Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Mitchell Keil (mitchellkeil) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Deep in the OC
About Me Mitchell Keil has not added a biography yet.
CityHuntington Beach
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.integrityfa.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mitchell Keil

Showing 151 - 160 of 278 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...28

Forum » Thread

Re: UL Trail knife
I know this has been posted before but these folks make some great and inexpensive knives. http://www.ragweedforge.com/SwedishKnifeCatalog.html I currently carry an Opinel folder that is made...

In GEAR » UL Trail knife
March 28, 12:03pm

Re: Re: Re: Looking for a LW Fleece Vest
Eric; I have been reading numerous posts that refer to this "smartwool shadow hoody". I have been trying to find it listed as a saleable product and have even checked the Smartwool site....

In GEAR » Looking for a LW Fleece Vest
March 27, 12:40pm

Re: MORE HAT REVIEWS-INFO
I have to concur in Doug's comments on the Sunday Afternoon hats. I own two and am fair skinned. My Dermotologist has fits that I backpack for up to a week at a time in the Sierra's. But sh...

In GEAR » MORE HAT REVIEWS-INFO
March 26, 3:31pm

Re: Re: Why Backpacking?
Good Point Ben. I just got finished listening to an NPR report that interviewed someone who lives practically in a National Forest. He loves the peace and quiet that living where he does affords h...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Why Backpacking?
March 14, 12:49pm

Re: Looking for a LW Fleece Vest
Why look to fleece when you could buy a Montbell Thermwrap vest and be warmer and lighter. Not to mention how much smaller it packs up. And yes it is more expsensive but it is not much more than pr...

In GEAR » Looking for a LW Fleece Vest
March 13, 5:08pm

Re: Why Backpacking?
To those who don't we are loons, Bug house escapees or certifiable and not to be trusted around the silver and family heirlooms. To those who do we are kindred spirits in search of something...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Why Backpacking?
March 13, 4:49pm

Further reply to Kristen Hostetter on Big Sky award
Kristen: Thank you for continuing to read this thread and also for indicating that my personal letter to you will be published by BPM in the June issue. I look forward to reading your response. T...

In GEAR » Bacpacker Magazine award to Big Sky
March 12, 6:05pm

Re: Re: Re: First Aid Kits ???
PJ: The "pad" is not sterile but is highly absorbant, more so that any telfa pad or surgical sponge made of gauze. Its the absorbency I am interested in and it is at least clean while st...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » First Aid Kits ???
March 07, 1:31pm

Re: BPM's Hostetter Reply on BP and Big Sky
Dear Kristen: Thanks for responding in this forum to both my concerns and the concerns expressed by the many knowledgeable posters on this thread. You state the following: "Our gear test...

March 07, 1:03pm

Re: Re: BP and Big Sky
Scott: When was the last time you went into an Backpacking Store and walked around listening to the customers and the questions they ask the sales people? I think you overestimate the knowledge l...

March 06, 5:14pm

All Reader Reviews by Mitchell Keil

Showing 1 - 10 of 20 | Page: 1 2

Review

Category

Terra Nova Laser Photon
Please remove this "Non-Review" ADDED 9/27/2007 No problem. We all make mistakes. Thanks you

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
September 26, 11:41am

Probar Energy Bar
I was about to write my own review of these wonderbars, when Shawn beat me to it. I have been enjoying these 350 calorie bars for about 3 months and have been using them as my lunch on the trail. The...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
September 19, 11:51am

Drop Stoppers Microporous Polypropylene Rainsuit
Adding my two cents. Bottom Line on this inexpensive "Rain" suit: I got soaked clear through under my shoulder straps on a windy blow trying to get over New Army Pass two summers ago. ...

In Clothing - Raingear
September 09, 11:24am

Granite Gear Latitude Vapor
Reviewer Stats: Age = 58 Weight = 175 lbs Height = 6'3" Build = Athletic Waist = 34" Backpacking Experience = 30+ years Pack: Latitude Vapor Weight = 42oz size large Waist bel...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 03, 1:25pm

Solomon XA Comp 3D
Personal Statistics: Age: 58 Weight: 175 pounds Height: 6'3" Backpacking experience: 30 plus years Product statistics: weight: 25 ounces. Size: 12. Insoles: S...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
July 05, 1:45pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Personal Specs: Age: 58 Height: 6'3" Weight: 175lbs Backpacking experience: 30+ years I ordered these 7.75oz per pole all carbon trekking poles on a Monday and they arrived from the UK...

In Trekking Poles
July 02, 10:24pm

Montbell U.L.AlpineBurrow Bag #3 Long
Personal stats: age: 58. Weight: 175 pounds Height: 6'3" backpacking experience: 30 years plus. Fitness level: athletic. This is a review of the Mont Bell, Alpine burrow bag number #3...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
June 29, 1:23pm

Exped Downmat 7
I have used the Downmat 7 Shorty for 2 years now. I live in Southern CA and use it both here and in the Sierras. My scale indicates that the pad itself weighs 21oz and the foam lined stuff sack/inflat...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 25, 4:58pm

Trail Designs Caldera Stove
Executive Summary: Of all the alcohol stoves ...

In Stoves - Alcohol
March 27, 3:23pm

Organic Food Bar Omega3 Flax
I posted this review baack on 2/22/2006 in a discussion about Big Sur Bars. I guess it more properly belongs here: OK, since we are considering highly dense nutritious and TASTY food bars, I thought ...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
March 27, 1:47pm