BPL Community Profile

Michael Cheifetz (mike_hefetz) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Israel
About Me Michael Cheifetz has not added a biography yet.
CityTA
CountryIsrael

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael Cheifetz

Showing 151 - 160 of 414 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...42

Forum » Thread

fixing silnyl in the field - repackaging silnet
I guess you have all thought of this as well....but much of our gear (unless you are 100% cuben) contains silnyl which you cannot fix with duct tape I was thinking about taking a small amount of...

In GEAR » fixing silnyl in the field - repackaging silnet
September 30, 5:46pm

food for thought
thanks guys some great setups there.. I like the lanyard on belt into pocket part (I guess you could put on your neck whenyou take off your pants at night if you are wearing sleeping/camp cloth...

In GEAR » How the he$$%#% do you manage your lanyard kit
September 30, 5:42pm

what kind of tarp - load may differ
I had similar thoughts and ended up buying a CF pole from (i think) MLD and AL from GG IMO it really depends what kind of tarp you are looking at - I was trying to fit it to a micro trap (one th...

In GEAR » Carbon Fiber or Aluminum Tarp Poles
September 30, 1:43pm

obviously you could put it in your pack...
yeah - i now carry stuff in my pack/top pocket...but there is some sense in having something ON YOU in case you somehow get separated from your pack (say searching for wood/ trying out some tricky ...

September 30, 1:20pm

How the he$$%#% do you manage your lanyard kit
So i'm working on my 1st aid and emergency kits and of course there is tons of options and data about what could one take. I have noticed many people talk about a lanyard kit - ostensibly a ki...

September 30, 12:54pm

bump
would love someone to use it:)

In Gear Swap » FS: MLD Silnyl Raincover size S/M
September 29, 12:10pm

Price drop
20$

September 21, 4:38am

dimensions
what are the dimensions as far as width and length? Mike

In Gear Swap » FS Nunatak Back Country Blanket
September 21, 4:36am

where is it from?
"This down is washed with a water resistant treatment which makes the down hydrophobic" sounds like a wash in treatment...i wonder if its just like nikwax downproof...? or is it the nano ...

In GEAR » Water resistant down now available at ZPacks
September 20, 11:11am

FS: MLD Silnyl Raincover size S/M
bought this rain cover for my smaller pack...but its a framed pack and thus a bit too tight. Used for 2 days (thats it!) completely as new. Asking 25 shipped CONUS Mike Product page: h...

September 19, 6:06am

All Reader Reviews by Michael Cheifetz

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

MLD XP Quilt 21 0z. Climashield
I have older 2009 XP model (as opposed to the Spirit) with 2.5 Osy Climashield. This would correspond to the 48F model he has. I have the wide model + eVent strip at head and footbox. Carftsmenship...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
December 20, 8:49am

MLD XP Quilt 21 0z. Climashield
I have older 2009 XP model (as opposed to the Spirit) with 2.5 Osy Climashield. This would correspond to the 48F model he has. I have the wide model + eVent strip at head and footbox. Carftsmenship...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
December 20, 8:06am

Ronald Turnbull The Book of the Bivvy. Cicerone: UK 2nd. ed. 2007
Jeremy above is right in many ways - it is indeed more of a quirky idiosyncratic book that mixes poetry, psychology and anecdotal facts about bivy and the scottish highlands. In that light it could sc...

In Books and Media
January 02, 5:50am