BPL Community Profile

Edward Jursek (nedjursek@gmail.com) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Edward Jursek has not added a biography yet.
CitySeattle
StateWA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Edward Jursek

Showing 151 - 160 of 452 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...46

Forum » Thread

cuben quilt
I finally have my unicorn pelt! I returned from vacation to find the cuben quilt waiting for me. Weight and condition are as advertised. Fit is great. Zpacks construction looks great. I hope to fei...

In Gear Swap » FS: one-of-a-kind cuben quilt
January 05, 11:03am

bug protection
You might try Oook Works over in the UK. I have a Duomid and a Gatewood Cape and will be using the S2S net mentioned above in both shelters. Looks like good coverage, room to sit up or change, and ...

In GEAR » HMG UltaMid 2 and bug protection?
January 03, 7:40pm

Consensus
I have rejected the UL, SUL and XUL classifications entirely and I am now just seeking to get "lighter" in ways that are both comfortable and safe. I have a "light" kit built ar...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » I say let's decide on a general consensus of Ultralight definitions and terms.
January 02, 10:13am

Skyscape X Cross Bar Sleeve
I don't know which annoys me more - that you own a cool Skyscape X and I don't, or that you came up with a clever, cheap and weightless solution to an equipment problem that would have neve...

In GEAR » Skyskape X cross bar sleeve
January 01, 9:28pm

Earth Runner
Thanks Dale, Bob was really harshing my mellow. I am waiting for a hemp pair of sandals to come out here in Washington. Maybe some more hemp cloths, hemp shelters and some really great infused back...

In GEAR » Earth Runner Sandals vs Exodus Sandals
January 01, 6:02pm

shipping to Alaska and Hawaii
Excellent information. I blindly assumed shipping to AK, HI and PR would be more expensive. I ship with USPS and I will include this expanded area in my "CONUS" price the next time I am s...

In Gear Swap » Consider shipping to Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico
January 01, 3:57pm

mailing meat
Why doth thou not packith thy meats in oaken barrels filled with salty brine? I love this thread! As a former meat cutter, I just don't mess with packing/shipping meat unless is it logistically...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Mailing meat to a resupply point ...
January 01, 8:51am

2013 Reader Picks
Moving up from a Zpacks Hexamid Solo to a Hexamid Twin. I love all of the extra space with only a 3oz weight penalty. Sometimes, in the push to go lighter, more is better. Makes me seriously questi...

In GEAR » 2013 Reader Picks
December 31, 2:58pm

Earth Runner vs. Exodus
I would also throw Unshoe and Luna into the brand mix. As a Seattle resident who lives a mile from their shop, I remain loyal to Luna, and hope to do a lot of backpacking next year wearing their ne...

In GEAR » Earth Runner Sandals vs Exodus Sandals
December 30, 10:34am

tailor
I buy a lot of clothing from Goodwill and have scored several pairs of Patagonia hiking pants that were too long. I paid so little for the pants that it made sense to pay a little bit to have the l...

In GEAR » Do you get a tailor involved?
December 28, 8:38am

All Reader Reviews by Edward Jursek

Edward Jursek has posted no reviews.