BPL Community Profile

Adam Kilpatrick (oysters) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale South Australia
About Me Into Bushwalking in remote areas in Australia. Have completed alot of walks in Southern Australia, especially in the Flinders Ranges, but also some decent trips in Victoria, Tasmania, and Central Australia.

I also spend a lot of time in the field for work (arid areas) and am an avid Scouter!

Oh yeah, and I'm into cycling and photography too.
CityAdelaide
StateSouth Australia
CountryAustralia
My Website URLhttp://worldtrike.crazyguyonabike.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Adam Kilpatrick

Showing 151 - 160 of 529 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...53

Forum » Thread

Double layer tent?
I've not yet camped in conditions where I'd personally consider putting a stove in my tent for heat warranted, but if you are spending the time and effort and weight on a wood stove and the...

In Editor's Roundtable » Backpackable Wood Stoves: Theory and Ultralight Application
February 06, 12:22am

Re: Re: MontBell Plasma 1000 Down Jacket Review
At the risk of starting a flame war, I very much agree with Dale on this. Especially if you are anything above average in metabolism when awake, there's not much point in having a double win...

In Editor's Roundtable » MontBell Plasma 1000 Down Jacket Review
November 10, 5:51pm

Proactive durability modifications
Hi All wondering if anyone has any techniques for lightweight modifications that could enhance the long term durability of trail runners? For example, putting some kind of coating (normal super-...

In Editor's Roundtable » Altra Lone Peak 1.5 Trail Shoe Review
September 24, 1:44am

Re: review
That would be useful. I can see some merit in this stove in the right niche. Shame the article is like an advertisement. I agree its a bit below standard. Weird. All can be amended with some nic...

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight Group Cooking
September 04, 8:46pm

Books worth reading...
Take a read of Pavel's "Power to the People" And if you are interested beyond that, "Strong First" by Pavel and Dan John. My wife and I have started doing their recomm...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Good workouts for backpacking?
August 20, 10:09pm

Light T shirts
They have some pretty light T Shirts here in Japan I've noticed. I've bought one so far, 780Yen (about $8). I've ordered scales, once I get them I'll let you know how much it weighs.

In GEAR » World's lightest tee shirt: Rohan Ultra Silver Tee
August 20, 10:01pm

Shoes
Just do it. Shoes won't be a problem. Just make sure you do them up tight so you don't lose them in a bog. Wearing light shoes and carrying a light pack you'll contribute less to the...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Boots vs Shoes - South Coast Track (SCT) Tasmania
August 12, 2:00am

Versalite update
Hi All wondering how the recall went...did they fix the problem with delaminating? I'm now living in Tottori, Japan, and there is a Montbell store at Daisen, which I hope to visit in the ...

In GEAR » Montbell 2012 Versalite Jacket
July 26, 12:38am

Simplicity
Nice article Ryan. I'm starting to freak out myself when things get too complicated for a bushwalking trip. Simplicity is awesome. Despite all the experience and trips I do, I hate the feeli...

In Editor's Roundtable » The SUL Mindset, Part 2: Less vs. Lighter
June 04, 11:18pm

Alcohol...tealight or Ion stove
I'm interested in going something like this. I'd like the option of alcohol though. Anyone tried a small alcohol stove yet? Maybe something like a simple tea light stove or a Sgt Rocks Ion ...

In GEAR » Mini Caldera Cone awesomenessness
June 02, 7:52pm

All Reader Reviews by Adam Kilpatrick

Adam Kilpatrick has posted no reviews.