David Olsen (oware) - BPL Guest

My Locale Steptoe Butte
About Me Manufacturer Tarps, Tents, Bivys, Packs and Bags
since 1985.

Blog http://cattarp.wordpress.com/

email do@owareusa.com
StateWA
My Website URLhttp://shop.bivysack.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Olsen

Showing 151 - 160 of 1772 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...178

Forum » Thread

worm
If there is a worm in your tequila, you can be assured it is over 100 proof, as lesser concentrations allow the worm to disintegrate. For the ultra=lighters out there.

In Chaff » What to do when encountering drunks on the trail
July 09, 1:24pm

Pepper Spray lacking when wolf attacking
"This same scenario would happen to me 4 separate times, with my desperation growing with each car that passed me by. Every time the wolf would begin to close on me again, I would shoot a quic...

In GEAR » Pepper Spray lacking when wolf attacking
July 09, 11:46am

Hammers on trails
"But please don't compare a gun to a hammer." --- "According to the FBI annual crime statistics, the number of murders committed annually with hammers and clubs far outnu...

In Chaff » what to do when encountering guns on the trail
July 09, 11:41am

""She was right there — arm's distance — I hit her with some bear spray," Braconnier recalled. Undeterred, the bear turned on Farkas, who was fumbling with a shotgun."
so bear spray, undeterred shotgun, fumbled people on ground, bear left

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » bear spray AND gun used in bear encounter
July 08, 11:46am

what to doo
"My dog is actually very good at using ground cover, pine needles, soft grass, etc to wipe his bottom. He needs no toilet paper at all." That is all well and good until the dog decides...

In Chaff » what to do when encountering guns on the trail
July 02, 5:57pm

Re: When is a bivy sack necessary?
I don't always bring a bivy, even tho I make them. Like they said, site selection is a big part of tarp camping. Where a bivy is necessary with a floorless shelter. Ledges, cliff bases etc ...

In GEAR » When is a bivy sack necessary?
June 14, 9:42am

Just not Killed
Many folks hang their hat on the facts that few people are killed by bears. However, being mauled may not appeal to some. One summer in the Sierra, I knew of two bear attacks not reported. People w...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Bear Encounter
June 05, 1:16pm

Inexpensive tarp and bivy
A couple of new products I make. Tarp AND bivy for $87. http://shop.bivysack.com/product.sc?productId=41 $29 for mini tarp In stock http://blog.owareusa.com/2013/04/12/new-inexpensive-bivy/...

In GEAR » Noobie Bivy Questions
May 09, 9:01am

seams
I have a 35 year old lowe pack that has seen 70+ lb loads and slot canyon granite, still going strong that wasn't double stitched, sealed, bound etc. After 20 years I had to take a lighter to t...

In Make Your Own Gear » Finishing/reinforcing seams on a pack
May 07, 11:05am

Re: One way to do it, (until someone dies)
"Strongest swimmer swims over with PFD (some people make them out of Platy bottles) and rope in tow. Ties to tree. Other side uses a trucker style hitch and secures to another tree (a few ways...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Stream crossing horror stories
April 17, 12:10pm

All Reader Reviews by David Olsen

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Botach Tactical Customer Service
Ordered several emergency bivys for Christmas presents. They sent the wrong item-an inferior space blanket bag. They did send a UPS call tag, but then called to say the item was discontinued. We wi...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 07, 2:54pm

Basegear.com
They sent a match safe that was too short to hold matches. I had to pay $2 in shipping to get a $4 refund.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 07, 2:48pm

Liberty Aluminum Match Safe
The match safe, purchased from Basegear, is too short for the matches (Diamond strike anywhere kitchen matches). When the lid is screwed on, the tips scrap against the bottom and top of the safe ...

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
January 04, 2:42pm