BPL Community Profile

Michael B (mbenvenuto) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Vermont
About Me Michael B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael B

Showing 151 - 160 of 207 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Forum » Thread

fenix E01
The new version of the fenix E0 is out the E01, which is twice as bright (more or less) with the same run time, 10+ hours then moon mode. I have the older E0, and that is a decent amount of light ...

In GEAR » Best UL/SUL BPing Flashlight???
May 12, 3:17pm

tarps
Are you going to be below treeline or above treeline/out on the tundra? It will be harder to rig a tarp if you won't have trees, and you may get a lot more wind, and so you may want to get a t...

In GEAR » Recommend a large tarp for sitting around during extended periods of rain while basecamping
May 08, 8:00pm

telemark tips
You might want to cross post on telemark tips, since that is entirely skiing focused. The simple answer might be to follow someone else breaking the trail for you though. http://www.telemarktal...

In GEAR » Long fat skis?
May 06, 2:53pm

The topo maps don't really include other park details (not sure which parks you are thinking of here in the east), at least that I have noticed. I think the data on the topo is from the USGS q...

In GEAR » Natl. Geographic TOPO! software
May 03, 8:47pm

Nat Geo Topo
I have used Topo for years on my mac, a g5 imac. It works pretty well. It has some bugs and some things that bother me (it always starts off in Missouri, and never remembers that I am in the NE),...

In GEAR » Natl. Geographic TOPO! software
May 03, 2:28pm

pants
I haven't worn the pants other people are recommending. Very light nylon can be tough and pretty breathable. But in my opinion, the stretch woven pants, like schoeller dynamic, are more comfor...

In GEAR » Breathable warm-weather pants?
April 17, 8:48am

colors
I thought the classic answer regarding mosquitos and black flies was that they were attracted to dark colors much more than light colors. I have a picture of me hiking in Killarney and my light bro...

In GEAR » Tarp Color re Insects attraction
April 11, 1:52pm

tarps
You don't mention if you are looking for the lightest possible weight, or want to trade off some weight for a more durable, better outfitted tarp. There are several large silnylon tarps for ca...

In GEAR » Large Tarp recommendations
April 09, 6:33am

LED light
I have a mirror on my compass so I could try that. But living in the wooded NE, I don't consider a signal mirror to be all that essential. Using a signal mirror requires both open ground and b...

In GEAR » Signal Mirror - Lifesaver or BS?
April 07, 9:46am

vista
I have a geko 301 and like it a lot. But I agree with Mike that I don't think it makes any sense these days to buy a GPS with the old receiver and without USB. Get one of the "newer"...

In GEAR » WTB New Handheld GPS-Recommendations Please?
February 15, 8:42pm

All Reader Reviews by Michael B

Michael B has posted no reviews.