting » Flat water speed comparison of Flytepacker and Alpacka Yukon Yak
June 09, 4:50pm

Re: Re: Marmot Trail Wind Hoody Air Permeability
Nathan, The Squamish fabric has been the same since 2009.

In GEAR » 2013 Spring Patagonia Houdini Pants / Jacket
June 06, 10:22am

Re: Re: WPB jackets and fragility
David Chenault's major reservation with his highly rated Rab Pulse Jacket was the kinked water repellent zipper. The one I received was also kinked. When I looked at the garment care symbols, I...

In GEAR » W/B jackets and fragility
June 06, 12:17am

Marmot Trail Wind Hoody Air Permeability
Yes, Outdoor Gear Lab tried it. The Outdoor Gear Lab aerobic field tests indicated that the Marmot Trail Wind Hoody did not breathe as well (OGL 7 rating) as either the 2013 Squamish (OGL 8 rat...

In GEAR » 2013 Spring Patagonia Houdini Pants / Jacket
June 05, 11:49pm

All Reader Reviews by Richard Nisley

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lite my fire firesteel scout firelighter
I went back to the Midwest, this month, for a family reunion and fishing trip. I took my fire steel with me. My two nephews are 10 and 12 and they love to fish. The 12 year old asked me if I would tea...

In Cookware - Other
July 21, 1:37pm

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
My piezo failed after a couple of days. It took one second to fix it by bending down the ignitor rod to make a slightly smaller gap (1/8" smaller). I then used it in Alaska for 1 1/2 months twice a da...

In Stoves - Canister
August 25, 5:17pm