BPL Community Profile

mik matra (mikmik) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Allways on the move
About Me Took me 5 or 6 trips to go from 20+ kilo baseweight to 6.7kg...finally I feel comfortable out in the country :).
CityBrisvegas
StateQueensland
CountryAustralia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by mik matra

Showing 151 - 160 of 368 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...37

Forum » Thread

tiny container?
Are you asking about the gram cracker or the Esbit burner/pot stand?

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » 22 Gram Esbit Kit
August 10, 1:22am

Re: Re: Hooded down jackets
Well after all that I bought the Stoick Hooded Hadron off another BPL-er. I figured I can include it as one of my 'layers' see how that goes. I bought another jacket a week earlier off anot...

In GEAR » can you suggest a down jacket for my needs please
August 10, 1:02am

payment through
Hi Matt, Payment done. :)

In Gear Swap » FS: Stoic Hadron hooded down anorak (L)
August 09, 9:02am

Re: Hooded down jackets
We loose the most heat from our heads so if you can trap the 'heat' then that would make a big difference for sure :)

August 09, 6:36am

Not as light as the Hexamid but.....
I am 6'4" and sleep on a 7cm Exped mat and I bought the TarpTent Rainbow. Well long enough for me I have never touched the sides. Very roomy to sit up and organise myself in there. Excelle...

In GEAR » Ultralight shelter for a tall guy
August 09, 1:37am

Re: Shipping cost...
Cool. Can I pay you through PayPal? If that is okay can you PM me your account email and I'll transfer the mulah. I am on holiday from tomorrow morning here in Oz but will try and log on...

In Gear Swap » FS: Stoic Hadron hooded down anorak (L)
August 08, 6:56pm

Re: lightest possible
"Or if you don't want to drop the $ for the ghost, look on geartrade.com for a stoic hadron. They go for less than $100 and are just over 7 oz with a hood." I am in conversation wi...

August 07, 3:12am

Re: Depends...
"Do you always carry a windshell with you?" Yes, my non breathable hooded raincoat.

August 07, 12:51am

Re: Burner height
"Based on my research, 1.25" to 1.75" from the surface of the esbit to the bottom of the pot is best" Cool, mine is close to the 1.25" mark. I think I now will experimen...

August 07, 12:43am

esbit burn efficiency
I noticed with the modified gram cracker stove I built that you can't have a 'deep' tray as that slows the burn too much. I'm going to have a go at making another gram cracker stove...

August 06, 8:42pm

All Reader Reviews by mik matra

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA Circuit
1. After a few trips I have come to the conclusion that I plainly and simply just don't like the rolltop closure. When the bag is very full it won't even close up properly as there is not enou...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 19, 6:47am