Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 151 - 160 of 8521 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...853

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Proud of my fellow BPLrs.
Whiskey tango foxtrot? very nice...

In Chaff » Proud of my fellow BPLrs.
March 14, 9:15am

Re: What do you use to carry food?
Zip top gallon bag 2nd bag with squishable stuff goes sort of on top so it doesn't get squished, maybe a quart bag Put them in pack and hang from tree at night to keep critters out. Not ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What do you use to carry food?
March 14, 9:03am

Re: Solar variation and temperature trends
CO2 absorbs some of the IR being emitted from the air and the oceans. So that CO2 gets a little warmer. Otherwise the IR would have been emmitted to outer space. That warmth is conducted to the ...

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
March 13, 7:09pm

Re: Solar variation and temperature trends
I don't see how you reconcile Willie Soon saying he's a Smithsonian Astrophysicist, but the Smithsonian says he's a part time researcher and they're questioning his ethics

March 13, 7:04pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Willie Soon
I think that Joe McCarthy analogy applies better to today's right wingers who are just 95% into smearing people I think that letter that 47 GOP senators signed, undermining the president, &q...

March 13, 5:03pm

Re: Re: Caltopo
gallon ziploc bag is good for 8 1/2 x 11 paper. Maybe 8 1/2 x 10 1/2 would be better - you can cut a slice off the paper

In GEAR » National Geographic map kit software - worth it?
March 13, 4:57pm

Re: ukraine
NBC Dateline Blacklist March 12 at 8PM - I can't find any links to it except for promotional previews They investigated the murder of the Russian, "Sasha", with Polonium 210: - Sa...

In Chaff » I Find This Very Troubling (Warning: Politics)
March 13, 4:55pm

Re: Re: Re: Willie Soon
From the Washington Post article: "According to a statement from the Smithsonian, Soon is “a part-time researcher at the Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory,” and the institution is ...

March 13, 4:01pm

Re: Solar Variation and temperature trends
so, did Willie Soon publish papers and not disclose they were funded by fossil fuel companies?

March 13, 3:43pm

Re: Re: Wind tunnel tests are decieving..
"I like the Hillberg method of testing outside with their modified snow blower. A bit less scientific perhaps. But real ground with stakes, outside, like we would use them." +1 - you c...

In GEAR » MSR Flylite -- Reviews?
March 13, 7:33am

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.