Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Max Dilthey (mdilthey) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale MaxTheCyclist.com
About Me 24 year old backpacker, cyclist, and university outing club leader. As an environmental science major, I have been making the outdoors the priority of my existence since 2011.
StateMA
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://www.MaxTheCyclist.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Max Dilthey

Showing 151 - 160 of 2951 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...296

Forum » Thread

Sounds Dubious
Water repellant thread? What??

In GEAR » New Uniqlo Water Defender UL down Jacket with hydrophobic down.
December 12, 9:51am

Anorak is A-Ok
For those on the fence, I also use a 3L anorak (Mine's an EMS NeoShell) and I find it's not too much of a challenge getting these on and off quickly and painlessly. Venting is also just fin...

In Gear Swap » FS: Rab Demand
December 11, 6:49pm

Prolite
Do Want, PM Sending

In Gear Swap » SUL Gear Sale Zpacks, GG Murmur, Montbell, Prolite
December 11, 6:17pm

Bubble
I'm not sure about that bubble.... those often expand to basketballs pretty quickly. You might be able to get a warranty replacement from Thermarest.

In Gear Swap » FS: Closet Clean Out! OR, Thermarest, Lowa, Granite Gear, Marmot
December 05, 10:15am

Will Buy
PM Sending on Flash

In Gear Swap » Brand new EDC items, Spyderco H-1 Ladybug and REI Flash 18
December 04, 10:25pm

PM Sent
PM Sent

In Gear Swap » F.S. or for trade Scarpa Freney XT GSB B3 Mountainnering Boots (Size EU47) and Grivel Air Tech GSB Crampons.
December 02, 7:23am

Layering
That's a good idea with the rain gear layering. Easy to do, and no reason not to do it. Does anyone else use this trick with success? I do have tyvek! I'll keep using that. Also, how ...

In GEAR » Foam Pad in the Winter?
December 02, 6:50am

Who's got the scoop for 2014/15?
Also interested in this. Seems most windproof items are going "backwards" in design (Houdini, Helium, Squamish) and I'm curious what's happening with WPB stuff.

In GEAR » Looking for info on current State of the Market waterproof/breathable fabrics
December 02, 6:45am

Multiple Layers (And not just Down)
I've been thinking a lot about the definition of "insulation." Trying to categorize the perceived/practical warmth of materials that aren't down feathers is interesting. Things li...

In GEAR » Layering High Loft Insulation in Winter
November 29, 8:28pm

Foam Pad in the Winter?
I've got two goals: Keep Biking and Keep Camping. I recently sold my last Neo-Air. I used to have an XTherm, but exchanged that with another BPL member for a Prolite. Now, I've sold the ...

In GEAR » Foam Pad in the Winter?
November 26, 10:16am

All Reader Reviews by Max Dilthey

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Kelty backpacks redwing 3100, red cloud 6650
I have two packs; a lightweight pack and a big, indestructible monster. It's good to have something reliable to fall back on for deep winter, or trips where you're carrying extra gear for some...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
February 02, 5:52am

Boreas Men's Buttermilk 40
Fit: This bag has a superb fit that places more pressure on your lower back, which distributes weight to the hips and keeps your upper back cool. I was impressed with how well this pack vented, even w...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
November 24, 7:19pm