BPL Community Profile

Joe Westing (pedro87) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Joe Westing hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Joe Westing has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Joe Westing

Showing 151 - 160 of 208 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Forum » Thread

Re: packraftinglight.com
Dave: I completely agree. Its not that the number of packrafting articles are overwhelming or that I hate packrafting, but the overall member content just seems to be extremely low lately. I r...

In Editor's Roundtable » An Ultralighter Paddles on the Dark Side: Packrafting a Remote Canyon "Heavy" Style
July 01, 5:46pm

Re: Re: New to lightweight backpacking
I second the recommendation for a bug bivy. However, even the lightweight bivys w/ poles (like those by Mountain Laurel Designs) usually have a hang loop that ties to the top of your tarp and keep...

In Gear Lists » New to Lightweight Backpacking
July 01, 5:41pm

Re: Packrafting & BPL
Tad- the gold standard for packrafts is Alpacka (alpackaraft.com) they may not be cheap but perform extremely well. packrafts by this company have been featured in all of BPL's packrafting...

In Editor's Roundtable » An Ultralighter Paddles on the Dark Side: Packrafting a Remote Canyon "Heavy" Style
June 29, 11:04am

Re: question for bivy campers
If you are referring to stand-alone bivys w/ waterproof fabric on top and bottom, then Chad's response answers your question. However, many people on this site use a tarp in conjunction with...

In Philosophy & Technique » question for bivy campers
June 20, 9:56am

excellent article
I really loved this article and I am surprise that it has received so few comments. Improved decision making is one benefit of lightweight backpacking that I had never thought about.

In Editor's Roundtable » Decision-Making and the Lightweight Pack
June 19, 5:03pm

Re: Looking for a pair of Shorts...
I am currently looking at the Patagonia Ultra shorts

In GEAR » Looking for a pair of Shorts...
June 04, 1:48pm

Re: You fat people have it good!!!
5'6'' and 115 lbs. (BMI of 18.6) don't hate me for my teenage metabolism :) seriously, like Rod I can't afford to lose calories on any of my trips!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » I seems obvious to me.
June 04, 1:45pm

Re: forum reorganization?
I think your reorganization is superb except for one minor change. IMHO Reader Reviews should stay as a separate entity away from forums. They don't seem to suited to the forum format (they a...

In GEAR » forum reorganization?
May 29, 6:56pm

Re: James' first sub 5lb trip
I completely agree with Adam. This post more than any other I've seen on this site makes me want to go for (and feel confident doing) a sub 5lb base weight (the pictures help a lot).

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » My first sub 5 lb trip!
May 28, 9:26pm

Re: Short Guys Unite!!!
As another short guy (5'6''), I would also be interested in a pattern. I have been planning on making a climashield quilt but have put it off due to heavy year-end schoolwork. However...

In Make Your Own Gear » Patterns for Summer Quilt for Short Guy (5'6")?
May 28, 9:17pm

All Reader Reviews by Joe Westing

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BackpackingLight.com
After having a problem with my BPL print subscription (totally my bad), Karen quickly (within a day) and kindly fixed everything. Couldn't ask for anything more.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 11, 5:09pm

Gossamer Gear Nightlight Torso
This is a great pad. It is fairly comfortable, although it gets less comfortable with use. I would give it five stars if it maintained its initially level of comfort. Still, it doesn't wear dow...

In Sleeping Pads - Foam
July 19, 12:18pm

Leki Ultralight Ti
Had these poles for a few years and they've performed very well. Only had one time when the poles slipped and that was quickly fixed by cleaning the poles. These titanium poles are fairly light ...

In Trekking Poles
June 29, 11:01am