Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

larry savage (pyeyo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale pacific northwest
About Me aging 4 season mountain bum,if I'm not here I'm out there.
CityWenatchee
StateWashington
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by larry savage

Showing 151 - 160 of 743 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...75

Forum » Thread

soda springs
Soda Springs is a primitive [pit toilet] no fee campsite and like everything in the Lake Wenatchee drainage very prone to las moscas y los mosquitos in the season. It easily found about 9 miles ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Huckleberry Lovers!
September 23, 5:19pm

Revenge of the Vibram Rock Monster
Well maybe it's not quit revenge and maybe I'm not exactly a vibram rock monster but all this talk about berries and being stuck in the valley was too much. I decided to take the long way ...

September 23, 12:50pm

true ul wine carrier
I believe the only true way to carry wine and qualify as ultralight would be the original bota bag, a sheep's bladder, washed and rinsed in a spring fed mountain river, then stitched closed wit...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Dehydrated Wine from Katadyn????
September 22, 7:31am

good points
Things that don't move need insulation but be vigilant to over heating. The worse mistake I ever made with my son in the winter snow was not realizing that he needed sun glasses too. All thes...

In Winter Hiking » Winter clothing system for small 3yo?
September 21, 10:14pm

I might be learnin' sumptin here
It would appear that you all have started rubbing off on me. I believe one of my first posts was flamed to pieces when I mentioned I felt lucky to go out for a 5 day climbing trip with around 40-4...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » I might be learnin' sumptin here
September 21, 10:10pm

those crafty people overseas
The Japanese had a line of cocktails that were dehydrated and they were ghastly [the online word blocker would not let me use the appropriate language]. The peach something or other could be gagge...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Dehydrated Wine from Katadyn????
September 21, 9:50pm

2009 berry picking season
Here's what I think...

September 21, 9:46pm

follow the trail of muffin crumbs
Follow the trail of muffin crumbs, stop anybody with suspicious stained lips and fingers, look for tattered WTA magazines attached to bamboo trail wands, she CAN be found....

September 17, 9:06pm

wow, great sounding family
Just 2 kids 24 years apart, the only hand me down was the red wagon. If I didn't get gear doggie disease I would never buy anything. The only pack I "had" to replace was because a po...

In GEAR » Total money spent on gear
September 17, 9:00pm

hanging out in Yosemite
Hanging out in Yosemite one summer the inevitable Norman Clyde stories would seep out of the foggy climber's brains late at night. Enough homemade peach wine and poetry weed usually brought out...

In Chaff » Only sissies carry less than 75lbs in the Sierras
September 17, 9:31am

All Reader Reviews by larry savage

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

five ten camp four
The five ten camp four shoe fits into the approach shoe category, a little heavier then a trail runner the camp four excels at getting you there then holding it's own as a climbing shoe. Internal...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
May 27, 10:28am

Stanley Titanium Helios Ice Axe
I've been using a helios ice axe since mid-winter. This is an all titanium tool, the only one I think is available since the Ushba has gone away. Made by Jim Stanley with a 6-4 ti head and a 3-2...

In Climbing Gear & Accessories
May 24, 11:04pm

clif shot bloks/jelly belly sport beans various flavors
2 different products from 2 different makers aimed at providing some carbs/electrolytes and fruit flavors on hikes and multiday trips. Clif Shot Bloks are soft [rubbery] organic rice syrup cubes that...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
May 08, 10:50pm

exposure joystick
Born into the world of endurance and mtn. bike racing the joystick crosses over nicely for weekend or longer [w/solar charger] wilderness trips. At 85 gms. it is a few grams lighter then a surefire e...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
April 29, 12:37pm