BPL Community Profile

Nia Schmald (nschmald) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Nia Schmald hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Nia Schmald has not added a biography yet.
CitySunnyvale
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nia Schmald

Showing 151 - 160 of 590 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...59

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Brainstorm a DAM/Exped Pump
Bill, do you mean something like this; How does it attach to the DAM?

In Make Your Own Gear » Brainstorm a DAM/Exped Pump
January 17, 9:44pm

Re: Thinner Titanium
The sheet of aluminum foil made it through the cleaning cycle with no problem. That's a lot thinner than any pot. Standard disclaimer: I accept no responsibility when your pot melts and d...

In GEAR » How to clean wood stove soot off your pot
January 16, 4:19pm

Pump
What about using a bicycle pump. This one, the zefyl x-light carbon, is 50 g. You could make an attachment to the valve or perhaps just mount the bike tube valve directly into the mat?

In Make Your Own Gear » 11.4 oz 78x20x2.5" Sleeping pad :)
January 16, 2:27pm

How to clean wood stove soot off your pot
The answer: self-cleaning oven. I don't now if this has already been covered here but I didn't find it in my search. I had a snow peak titanium bowl which I've been using over a w...

In GEAR » How to clean wood stove soot off your pot
January 16, 10:14am

Re: Do ridgeline add strength in small solo tarp? (A-frame style)
Certainly I'm not an expert, and the engineers can chime in. But I think the best you can do for a seam is the strength of the fabric itself, so no seam at the ridge line should be just as str...

In Make Your Own Gear » Do ridgeline add strength in small solo tarp? (A-frame style)
January 16, 9:58am

Re: Early results of Tensile tests of glued cuben
Thanks Derek. This is good info. When you're done I'd love to see this written up in an article so it is possible to find. Edit: I just remembered we have the BPL wiki. How much effo...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cuben Stuffsack - Bonded
January 16, 9:41am

Re: Quilt+puff for PCT
Depending on size you'd be fine with either the edge or ghost. But if I was pointing down that kind of cash now, I would like at the cuben fiber epiphany quilt at http://enlightenedequipment.c...

In GEAR » Quilt+puff for PCT
January 15, 2:15pm

Re: Re: Cuben Tent Question?
Thanks again Bill, but it looks like the "Black Helicopters" have come down and removed your link on the cuben down air mat.

In GEAR » Cuben Tent Question?
January 15, 10:36am

Re: Re: Re: Cuben tents
Thanks Bill. All I know about the bombshelter is from the link that Franco and Miguel posted above. Seems like it could be boiled down to a doumid + inner tent made out of 20d ripstop + carbo...

In GEAR » Cuben Tent Question?
January 15, 2:22am

PowerDry Split Buy
I want to buy some polartec powerdry fabric but the quantities are more than I need. Any one want to split it with me? The fabric I want to buy is 1)Power Dry Thermal Stitch X-static: This ...

In Gear Deals » PowerDry Split Buy
January 14, 9:35pm

All Reader Reviews by Nia Schmald

Nia Schmald has posted no reviews.