BPL Community Profile

Daniel Pittman (pitsy) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Central Texas
About Me Born: Mississippi. Raised: Houston. Boy Scouts, BMX, camping. Navy: Great Lakes, Orlando, Norfolk, Guantanamo, San Diego. Hitch-hiked from S.D. to NYC. Bike shops. Moved to: Austin, then Round Rock. Made a baby with: Melissa McChristian. Favorite place: Grand Teton. Favorite animal: Black Bear.
CityRound Rock
StateTX
CountryUnited States of America
My Website URLhttps://www.facebook.com/daniel.pittman.108

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Daniel Pittman

Showing 151 - 160 of 286 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...29

Forum » Thread

Re: New Balance Leadville MT1210 Runners Review
I like the features and based on your review, they are going on a short list of shoes to try when my Merrell Moabs wear out. Been looking for a lighter shoe that breathes well, but still has a tou...

In Editor's Roundtable » New Balance Leadville MT1210 Runners Review
September 12, 11:23pm

Re: The most "non lightweight" thing you've seen on the trail
Two small sacks of cement and a bundle of 8' rebar. Little Mexican dude must have been pouring a foundation for something in the Cuyamacas.

In GEAR » The most "non lightweight" thing you've seen on the trail
September 12, 11:11pm

Re: Noisy for Some People
D'oh! Missed that one. Maybe the noise level is a function of tent-floor material. I'll tell you mine is nearly silent on Tyvek and Sylnylon, and linoleum. Of course, we should also con...

In GEAR » A Question for You Science-Minded Folks...
September 12, 8:23pm

Re: Fun at the Japanese store
Haikus are requested by Jen Inspired by panties for men But if it's all the same to you, I'd rather write a man-panty Clerihew.

In GEAR » Fun at the Japanese store
September 12, 8:18pm

Exped noisy?
For what it's worth, I've never had a noise issue with my Exped SynMat UL 7. And I roll in my sleep all night long. On the REI website, 72 reviews with no one complaining about noise. An...

In GEAR » A Question for You Science-Minded Folks...
September 12, 7:58pm

Re: "Good salespeople know this and exploit it. "
They have to ask. It's what they're trained to do first and foremost. Product knowledge comes later, if ever. My technique is to ask them very technical questions about a product on the ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Current conversations with JMT hikers
September 03, 9:18pm

Re: Ultralight Group Cooking
The only way this 'article' has anything to do with group cooking, is that a lightweight yet sturdy pot-stand is needed to hold larger pots. But who cooks large meals with a tiny alcohol s...

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight Group Cooking
September 03, 9:00pm

Re: Scales at REI
At mine, they have one in the backpack section. They hang all the 'torso-sizing tools' on it so it's a big hassle to use. The gram scale is in the bike shop.

In Philosophy & Technique » Current conversations with JMT hikers
September 03, 8:51pm

Re: Anybody tried Sterno for dry baking?
It's just jellied denatured alcohol. Should put out close to the same amount of heat as liquid denatured alcohol, if it can burn properly in a regular alcohol stove. Please try it out and rep...

In GEAR » Anybody tried Sterno for dry baking?
September 03, 8:46pm

Re: Ultralight Group Cooking: A crummy commercial?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5OWoG44VAw

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight Group Cooking
September 03, 2:31pm

All Reader Reviews by Daniel Pittman

Daniel Pittman has posted no reviews.