BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 151 - 160 of 5445 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...545

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Hikin Jim's "Dry Out West" Stove Article at GG
Every Federal agency I know of that operates a unit in California (including the BLM) has this requirement posted on their website. I have gotten a permit every year sine 1971. In the old days I wo...

In GEAR » Hikin Jim's "Dry Out West" Stove Article at GG
May 13, 10:56pm

Re: Has UL backpacking changed the way you live?
Yes. I just replaced my heavy laptop with a MacBook Pro. Chose it over a MacBook Air because it has more processing power and a bigger internal drive.

In Philosophy & Technique » Has UL backpacking changed the way you live?
May 13, 10:47pm

Re: The never ending search for alternative rain gear
Give up. There is no perfect rain gear. Get a poncho.

In GEAR » The never ending search for alternative rain gear
May 13, 10:43pm

Re: Hikin Jim's "Dry Out West" Stove Article at GG
One of my pet peeves. So many Internet experts who are safe. I see so many articles and blog posts of so called experts demonstrating/reviewing stoves with pictures of stoves sitting on duft, grass...

In GEAR » Hikin Jim's "Dry Out West" Stove Article at GG
May 13, 10:40pm

Re: Safety of sleeping on the ground with no critter protection
I've been sleeping on the ground without a shelter for close to 50 years. Nothing bad has happened yet.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Safety of sleeping on the ground with no critter protection
May 13, 10:21pm

Re: PayPal Option?
Millions of people find PayPal a very convenient method to pay for goods and services. When I purchase, if there is a PayPal option, I always pick PayPal. It is more convenient and timely for me. E...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » PayPal Option?
May 13, 10:12pm

Re: Conscious gear buyer
I buy the best gear possible that fits my budget. Whoever made it will gain some benefit. And for the most part I am conscious when I buy gear. I don't think I can buy gear when unconscious ;)

In GEAR » Conscious gear buyer
May 13, 9:59pm

Re: Rei: Rei: Rei: Rei:
This is more entertaining than the Sunday comics.

In On the Web » REI HAS THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE ON THE PLANET!
May 13, 9:33pm

Re: Leather Boot re-waterproofing
Oh Oh. All these make your boots heavier.

In GEAR » Leather Boot re-waterproofing
May 13, 9:28pm

Re: Re: woohoo
I'm gone for a month and see Ken was finally able to fix this. Good job. Now can we sent Gear Swap to the back hole Chaff resides in? I would be most appreciative.

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Woo Hoo!
May 13, 9:01pm

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am