BPL Community Profile

Matt Foehrenbacher (matt_f) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Matt Foehrenbacher hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Matt Foehrenbacher has not added a biography yet.
Cityminneapolis
StateMinnesota
My PDF Gear ListWinter Lightweight List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Matt Foehrenbacher

Showing 151 - 160 of 178 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Forum » Thread

five week hike
Capper - I spent five weeks on the PCT last summer (early July to early August) essentially hiking south from Sierra City (northwest of Reno) to Mt. Whitney with my girlfriend...highly recommend...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » a walk of five weeks or so?
April 08, 10:19pm

Re: Smaller pack
Jared - For someone interested in the myog thing, I'd say why not look for an ion on sale or clearance for $30-$40 and modify it? You'll have an afternoon or two of entertainment makin...

In GEAR » Should i get a smaller pack if so which one?
April 04, 9:47am

please don't kick me out for saying this, but....
"Backpacker magazine exists just to sell advertising and deliver it to readers. Nothing more." The gear issue? Maybe. For what its worth, I still subscribe to Backpacker, and though ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Backpacker.com Ultralight Handbook...
March 05, 8:03am

kek links
Great links William - I had not stumbled across those yet, and the photo essays are very useful. Thanks! Matt

In Chaff » Many Minneapolis-Area BPLers--let's meet!
February 24, 4:16pm

Kek/Border Route Trail?
Hi all, I realize this thread is mostly about planning a meet and greet, but i'll be missing the dinner at Fogo, and want to pose a Minnesota hiking question as long as I've got all of ...

February 24, 12:00pm

minneapolis
haha thats us...beauty and the hiker trash. matt

February 22, 10:22pm

re: minneapolis meeting
Hey Roleigh - I believe my girlfriend and i met you somewhere in the middle of the JMT this summer (we were students from minneapolis doing a PCT section), and here you are planning a meet and ...

February 22, 10:06pm

summerlite actual weight
hi jason - I have a 6 foot summerlite and love it. Just as you are describing, I use it as a quilt when it is warm enough, and if i get cold at night i just zip it up a bit. However, just kno...

In GEAR » 3 season quilt
February 10, 6:35pm

sewing elastic
Hi Ashley - I had a similar issue with my down inner jacket last summer: I'm about six feet tall and slim, and felt that the loose waist let drafts in like crazy. I wound up just cutting a...

In Make Your Own Gear » waist cinch for montbell inner jacket
February 04, 4:04pm

Six moon Designs load lifter straps
Hi Thomas - You mention that Six Moon Designs' packs don't have load lifter...this came as a bit of a surprise to me because i am considering buying a SMD comet specifically because it ...

In GEAR » UL Packs Pull away at shoulders???
February 04, 3:49pm

All Reader Reviews by Matt Foehrenbacher

Matt Foehrenbacher has posted no reviews.