BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 151 - 160 of 7589 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...759

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Failing #3 Zippers?
I have used #3 coil on pyramid tent. There's a lot of force sideways on the zipper. After maybe 100 nights, when I zip it up, it started seperating. The zipper pull works fine. I am fairl...

In GEAR » Failing #3 Zippers?
September 30, 9:38pm

Re: Re: Key Blanks
Your car locks itself a minute after you leave vehicle???? Amazing!!!

In GEAR » Car Keys
September 30, 5:46pm

Re: Re: Re: Car Keys
Once I put my pack in car, closed door, pack pushed against door lock button and locked car, I had to break window to get in...

In GEAR » Car Keys
September 30, 4:33pm

Re: Replacing my gears
1 - I use bivy. Sleeping pad and quilt go inside, which keeps them dry from any dampness on ground. If it's not going to rain, I don't bother with tent. Much prefer just sleeping out. ...

In GEAR » Replacing my gears
September 30, 1:03pm

Re: Re: Which is more likely
Ziploc freezer bag. Cut it to size. Use "seal-a-meal" to seal edges. Use that for wallet. Fairly waterproof. At some point it occurred to me there was no reason to move stuff from ...

In GEAR » Car Keys
September 30, 12:53pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Palestine, Israel, and lessons from pet bunny rabbits
Without "Islamofacists" you'de have no John McCain, Lindsey Graham, Mike Rogers,...

In Chaff » The real reasons why Israel is bombing Palestine
September 30, 11:30am

Re: Re: Re: Palestine, Israel, and lessons from pet bunny rabbits
Without Lex Luther there'de be no Superman Without The Joker there'de be no Batman You can't have a super hero without a super villian

September 30, 11:00am

Re: Palestine, Israel, and lessons from pet bunny rabbits
Maybe we should try to annex Israel including Palestinian areas. Then they'll unite against us : ) Okay, that's ridiculous, but maybe a clever diplomat could somehow use that idea. Try...

September 30, 9:09am

Re: Gopro 4 is here
looks very tiny doesn't it have a display on it so you can see what the picture you just took looks like? Previous gopros don't have this?

In Photography » Gopro 4 is here
September 29, 10:56pm

Re: Re: If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water.
"Long as I remember the rain been comin' down Clouds of mystery pourin' confusion on the ground. Good men through the ages tryin' to find the sun. And I wonder still I wonder...

In Chaff » If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water.
September 29, 9:02pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.