Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Lyan Jordan (redmonk) - BPL Guest

My Locale Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem
About Me Constantly pushing the envelope on UL lifestyle. Over the last few years, I have saved a ton of weight by replacing my old gear with innovative new materials woven from hollow words, broken contracts, and empty promises.
CityBozeman
StateMT
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.promisemoredelivernothing.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Lyan Jordan

Showing 151 - 160 of 971 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...98

Forum » Thread

Guy on reddit talks about his Grizzy bear attack where he was blinded...
I know what the subject is Bob, but your posting history suggests that being relevant to the topic is not a criteria for you to post one of your contributions to a thread. Again, if you could cl...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Guy on reddit talks about his Grizzy bear attack where he was blinded...
May 11, 11:39am

I will not. At least not immediately. Go edit your misplaced concerns and fears to specify you we're talking about a specific type of bear in Your posts. It was not clear at all that...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Guy on reddit talks about his Grizzy bear attack where he was blinded...
May 10, 8:28pm

Nobody has ever lived to tell the story of what happened when a bear found the cord from a PCT hang. Nobody. Bob Gross has raised the concern, repeatedly, but until someone survives such an ...

May 10, 4:17pm

Need a new camera
I have an older PanaLeica compact that takes great pictures from a tripod. Small enough to mount on a shoulder strap. Okay optical zoom. Great low light performance at iso100 off a tripod. ...

In Photography » Need a new camera
May 10, 4:08pm

All things are never equal
I think this is BPL, bp lite might be this site --G.B.--

In GEAR » Helium Vs. Versalite (I know, another sleeping bag comparison rehash)
May 10, 12:19am

Balls and Sunshine Ripped-off on the CDT!!
Can't we compromise ? Chop off their right hand now, and later brand them across the forehead with a warning sign ? In the old days, justice was swifter than it is now. I'm not say...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Balls and Sunshine Ripped-off on the CDT!!
May 09, 4:25pm

Best water bottle with wide mouth and light?
Steripen has several models that work well with soda bottles and larger openings. Steripen has several models that need a huge opening. Most "wide mouth" bottle issues can be solv...

In GEAR » Best water bottle with wide mouth and light?
May 08, 10:50pm

What's so great about the JMT?
+1 If you camp with the pack, hike with the pack, and break with the pack, it may seem crowded. Doing the trail that way is a choice.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What's so great about the JMT?
May 07, 10:05am

They have ice cream at three locations on the JMT now !

May 05, 5:34pm

I remember the old days fighting in tehipite valley a couple dozen or so decades ago. Those were wild times. Back then we liked the JMT area because it was safe. I think that is why it remains...

May 05, 5:21pm

All Reader Reviews by Lyan Jordan

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Absaroka
Great pack. Smallish, but fits a bearikade expedition. I used it on a JMT thru, and it carried great with 30# in it. Comfortable. Carries on the hips, not much should pressure at all. Would wo...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
October 16, 10:25am