BPL Community Profile

mik matra (mikmik) - BPL Guest

My Locale Allways on the move
About Me Took me 5 or 6 trips to go from 20+ kilo baseweight to 6.7kg...finally I feel comfortable out in the country :).
CityBrisvegas
StateQueensland
CountryAustralia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by mik matra

Showing 151 - 160 of 266 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Try an alky
Bradford, What does your Caldera Cone set up weigh? I mean the cone your pot....every that you need to make water boil? Oh and what size is the pot used for these Cones? Many thanks. Mik.

In GEAR » Having hard time justifying the weight of a jetboil
December 24, 5:57pm

Re: Re: Having hard time justifying the weight of a jetboil
the .8L aluminium one. I took out all the bits I do not need and am at bare minimum weight of 329g (11.6 ounces).

December 23, 11:32pm

Having hard time justifying the weight of a jetboil
I have a Jetboil and know that it is far from a UL cooking item but I use it for a mug and bowl as well. See my food prep is very simple, I take foods that just needs boiled water added and 'vi...

December 23, 10:12pm

Wanted - ULA Ohm/ Ohm 2
Need a Large torso and Middle belt. Please PM or email me at matramikAToptusnetDOTcomDOTau Thank you. Mik

In Gear Swap » Wanted - ULA Ohm/ Ohm 2
December 23, 6:44pm

Re: Re: can anyone beat my toothbrush and paste weight?
John, your toothbrush is almost identical to the one I 'started with' before I got to it with a hack saw and other tools. I like the pallet toothpaste idea!!

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » can anyone beat my toothbrush and paste weight?
December 23, 3:20pm

found superlight wep wipes, can you beat this?
I have been using baby wet wipes for hygene control on multi day through hikes. They are around the 5grams per sheet weight range. They have been good but I finally found a lighter option.... th...

In GEAR » found superlight wep wipes, can you beat this?
December 16, 2:47am

mat slippage question
Hi everybody, I used advice I have found before but problem still exists. I have a tarptent rainbow and am using the synmat ul 7 pad. When I seam sealed the tent I also applied 3 small strips on...

In GEAR » mat slippage question
December 01, 10:00pm

hooded rain jacket
Sent Pm

In Gear Swap » FS: ZPacks Cuben Tarps-hex Hammock Tarp & rectangle 8x10, Cuben rain Jacket
November 24, 11:36pm

Quilt or not to quilt
I just bought my WM Megalite from a member here and man I LOVE the bag. Looked into the quilt thing but just couldn't take that step.

In GEAR » "likely, the best backpacking sleeping bag in the world."
November 24, 5:26pm

used one for work
I used one on several days to see how many steps I take at work in the construction industry. I think the recomended steps for an adult is 7000 a day and I was averaging 10000 just at work. They...

In GEAR » Pedomoter - Use one? Like it?
November 24, 2:25am

All Reader Reviews by mik matra

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA Circuit
1. After a few trips I have come to the conclusion that I plainly and simply just don't like the rolltop closure. When the bag is very full it won't even close up properly as there is not enou...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 19, 6:47am