Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 151 - 160 of 8129 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...813

Forum » Thread

Re: sawyer regular
"My experience with hard PET water bottles is if you keep bending them they will fail at the point where the bend forms a corner, like any plastic that is hard bent back and forth over and ove...

In GEAR » Checking in: Sawyer Mini
January 16, 1:42pm

Re: Scooter
I've heard of people driving a car to a trailhead (in the Western U.S. : ) ) with bike, parking car, riding bike to another trailhead and parking it, walking on trail back to their car, and the...

In Gear Deals » Interest register in new outdoor product
January 16, 10:23am

Re: steripen users..
It's okay to carry water. Doesn't matter if it's in light or dark. There is some organic material in the water after sterilization. If bacteria from the air got into it, it would b...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » steripen users..
January 16, 10:17am

Re: moderate
+1 to Kat and Ian

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » BPL Reacts to distasteful ad complaints
January 16, 10:02am

Re: Hikes in the Canadian Rockies?
I did a backpacking trip in Jasper many years ago. We were surrounded by a herd of Caribou at one point. We saw Aurora Borealis one night. Very wild and unpopulated. I've been to Banff a ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Hikes in the Canadian Rockies?
January 16, 9:56am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Jetboil cold weather heat exchanger
"My only word of caution - perhaps warranted, perhaps not - is for anyone making one of these to do his/her own temperature tests to make sure the canister does not overheat" Definitel...

In Make Your Own Gear » Jetboil cold weather heat exchanger
January 16, 8:32am

Re: Image
If you put a blank line between each picture, then they won't be displayed sideways requiring sideways scrolling to view them Nice pictures and report

In Post-Trip Reports » PATAGONIA: TORRES DEL PAINE Q Circuit Trip Report
January 15, 11:58pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Jetboil cold weather heat exchanger
You can buy strips of copper to put on roof to prevent moss (or just throw pennies on your roof - do this while drinking beer out of aluminum cans)

In Make Your Own Gear » Jetboil cold weather heat exchanger
January 15, 9:47pm

Re: Re: Re: They did it!!!
Hi Dave I lovingly notice that some people repeat the same half truths (giving you a lot of benefit of doubt) thinking that if they're repeated often enough, people will believe it.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » They did it!!!
January 15, 9:38pm

Re: Sawyer
I've never had a problem with my Squeeze. I don't use bags - lap seams are just too weak in my opinion. I backflush before and after every trip. I tried recharegable Lithium batteries ...

In GEAR » Checking in: Sawyer Mini
January 15, 9:35pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.