BPL Community Profile

Nate Powell (powell1nj) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale North Carolina
About Me Nate Powell has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListFoothills Trail Gearlist - March 28 - April 1, 2012

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nate Powell

Showing 151 - 160 of 167 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Forum » Thread

La Sportiva FC 1.1 Hiking Shoe
Anyone ever used these? My big concern is arch support - I know for that I should be checking into aftermarket insoles, but sometimes you can get get lucky with the factory insoles. Any info. on th...

In GEAR » La Sportiva FC 1.1 Hiking Shoe
March 20, 1:26pm

Re: Vail, CO Backpacking
Thanks for the reply Dean. By general area I'm thinking within an hour's drive of Vail, maybe a bit longer. I'd be interested to hear from folks who live in the area about some trails...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Vail, CO Backpacking
March 10, 5:51am

Vail, CO Backpacking
Howdy. I'm going to be working in Vail this summer (June and July). Haven't done much backpacking in the area but I'm hoping to remedy that. Any recommendations for good trails/place...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Vail, CO Backpacking
March 09, 11:48am

Lightweight Mids with Good Arch Support?
Anyone have any suggestions? I'm thinking I may have to score something new for this spring/summer - mostly trail hiking with a little off-trail action. I've been using Chaco Canyonland Low...

In GEAR » Lightweight Mids with Good Arch Support?
February 28, 6:33am

Outdoor Research Helium
Anyone have an experience with this jacket yet? I'm intrigued by the 6.8oz weight. I've never used Pertex - love to hear how it performs...

In GEAR » Outdoor Research Helium
February 25, 2:45pm

Re: Re: Tyvek Pant Sizes
Oops...guess I should've done more research on that one. Thanks Christopher.

In GEAR » Tyvek Pant Sizes
February 24, 5:30pm

Tyvek Pant Sizes
Hey there. I was thinking of giving Tyvek pants a shot as UL rainpants. I found a site that has some for sale but don't know if I should order Med or Large. Anyone use these babies and have ...

In GEAR » Tyvek Pant Sizes
February 24, 5:19pm

Re: Re: Re: Ohm
Thanks Jeff. Good to know the padding is comfy, and the info about sizing is helpful. I noticed on their website that they don't do the small hip-belt for the ohm which is a concern for me. ...

In GEAR » ULA Ohm Side Compression
February 24, 1:17pm

Re: Ohm
Hey Greg, how's the hip-belt on the Ohm? Comfortable/decent padding? Also what do you think of the hip-belt pockets? Where do they attach on the belt? Have any trips planned with the new pack...

February 24, 1:00pm

Ohm Pad
Thanks for the info fellas. Curt and Greg: do you guys think the use of inflatable pad/pillow gives you much load transfer or is this primarily a back pad/convenient storage situation? Also, I us...

February 23, 7:23am

All Reader Reviews by Nate Powell

Nate Powell has posted no reviews.