Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Matt F (matt_f) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Matt F hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Matt F has not added a biography yet.
Cityminneapolis
StateMinnesota
My PDF Gear ListWinter Lightweight List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Matt F

Showing 151 - 160 of 183 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Forum » Thread

megalite vs summerlite
"the WM MegaLite has 12 oz down fill and it is rated at 30 degrees (F). With the 2 oz overfill, the Summerlite would also have 12 oz down fill. Does this mean the 2 oz overfill on the Summerli...

In GEAR » Arc Alpinist quilt vs Alpinist bag
April 28, 9:02am

look at fill weights
Hi all, just a couple of observations: A medium (6 ft) nunatak alpinist (sleeping bag, not quilt) has 11.5 ounces of high quality down fill and is billed as a 20 degree F bag. A medium WM s...

In GEAR » Arc Alpinist quilt vs Alpinist bag
April 27, 9:16pm

early may conditions
Hi Steve - I'm a Minnesotan who was on the SHT from May 2-9 last year, essentially hiking the "middle" 100 miles of the trail. I'm not very familiar with the coastal trail, b...

In Gear Lists » Coastal Trail - Spring
April 19, 10:36am

april 18th gathering
Roliegh - Sarah's got a bike ride planned for saturday with some friends and won't be able to make it to lunch (pretty good excuse, if you ask me). We won't be heading out to Calif...

In Chaff » MN BPL Chapter Lunch 4/18 Headcount Needed
April 16, 10:24pm

april 18th gathering
Hey all - Another possible late addition here: I've got an appointment at 10, but I may be able to make it for lunch, and more than likely to the park afterward. I'm excited to meet yo...

In Chaff » MN BPL Chapter Lunch 4/18 Headcount Needed
April 16, 9:47pm

five week hike
Capper - I spent five weeks on the PCT last summer (early July to early August) essentially hiking south from Sierra City (northwest of Reno) to Mt. Whitney with my girlfriend...highly recommend...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » a walk of five weeks or so?
April 08, 10:19pm

Re: Smaller pack
Jared - For someone interested in the myog thing, I'd say why not look for an ion on sale or clearance for $30-$40 and modify it? You'll have an afternoon or two of entertainment makin...

In GEAR » Should i get a smaller pack if so which one?
April 04, 9:47am

please don't kick me out for saying this, but....
"Backpacker magazine exists just to sell advertising and deliver it to readers. Nothing more." The gear issue? Maybe. For what its worth, I still subscribe to Backpacker, and though ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Backpacker.com Ultralight Handbook...
March 05, 8:03am

kek links
Great links William - I had not stumbled across those yet, and the photo essays are very useful. Thanks! Matt

In Chaff » Many Minneapolis-Area BPLers--let's meet!
February 24, 4:16pm

Kek/Border Route Trail?
Hi all, I realize this thread is mostly about planning a meet and greet, but i'll be missing the dinner at Fogo, and want to pose a Minnesota hiking question as long as I've got all of ...

In Chaff » Many Minneapolis-Area BPLers--let's meet!
February 24, 12:00pm

All Reader Reviews by Matt F

Matt F has posted no reviews.