BPL Community Profile

Michael Meiser (mmeiser) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Michigan
About Me mostly into ultralight bike touring. Backpackinglight is my inspiration though.

my oft updated photo stream: http://flickr.com/photos/mmeiser2
my sometimes updated blog: http://blog.mmeiser.com/

my pet project as of late: http://www.flickr.com/groups/ultralightbiking/
StateMichigan
My Website URLhttp://www.flickr.com/groups/ultralightbiking/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael Meiser

Showing 151 - 160 of 176 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Forum » Thread

re: cord saws
A cord saw was my first instinct, but I like others have not found one that works satisfactorily. I may be tempted to keep experimenting though if there's some consensus on the group about a...

In GEAR » ultralight wood cutting / chopping / splitting solutions?
November 25, 1:42pm

Re: Wood
Karl, have you ever tried improvising a bow saw with that hand chain saw?

November 25, 1:34pm

Re: Wire saw
Gordon, was that actually your video you made? I actually looked at that. I didn't find the performance of my cord saw useful, even with a bow. But i may try a hand chain saw using the exact ...

November 25, 1:30pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: results of my ongoing experiments with this design
I concur on the fan power. I don't know how many watts it is but I'm using a 12 volt microprocessor fan. It's as small as they come. Furthermore I'm running it at either 6 or 9v...

In Make Your Own Gear » DIY BB aka Gasified Wood Stove
November 25, 1:23pm

ultralight wood cutting / chopping / splitting solutions?
I originally wrote this for a bicycle touring mailing list, but thought it very appropriate to post here as well. So, Can't believe how long the thread has gotten. Can't believe ho...

November 25, 4:17am

socks as shoes or sandles!?
I like the idea of knee or elbow warmers. It's not only practical but downright smart when it's freezing out. A good pair of my favorite worn out smart wool socks pulled up around my knees...

In Make Your Own Gear » Reuse/Recycle Old Wool/Fleece Socks?
November 25, 3:36am

Fosters can tips
Have since discovered the perfect way to brace the fosters can to give it added strength. I cut the bottom 4mm off a tuna can (and the top of course) and pressed it over the top of the fosters c...

In Make Your Own Gear » Nalgene + Fosters can, the perfect ultralight combination?
November 24, 1:30pm

forced air wood gas?
Randy, I'd been making a wood gas stove, had made several protypes over the past few weeks simplifying and simplifying and just when I thought I'd found the perfect design I discovered ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Nalgene + Fosters can, the perfect ultralight combination?
November 24, 1:14pm

Re: Using pot cozy while cooking
Is it safe to use this on the stove while cooking?

November 24, 12:58pm

what besides the Nalgene can handle boiling water?
The thing that drew me to the nalgene is I can poor boiling hot water into it without it melting or burning my hands when picking it up. For me this is worth the extra weight. The only other thi...

November 21, 11:26pm

All Reader Reviews by Michael Meiser

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

MSR Dragonfly Multi-fuel
I've had a Dragonfly for going on three years now. It's shortcomings are its weight and it's largish pack size. Most of the time I do use a .25oz supercat or pressurized side jet alc...

In Stoves - White Gas
February 28, 4:04pm

Light My Fire Spork
I love hate this thing. This is to say I loved to use it right up to the point where it snapped in two. I love the design with the spoon at one end and the fork at the other. I find other sporks de...

In Cookware - Other
June 26, 9:49am