Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 151 - 160 of 5800 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...580

Forum » Thread

Re: Solo across the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Brooks Range, Alaska
It is quality content like this that makes a paid membership to BPL a worthy investment. A great adventure, wonderful pictures, and well written. Thanks for submitting this.

In Editor's Roundtable » Solo across the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Brooks Range, Alaska
April 22, 9:07pm

Re: Actual fire hazard of wood burning stoves
The officials are only trying to overcome the lowest common denominator of stove users. I have seen many articles and pictures in threads here on BPL, where the "experts" are demonstr...

In GEAR » Actual fire hazard of wood burning stoves
April 20, 10:21pm

Re: #1 complaint about packing
No complaints here. We are fortunate to be able to backpacking.

In Philosophy & Technique » #1 complaint about packing
April 20, 10:07pm

Re: Re: Re: Bad form!
"There is no legal or implied "investment" relationship between supplier and distributor." Yep. Almost always there is a contract between the parties. GoLite broke their cont...

In GEAR » Golite Ressurection. Jinkies, Shaggy.
April 14, 1:50pm

Re: Cowboy camping and the bivy
No.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Cowboy camping and the bivy
April 13, 9:03pm

Re: GoLite news
Bummer. Is the Tea House still in operation? Been a while since I visited Boulder, I need to plan a trip.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » GoLite news
April 10, 10:13am

Re: Frosty Breath, how to prevent a soggy sleeping bag?
I use a zPacks down hood these days. Edit: That's not me in the picture :) I think it is Mrs. Velasco.

In Winter Hiking » Frosty Breath, how to prevent a soggy sleeping bag?
April 10, 10:08am

Re: Seam seal mix
The last seam sealing job I did was a couple years ago on my Trailstar and it has held up fabulously. Below is an excerpt from the post on my blog. Most silicone-based seam sealers are thick...

In Make Your Own Gear » Seam seal mix
April 09, 11:18pm

Re: GoLite news
They probably won't be selling anything you need. But your local Army-Navy Surplus store going out of business would be bad for you ;) BTW, you know I am complimenting you.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » GoLite news
April 09, 11:03pm

Re: PCT sections a and b mid may
Probably your biggest challenge will be wind (at times). I mostly 'cowboy' camp, so you will be fine. Yes weather in the San Jacintos and other mountains along the way can be fickle. ...

In Gear Lists » PCT sections a and b mid may
April 09, 10:57pm

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am