BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 151 - 160 of 7596 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...760

Forum » Thread

Re: So do I understand these freezer bags?
Or, throw food in pot after it's boiled. Maybe turn down to simmer and let it come back to boil for 15 seconds. Put on lid and let sit for 5 or 10 minutes. It'll dehydrate a little bette...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » So do I understand these freezer bags?
October 02, 9:05am

Re: re: Don't do as I do
I dehydrated some Jalapenos. These were very mild, eating them I didn't hardly notice any heat. Yet my hands were on fire for 12 hours afterwards. I tried various remedies which didn't w...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Don't do as I do
October 01, 5:41pm

Re: debugging
After you figure it out, then you're an idiot : ) Pretty sure there's supposed to be a gasket. Take the gasket off the Squeeze? Maybe a garden hose gasket is the same size?

In GEAR » Sawyer Mini and Evernew Bags problems
October 01, 12:00pm

Re: Sawyer Mini and Evernew Bags problems
Did the Mini not leak with the Sawyer bag? Did the gasket fall out? Try a soda or water bottle, because they're cheap and easily available. Just to see if the problem is with the Mini. ...

In GEAR » Sawyer Mini and Evernew Bags problems
October 01, 11:47am

League of Denial
Anyone see "League of Denial" on PBS Frontline They talked about how common head injuries are and how the NFL has a denial strategy. Produce fake scientific studies that cast doubt so...

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
October 01, 9:23am

Re: Failing Zip
"Planning on scrubbing it with a toothbrush and maybe adding some Teflon lube tomorrow" since it's just 6", get a tub of soapy water. Let it soak. Scrub with brush...

In GEAR » Failing #3 Zippers?
October 01, 8:54am

Re: Thread Selection for Silnylon
I use Gutterman sew all from local fabric store on silnylon tarp. 100s of nights. Very windy on occasion. The only problem is the seam that joins panels going up to a corner, the fabric stretc...

In Make Your Own Gear » Thread Selection for Silnylon
September 30, 9:48pm

Re: Re: Failing #3 Zippers?
I have used #3 coil on pyramid tent. There's a lot of force sideways on the zipper. After maybe 100 nights, when I zip it up, it started seperating. The zipper pull works fine. I am fairl...

In GEAR » Failing #3 Zippers?
September 30, 9:38pm

Re: Re: Key Blanks
Your car locks itself a minute after you leave vehicle???? Amazing!!!

In GEAR » Car Keys
September 30, 5:46pm

Re: Re: Re: Car Keys
Once I put my pack in car, closed door, pack pushed against door lock button and locked car, I had to break window to get in...

In GEAR » Car Keys
September 30, 4:33pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.