Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 151 - 160 of 9178 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...918

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: trump interview on MSNBC
clips will give a good idea but maybe it was 30 minutes? it just went on and on without a pause. amazing they could both keep up rapid fire for so long Trump would call her naive and disput...

In Chaff » trump interview on MSNBC
July 10, 8:43am

Re: Re: two different levels of pain
stretching weight lifting swimming but there are times my back has been really sore. Moving any muscle in my body sends a twitch to my back. Taking pain reliever enables it to heal quick...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » pain reliever opinions sought
July 10, 8:27am

Re: Re: SRF-S84
Dale and I disagree : ) but I don't like radios with analog tuner It's hard to rotate the tuning dial to exactly tune to a station. It can drift a little so you have to go back and re-t...

In GEAR » Ultralight AM/FM radios
July 10, 8:21am

Re: Sawyer is disposable because its cheap
I don't think it really wears out or anything. No reason to think it will "only" do 1000 liters. But you're right, cheap enough that if you had to replace it then, it's not...

In GEAR » Firing Sawyer
July 10, 8:16am

Re: Re: California Fire Permit
or "easier to ask forgiveness than permission"

In Pre-Trip Planning » California Fire Permit
July 09, 9:23pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Marijuana the Devil's Lettuce
I like posting in one thread about another Probably violating some internet rule I obviously have too much idle time and should go out hiking more : )

In Chaff » Marijuana Legal in Washington for One Year
July 09, 7:10pm

Re: Re: Ultralight AM/FM radios
I got a ccrane cc winess plus. 4 ounces. $130. AM/FM/MP3/headphones or speakers. Gets pretty good reception. Lithium battery good for 12 hours of speaker or 17 hours of headphone. USB chargea...

In GEAR » Ultralight AM/FM radios
July 09, 7:06pm

Re: Re: Marijuana the Devil's Lettuce
and yet, a year out and I have not once thought "I need to divorce wife and marry someone of same sex" : )

In Chaff » Marijuana Legal in Washington for One Year
July 09, 2:31pm

Re: Re: State property vs anywhere else
there are state flags in Oregon capital, Salem, which includes confederate flag, like Mississippi talk about taking it down and, should Mississippi change their flag to not include a confeder...

In Chaff » SC Governor is So Wrong!
July 09, 1:23pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: My education from a white Southerner
"When it first flew it was in a conflict that many Southern leaders made clear was in no small part about preserving the institution of slavery." Just my opinion, but, it's way mor...

In Chaff » SC Governor is So Wrong!
July 09, 8:13am

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.