Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Michael Duke (mpd1690) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Michael Duke hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Michael Duke has not added a biography yet.
CityKnoxville
StateTN
My Website URLhttp://www.flickr.com/photos/67046387@N04/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael Duke

Showing 151 - 160 of 462 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...47

Forum » Thread

Re: Packs
Thank you I look around for a while, and I may have found some that would work from a china based dealer, but the knocked out triglides and ladder locks work well and are easily available. If yo...

In Make Your Own Gear » Three Packs and a Tenkara Eribra
June 04, 8:13pm

Re: waterproof backpack fabric
It depends on your pack design. I would be skeptical of bonding if you have webbing in the seams. If it's only cuben and nothing sandwiched in the seam, it could work. I always sew though and d...

In Make Your Own Gear » waterproof backpack fabric
June 03, 2:37pm

Re: x-pac
I have used vx-21, tx-07, vx07, and DX40, and I have handled the rest that DP carried last year. TX07 is a really nice fabric. It is a 70 denier face fabric with polyester reinforcement and a PET b...

In Make Your Own Gear » waterproof backpack fabric
June 03, 10:20am

Re: 3 packs
Thank you I have curved stays on other packs that I use, but I made the two framed ones for other people. I left them straight and just told them how to bend them so that they could get a custo...

June 03, 10:15am

Re: Blue pack compression straps
Thank you Terry, I don't have that pack at my apartment, but you are correct. I couldn't find any hardware that would work for a removable strap, so I used flat head screw driver and ham...

June 02, 11:06am

Re: Slick
Thank you, The green frame pad was just placed in there for the guy I made it for as a temporary solution. I think that I am going to replace it with evazote for a little extra padding/sleeping ...

June 02, 11:04am

Three Packs and a Tenkara Ebira
Over the past few months I have built a few new packs. Here are a few pictures. I will link to the flickr file as well for more pictures. 23 ounce Framed Pack Cuben Framed Pack 9 ...

June 02, 9:58am

Re: Lawson's Glowire?
You could dye the cord black if the outside is nylon with basic RIT dye. I don't know what that would do to the tracers though. I don't know if it is dyneema with a dacron shell, which woul...

In Make Your Own Gear » Where Can I Find 2mm Black Reflective Cord?
May 16, 9:48am

Re: Right/wrong side to cuben?
Both sides are the same. Good luck on your project.

In Make Your Own Gear » Right/wrong side to cuben?
May 06, 11:02am

Re: Looking for LW bungee cords with hooks to quickly put up poncho tarp
I don't exactly know how you are arranging it, but I think the shock cord hooks, or the mitten clips, combined with shock cord, would create a lightweight version of what you are looking for. ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Looking for LW bungee cords with hooks to quickly put up poncho tarp
May 04, 1:21pm

All Reader Reviews by Michael Duke

Michael Duke has posted no reviews.