Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Michael Fogarty (mfog1) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Midwest
About Me Michael Fogarty has not added a biography yet.
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael Fogarty

Showing 151 - 160 of 786 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...79

Forum » Thread

External
If your main objective is to carry most of the weight on the hips, I'd consider an external framed pack.(adjustable torso) As for an internal framed pack, McHale packs are designed to carry ...

In GEAR » Pack weight transfer question
April 23, 11:07am

Nunatak Backcountry Blanket?
Anyone here use one, thoughts,comments? What's the width of this quilt when its fully closed off, is it roomy?

In GEAR » Nunatak Backcountry Blanket?
April 19, 4:20pm

Oh Dan
What the ?

In GEAR » To all Jam pack users....
April 14, 11:11pm

McHale's
Yep, I have 2 McHales a Chasm and a Merkebeiner. If you have also noticed with Dan's design,look at the bottom of the pack, the stays are positioned just outboard from the lumbar pad and 2 shor...

In GEAR » Pack stays
April 13, 10:48am

stays added
Yes, I feel it improved the function of hip-belt load lifters. In your case with the Virga, a cut-down 4 section Z-rest should do the trick, without adding any stays to the pack. If you want a ligh...

In GEAR » Pack stays
April 13, 10:25am

frameless
With all the frame-less packs that I've owned, I would always use a section from a foam pad. A Z-Rest pad cut down to 4 sections, or a Ridge-Rest pad cut to the same size as the back panel(sit-...

In GEAR » Pack stays
April 13, 9:49am

Wider
Don't forget that many of the Nunatak quilts are a solid 55" wide at the shoulders. Makes a big difference for the larger folks. Backcountry blanket is big too.

In GEAR » Which Quilt?
April 05, 8:01pm

Yes, when the Goretex fails maybe.
I only agree to a point about Goretex not keeping your feet dry. If the shoes or boots are made correctly the Goretex membrane will indeed keep your feet drier, until the membrane begins to wear an...

In GEAR » Why don't people wear Goretex boots in the Sierras?
April 02, 8:45pm

One size up?
I have the montbell thermawrap jacket and parka, both in a XL. I normally wear a large, but bought the montbell's in XL due to past comments that I read on these forums. Don't know if montb...

In GEAR » Montbell Sizing
March 26, 9:52pm

discontinued filter
I made the switch when ULA switched filters. Can you still get the original 2 micron filters? I always used the Amigo as a gravity system. Anyway Brain gave me the parts needed to change the old ba...

In GEAR » Return of the ULA Amigo
March 26, 5:03pm

All Reader Reviews by Michael Fogarty

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

McHale Chasm
I bought my McHale Chasm pack to be my one and only do-all pack, and I've not been disappointed in the least. First off, the workmanship is second to none. Next and most importantly is the fit. ...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
November 14, 11:39pm

ULA Ohm
As with all of ULA's gear, their workmanship is excellent. Load transfer is good, and I could remove .9L plattys, from the side pockets, without needing to remove the pack. I would have scored th...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 14, 8:29pm

Mountain Laurel Designs Zip
I just recently received my Zip pack, delivered as promised, within 8 weeks. First off the workmanship is probably the best I've seen, easily on par with ULA. The Green Sil-nylon is thicker th...

In Backpacks - Frameless
August 22, 5:32pm