BPL Community Profile

Paul McLaughlin (paul) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Paul McLaughlin hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Paul McLaughlin has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul McLaughlin

Showing 151 - 160 of 867 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...87

Forum » Thread

Re: TNF Red Blaze seems too good to be true
I bet there's a mistake there somewhere. Do the math: 133 gm/sq. m = 3.92 oz/sq yd even if the liner is .9 oz fabric, you have 1.9 plus .9 plus 3.92 which is 6.72 oz/ sq. yd. for the sandwich...

In GEAR » TNF Red Blaze seems too good to be true
November 12, 6:10pm

points to consider
There seems to be some debate about how effective the reflective aspect of the RR solar is if used in a combination of pads. So the safe bet is to downgrade the R-rating of that pad if used that wa...

In GEAR » Results of comparing r-value, cost and weight to Downmat vs. Synmat
November 12, 5:40pm

Re: Logistical exits at John Muir Ranch - JMT going southbound.
Go east. It's going to be much easier to get where you want to go if you come out on the east side. Either go up Mono creek, over Mono Pass and out Rock Creek, or go slightly longer and go up P...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Logistical exits at John Muir Ranch - JMT going southbound.
November 10, 2:33pm

Re: Wind Screen
Just to clarify my post about the melting parts, I had the same stove (Coleman F1 Ultralight) and my son borrowed it, and using it with a foil windscreen halfway around the stove, he melted that pl...

In Make Your Own Gear » Wind Screen
November 07, 5:33pm

Re: eVent available on OWFINC
Indeed. In fact I just got 3 yds. of the black (which I now don't need because I scored 5yds of even lighter eVent from another BPL member) I inquired and OWF told me the black was the lightest...

In Make Your Own Gear » eVent available on OWFINC
November 06, 9:52pm

Re: Wind Screen
Don't use that with that stove! That Coleman has plastic parts that are going to melt with that rig - including the bit that connects the control handle to the valve. If that melts YOU CANNOT T...

In Make Your Own Gear » Wind Screen
November 06, 8:57pm

bigger tarp
A bigger tarp with your current bivies will be much lighter than your current tarp with eVent bivies, and you'll be better off in windy conditions besides.

In Philosophy & Technique » Foot of Bivy sticking out of tarp?
November 05, 6:57pm

Re: .34 ounce Cuben over 10d nylon
Cuben has little or no stretch; nylon has significant stretch. So layering them together doesn't seem like a good idea, as the cuben will still take the load anyway because the nylon will never...

In Make Your Own Gear » .34 ounce Cuben over 10d nylon
November 02, 5:18pm

Re: Backpacking snow shell pants
For California in the spring I have been using homemade EPIC shell pants with great success. Long johns underneath. Puffy pants for camp. I don't carry waterproof pants at all. Now if it's ...

In GEAR » Backpacking snow shell pants
October 28, 11:21am

Re: FS: Tarptent Stratospire 1
I want it. PM me.

In Gear Swap » FS: Tarptent Stratospire 1
October 26, 8:09pm

All Reader Reviews by Paul McLaughlin

Paul McLaughlin has posted no reviews.