Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 151 - 160 of 8966 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...897

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Coffee in your cathole
"Seriously do you pick the corn out of your cathole?" You need to chew your food better : )

In GEAR » Ultralight Coffee Options
June 09, 7:24am

Re: Mosquitos
Lots of people on oregonhikers.org whining about mosquitoes right now that means black flies, which are much worse, are imminent in a month things will improve

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hiking Oregon PCT advice please.
June 08, 5:14pm

Re: Outbreak of Giardiasis Associated with Drinking Surface Water Along a Hiking Trail [Aquamira]
> 4 hours contact time just to drink the water is ridiculous, That's why many of us have switched to Sawyer Squeeze - doesn't rely on complicated electronic device with batteries : )

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Outbreak of Giardiasis Associated with Drinking Surface Water Along a Hiking Trail [Aquamira]
June 08, 5:11pm

Re: Re: After the clutter has gone
BOAT "Break Out Another Thousand" Bill Walton (I suspect he has more expensive boats than normal people)

In Chaff » After the clutter has gone
June 08, 2:21pm

Re: Jerry Adams - Strawberry Mountains
that would be me : ) I had a bit of a negative review of that area. That didn't turn you off? It would be quite hot there now. Better start hiking at 5 AM to avoid the heat. Actually...

In Pre-Trip Planning » backpacking Oregon
June 08, 2:14pm

Re: Re: Design Questions
never mind : ) I though back piece was just one flat piece. Vestibule will be good.

In Make Your Own Gear » Tent sewing question
June 08, 7:18am

Re: Backpacking Oregon
To be honest, I haven't done much in "Mosquito Heaven" but it's not real alpine. Too many tress. Not enough views. Relative to some of those other places at least. (Actually, ...

June 08, 7:16am

Re: backpacking Oregon
Trail around Mount Hood is 40 miles. Lots of steep canyons with difficult streams to cross. Except by September the flow gets pretty low. Trail across Eliot is closed, but there are ways across ...

June 08, 7:14am

Re: Lightest & Best 3 Layer Rain Jacket?
I think 3 layer will last longer than 2.5 layer The inner (third) layer absorbs body oil and stuff With a 2.5 layer jacket, which is a good bit lighter weight, it absorbs sweat and body oil a...

In GEAR » Lightest & Best 3 Layer Rain Jacket?
June 07, 5:31pm

Re: Storage Options for a PCT start from Sea-Tac ?
how are you getting from seatac to Snoqualmie and Wenatchee to seatac?

In Pre-Trip Planning » Storage Options for a PCT start from Sea-Tac ?
June 07, 4:49pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.