Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Matthew Zion (mzion) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Boulder, CO
About Me Eagle Scout. Navy Veteran.

AT '10; CT yo-yo '11; PCT '12
My PDF Gear ListPCT '12

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Matthew Zion

Showing 151 - 160 of 247 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Forum » Thread

Wood-Burning cook system suggestions?
I just got back from a week long hike where I was experimenting with a cold diet that I have used a lot this fall/winter that worked fine on weekend trips. However, after day 3 I was craving a hot...

In GEAR » Wood-Burning cook system suggestions?
March 28, 9:15am

Re: CT
I'll see you out there! Your list is very similar to mine but I'll be going wind shirt vs rain jacket, ExLight vs vest, and no Cap3 Layers. I could end up a little cold but I don't fe...

In Gear Lists » Colorado Trail Clothing
March 28, 9:03am

Re: Murmur vs Rayway
I've used both. The Murmur ends up being a lot bigger than it sounds since you can stuff your pad into the pocket on the outside of the back panel. If your kit is minimal enough to be conside...

In GEAR » Murmur Hyperlight, how good is it?
March 16, 8:48pm

Re: Tarp
If you go with a mid style tarp/shelter you can probably skip the bivy all together and just use a ground cloth instead. That would remove some of the cash burden of getting both as well as giving...

In GEAR » Tarp and Bivy Selections...
March 11, 11:02am

Re: Trail Runners
GTX is code for 'cost extra.' You will be happy with the switch as soon as your ankles strengthen up.

In GEAR » Getting rid of boots for trail runners????
March 11, 9:59am

Re: Rain Gear
Umbrella + DWR wind shirt is the best way to go IMHO.

In GEAR » Rain gear
March 11, 9:58am

Re:
I have but for the Murmur and not the Gorilla. You don't have to trim the width but I did so it would fit easier as well as to shave some grams. I cut 2 panels off a short which left 6 total ...

In GEAR » Z-Rest in a Gorilla
March 08, 7:44pm

Re:
Yes, I will typically sleep with my food. This varies from place to place with the local rules and/or bear situation. Ive noticed that the mice don't really have much interest in my refried b...

In Gear Lists » Gear List for Late March Roan Mtn Area Hike
March 04, 2:27pm

Re:
I have yet to use the nightlight by itself. The last time i used it in conjunction w/ a 1/8" pad from GG and my zrest--we were sleeping on snow pack in quinzhees. I'd have to say the zre...

In GEAR » GG Murmur
March 03, 10:49pm

Re:
I like that the bivy encourages cowboy camping. Definitely think this will come down to your personal preference. I have both of these set ups and I like bivy+small tarp combo. I feel like I jus...

In GEAR » perimeter netting vs bug bivy
March 03, 8:35pm

All Reader Reviews by Matthew Zion

Matthew Zion has posted no reviews.