BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 151 - 160 of 7306 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...731

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Dating
A friend saw librarian at library. She said no. He called several times and she made phony excuse - hair needs to be done or something. Now they're married, with at least one child.

In Chaff » Dating
August 08, 3:22pm

Re: Dating
Women are so hard to figure out Sometimes the woman says no and makes phony excuse, ask again even several times and eventually she'll agree to go out. Women like to be persued. Then aga...

In Chaff » Dating
August 08, 3:19pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Has the ‘Libertarian Moment’ Finally Arrived?
"Have one big election day in, say, May where everyone runs. Then the top two vote-getters go head-to-head in November" Doesn't California do that? Another thing would be to hav...

In Chaff » Has the ‘Libertarian Moment’ Finally Arrived?
August 08, 2:29pm

Re: What's your favorite green tea?
Bigelow Constant Comment Green Tea is okay, but I prefer the taste of black Black tea needs to be brewed at maybe 210 degree F. Green tea 170 F. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea If you heat w...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » What's your favorite green tea?
August 08, 10:05am

Re: Re: Has the ‘Libertarian Moment’ Finally Arrived?
another problem I have with Libertarians is regulations I don't like relearning lessons from 1930s by repealing Glass Stiegel There use to be acid rain in Northeastern mountain lakes, the...

August 08, 9:56am

Re: Re: Has the ‘Libertarian Moment’ Finally Arrived?
Interesting idea Doug Which political candidates are advocating that? Seems like that idea could go viral.

August 08, 9:42am

Re: The Nazis have nothing on these folks
and there was a lot of good history there about U.S. meddling - Iran and the Shah, Guatamala, Iran Contra,... and good information about propoganda techniques. I think Thom Hartmann's book...

In Chaff » The Nazis have nothing on these folks
August 08, 9:33am

Re: Re: Antidote to Manipulation? Knowledge.
He who brings up Nazis first, loses the argument : ) He who proposes a JFK assasination conspiracy theory first, loses the argument : ) all snarkiness aside... Regarding the JFK assasinati...

In Chaff » The Nazis have nothing on these folks
August 08, 9:22am

Re: Re: Re: Libertarian? Or Just Spoiled?
I agree. Few military actions are necesary. But it's difficult to just watch a bunch of people on a mountain get slaughtered. Or Benghazi, or Balkans. But it's sort of like gettin...

August 08, 9:06am

Re: Re: Re: Beber has Anti-Ursid Properties
"this doesn't come down to the level of chaff just yet." I think because of global warming there will be more bear attacks. Or maybe fewer...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Beber has Anti-Ursid Properties
August 07, 9:46pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.