Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Mark Ries (mtmnmark) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale IOWAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
About Me Im to old to fat and out of shape but I sure like hiking and fishing in the wind river range Im transitioning closer to ultra light but still lightweight at best but 35lbs from skin out is alot better than the old 60
CityDavenport
StateIowa
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mark Ries

Showing 151 - 160 of 818 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...82

Forum » Thread

Re: Backcountry Quilt design criteria
NM

In GEAR » New Down Quilt from Sierra Designs with built in hood and hand pockets
September 26, 7:39am

Im calling BS on Max
Max 1 there are open cell pads. 2 an air pad is only warmer if its R factor is higher some are not. 3 synthetic insulated bags do loose warmth when wet. Note that the last you edited this was at 13...

In Gear Swap » WTB Lightweight used down sleeping bag with an en rating 0-15 women's or unisex
September 23, 2:05pm

Re: mbulss1
I love a happy ending

In Gear Swap » FS: Montbell UL Super Spiral #1 Long LZ
September 19, 8:13pm

Re: SUL Camp Hatchet
I would not bring one and I do build fires. As stated dried wood of the right size is easy to break. Even in high use areas fire wood is pretty easy to find just walk a little farther.

In GEAR » SUL Camp Hatchet
September 18, 7:09am

Re: Re: Sorry, buddy
It's a very fair price and if I could afford it I would buy it. I can't believe your price is this low and no one has bought it. Hope it sells for you soon. I started to itch at $255

September 16, 9:05pm

Re: Tent site clearing/cleaning technique?
Lay down in the spot before you set up the tent. You really don't want to clear the spot cause you want it to look the same when you leave. Pick out rocks sticks etc or find another spot

In Philosophy & Technique » Tent site clearing/cleaning technique?
September 16, 9:27am

Re: Re: The most "non lightweight" thing you've seen on the trail
A horse train

In GEAR » The most "non lightweight" thing you've seen on the trail
September 13, 7:32am

please
Some one buy this please I will be sad but relieved and I don't think I can resist another price drop

September 12, 6:34pm

Re: Nomad design tents
Thanks Samuel I just wanted to know if there was something out there I was missing as I kinda like this style of tent I own a LH solo I use now and then. And thank you Franco and I do kinda underst...

In GEAR » Help me get over fear of trekking pole tents
September 12, 9:59am

Re: leatherman weight
Thank you that looks a bit stronger than the classic and a bit longer on the handle length. I will have to check one out.

In GEAR » how big of a knife do we really need (or how small of knife can we get by with)?
September 11, 5:04pm

All Reader Reviews by Mark Ries

Mark Ries has posted no reviews.