Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Adam Kilpatrick (oysters) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale South Australia
About Me Into Bushwalking in remote areas in Australia. Have completed alot of walks in Southern Australia, especially in the Flinders Ranges, but also some decent trips in Victoria, Tasmania, and Central Australia.

I also spend a lot of time in the field for work (arid areas) and am an avid Scouter!

Oh yeah, and I'm into cycling and photography too.
CityAdelaide
StateSouth Australia
CountryAustralia
My Website URLhttp://worldtrike.crazyguyonabike.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Adam Kilpatrick

Showing 151 - 160 of 695 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...70

Forum » Thread

BSA Alcohol Ban
That's interesting, I didn't realise they had done a ban too. I've been seriously considering raising this as an option at least in South Australia for Scouts. The upshot is it will sav...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » The easiest, cheapest, robust Scout backpacking stove ever?
May 18, 6:18am

Osprey
My wife and I recently tried on an Osprey Pogo Plus child carrier. We have a 2013 model Macpac Possum (generally previously considered the duck's guts of child carriers) but we both struggle to...

In GEAR » why are osprey packs so popular?
May 05, 6:37pm

Re: Re: Fire Bans
+2 As an Australian, reading here about people's objections to being told what to do with regard to fire safety/fire bans is hilarious. 100% of fellow Aussies would tell you you're a *@#...

In GEAR » Hikin Jim's "Dry Out West" Stove Article at GG
May 05, 6:30pm

Re: Re: Re: Starlyte
Or miss the stove entirely. You don't go hiking with teenagers do you? Its not hard to make a mess. I'd like to see you use your bandana to get alcohol out of the A0 horizon. In any case...

May 02, 8:01pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Trying for SUL, but without spending any money over what I already have. Critique my list!
I agree with Aaron's comments, except the bivy. Even not changing the bivy you can get "SUL". Also, its a tyvek bivy??? That's pretty light for a quasi WPB bivy. With no other she...

In Gear Lists » Trying for SUL, but without spending any money over what I already have. Critique my list!
May 02, 6:41pm

Re: Starlyte
Yes, but you never have to pour fuel from a canister container into the canister stove. This is where the danger is with the fires, its not just with the stove once its running per se. The problem ...

May 02, 6:05pm

Re: Light pack for a female & 1-man 3-season tent for Australia (NSW particularly)
The moment is a great tent. I used the original version for a 9 month cycling trip from Adelaide to Sweden. Great for 3 season conditions, will handle light snow with care, otherwise the crossing p...

In GEAR » Light pack for a female & 1-man 3-season tent for Australia (NSW particularly)
May 02, 6:41am

More substantial hip belt
Todd (and Doug if listening) how do you think the half pack would have gone if instead of having shoulder straps, it had a more substantial waist belt instead? Like a twin buckle strap, some den...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Lumbar pack
April 30, 4:09pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: dropping wt
I've done 24hr/overnight trips with no teeth cleaning gear. I use an electric at home, and floss, so not too bothered by not cleaning that long, brush at the end (the end-car suggestions so far...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Creative way you dropped 1oz
April 29, 5:15am

Quick look
What's your lowest expected temp overnight? Your beanie is quite heavy at 3oz. If its not too cold (say >8C) I personally am ok with a normal buff, merino should be a smidge warmer, but Y...

In Gear Lists » Trying for SUL, but without spending any money over what I already have. Critique my list!
April 29, 4:51am

All Reader Reviews by Adam Kilpatrick

Adam Kilpatrick has posted no reviews.