Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

obx hiker (obxcola) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Outer Banks of North Carolina
About Me 60: Wide but relatively shallow experience. That's my older daughter and "baby" brother in the photo
at Gragg Prong , Wilson Creek.
CityNags Head
StateNorth Carolina
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.obxcola.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by obx hiker

Showing 151 - 160 of 417 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...42

Forum » Thread

Light water filtration/treatment options 3rd option
For the sake of discussion. I have an "amigo-pro" type home-made system using the widely available katadyn hiker pro filter (AntiClog Technology with 0.3 micron glassfiber (no cleaning...

In GEAR » Light water filtration/treatment options ?
March 31, 7:39pm

Caldera cone metal
Nice! Any more photos? I can't figure out the connection from the description. I decided to google for very small sheet metal brake and came up with this: http://www.amazon.com/Sheet-Meta...

In Make Your Own Gear » Caldera cone metal
March 31, 6:20pm

Cuben - The 422 mm hydrostatic head dirty little secret
WoW! What an evening's entertainment. Big diff between 3515 ( maybe higher? who knows? since that's where the machine stops right ?) and 422

In GEAR » Cuben - The 422 mm hydrostatic head dirty little secret
March 31, 6:05pm

Light water filtration/treatment options
Caffin on iodine "It works, mostly, given time" .. MOSTLY?? I'll bet there's a good story there! I made a gravity filter a la Bill Fornshell with a trimmed up Hiker Pro fi...

In GEAR » Light water filtration/treatment options ?
March 30, 6:09pm

lightest gps with longest battery life
Is there a lighter alternative with better battery life than the Garmin Forerunner 301? Here's a link to an article from BPL. Of course I wouldn't be surprised and indeed hope I'm just...

In GEAR » lightest gps with longest battery life
March 30, 5:20pm

Mylar VBL failed
I've had mylar emergency blankets to shred as well. Seems to be a property of the "space" blankets that a tear turns into a complete stem to stern rip. OTOH The AMK bivy bag is tou...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Mylar VBL failed
March 28, 2:20pm

DIY water bladder, were to get caps
Maybe: US Plastics http://www.usplastic.com/

In Make Your Own Gear » DIY water bladder, were to get caps?
March 26, 11:23am

Caldera cone metal
Bob, Any tips on doing a good small "brake" ? for precise folds and bending?

In Make Your Own Gear » Caldera cone metal
March 25, 8:05pm

How light is light enough
Well I'm not getting grey or white...oh no I look in the mirror and it's just a little blonder every day ;) Think I'd drop the stove and warm food too if I could just figure out how ...

In Philosophy & Technique » How light is light enough?
March 25, 8:02pm

Sierra Mid September
Good point Buck. 3 degrees for fairly dry air..... 5 degrees for saturated. $ a lot of times for our wetter eastern atmosphere around 4; but from my limited experience 3 is probably a good number f...

In GEAR » Sierra Mid September
March 25, 7:41pm

All Reader Reviews by obx hiker

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Blow-Up Pillow
Used the dual chamber for @ 5 years. Don't want to get it too full but that's easy to adjust. Can be a little tricky to get fully de-flated for packing. Persistence! Cover it with your tee-shi...

In Miscellaneous Products
September 30, 8:19pm

Montbell Thermawrap jacket
William Siemens has it right about wind-resistance being a key. This jacket is wonderfully wind resistant. The Northern Outer Banks of NC can be an incredibly cold place due to the combination of wind...

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
February 25, 4:32pm