Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 151 - 160 of 8757 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...876

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: The basic meat
"What place does Universal Love, Oneness, and a very developed, objective sense of ethics have in such a reality?" You can explain it with hormones When we do good things, we releas...

In Chaff » The basic math behind Christianity...
April 15, 7:43am

Re: Re: Re: A thru-hiker's power management dream come true?!
I can see investing in kickstarter to encourage an entrepreneur

In GEAR » A thru-hiker's power management dream come true?!
April 15, 7:35am

Re: Re: A thru-hiker's power management dream come true?!
maybe if you have other devices to charge like phone, gps, steripen,...

April 14, 10:10pm

Re: First MYOG quilt. Do I need another?
Use it until you find some characteristic that's unacceptable. Like warm weather and cold weather. See if the width is okay. I you're unsure it's warm enough for a particular trip,...

In Make Your Own Gear » First MYOG quilt. Do I need another?
April 14, 5:11pm

Re: Bilateral asymmetry
But if it showed that treated down had no significant benefit, it would kill sales. Better to invest their money in slick advertising : )

In GEAR » Any real world benefit to Hydrophobic Down jackets? PNW BPL'ers please chime in
April 14, 9:53am

Re: Hmmm
http://www.amazon.com/KMASHI-Thunderbolt-Incredible-Blackberry-Smartphones/dp/B00JM59JPG/ 10,000 mAh, $12 Bolt also has the 110/240V AC charger built in, but most people have one of those alr...

April 13, 9:06pm

Re: Cowboy camping and the bivy
I made a hybrid down quilt/bivy. It has M50 outside which is breathable with good DWR. You could just as easily have a separate bivy and quilt. I cowboy camp about half the nights. Occasional...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Cowboy camping and the bivy
April 13, 8:55pm

Re: Person/Outfit that will make cuben tent fly to replace sil?
Find a tent that someone already makes that's similar to yours Too expensive to make a new design that's slightly different MLD makes a bunch of Cuben mids that people seem to like, f...

In GEAR » Person/Outfit that will make cuben tent fly to replace sil?
April 13, 3:13pm

Re: adding toe loops for gaiters
owfinc.com has gaiter hooks you can sew on you can find similar ones at fabric store, but not quite the right size.

In Make Your Own Gear » adding toe loops for gaiters
April 13, 7:29am

Re: In A Time Lapse
nice Doug! Glad I quit working when I did. Found plenty of stuff to do. It's a change though for sure.

In Chaff » In A Time Lapse
April 13, 7:25am

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.