BPL Community Profile

Roleigh Martin (marti124) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Moderator-JohnMuirTrail Yahoo Group
About Me Formerly from MN and NY, now in Reno, NV, I have been hiking every summer in the High Sierra since 2000. From 2000-2007, we did the High Sierra Trail (HST). Been doing the John Muir Trail since then, every year. I am the lead moderator for the JohnMuirTrail@YahooGroups.com for 2011-2013. I organized groups (without charge) for the JMT, 2008-2011 for the hike I participated in (from 5 to 8 people). I'm doing a JMT 2014 group hike again. See my Google Profile for more and top links on a variety of topics (click on "My Website URL above").
CityReno
StateNV
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttps://plus.google.com/+RoleighMartin/about
My PDF Gear ListMy gear list as of 4/3/2010

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Roleigh Martin

Showing 151 - 160 of 1030 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...103

Forum » Thread

Re: Anyone being foreclosed on
Wish I could find the link but recently there was a story of a homeowner who never missed a mortgage payment but was threatened with foreclosure. The banks got real sloppy with their paperwork a...

In Chaff » Anyone being foreclosed on?
April 04, 5:09pm

Re: Carbon Fiber Bear Canister
More about the Bearier Canister - http://www.camp4outdoors.com/about.html When will the Bearier be available? We hope to start shipping sometime in May. If you'd like to receive one of th...

In GEAR » Carbon Fiber Bear Canister
April 04, 4:55pm

Re: Carbon Fiber Bear Canister
I found a link. http://www.trailspace.com/blog/2011/01/21/outdoor-retailer-bearier-700.html And in its base form, it is 700 cubic inches, expanded form 1000 cubic inches. Web page of pre-s...

April 04, 4:48pm

Re: Lawyers Fees
Somebody is designing an expandable bear canister already and is going through the testing process, I forget it's name but it is cool, it can either be 600 cubic inches or 1000 cubic inches or ...

April 04, 4:46pm

Re: JMT Storage Options
Another option is to ship your items from Yosemite village to yourself, care of General Delivery, Lone Pine Post Office, so that you have street clothes when you arrive in Lone Pine -- and you can ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » JMT Storage Options
April 04, 4:40pm

Re: ID Rainjacket
I used to bring both a rain jacket and a wind jacket when I was using the Rain Shield O2 jacket - http://www.rainshield.com/. But when I got the ID Event Thru Hiker jacket, it was so breathable, I...

In GEAR » Windshirt VS Hiking shirt VS Rain jacket VS ALL
April 03, 6:31pm

Re: Help Selecting A One Person Tent
What is wrong with the Moment by Tarptent with the extra snow season longitudinal bar? I like the fact it has an optional inner liner making it pretty much a double wall tent (with the sides being...

In GEAR » Help Selecting A Person Tent
April 03, 4:57pm

Re: Rain skirt vs. rain pants?
Why did your use of the rain kilt disappoint you? In the High Sierras where I do my long hikes, I still favor for July/August a kilt. I did switch from a silnylon kilt to a heavy duty cuben fiber...

In GEAR » Rain skirt vs. rain pants?
April 03, 4:28pm

The pack designed for Bearikade Expedition Canister
bump - see above.

In GEAR » Vapor Trail discontinued
April 01, 1:01pm

New Granite Gear Packs
I share your regret over the death of the Vapor Trail and Nimbus Ozone. There are some things to consider though. The weight of the floating panny pack lid on the Vapor Meridian and the Nimbus ...

In GEAR » Vapor Trail discontinued
April 01, 10:59am

All Reader Reviews by Roleigh Martin

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Wilderness Press John Muir Trail: The Essential Guide to Hiking America’s Most Famous Trail, 5th Edition
Review of John Muir Trail: The Essential Guide to Hiking America’s Most Famous Trail, 5th Edition, by Elizabeth Wenk, Wilderness Press, 2014, 296 pages. Reviewed by Roleigh Martin, Lead Moderator: Jo...

In Books and Media
June 09, 8:47am

zpacks Company
I have bought many items from Zpacks, including some new items he started carrying as a result of my orders, such as the large size pack cover; the 1000 cu inch zero pack; and he provided a customized...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
November 16, 10:49pm

MSR Mountain Safety Research HyperFlow microfilter
Thanks to these reviews mentioning the problems and the recall issue, I called MSR up and found out I had a problem element and I was mailed a replacement. I won't be able to determine how good i...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
March 25, 2:02pm

Leukotape P Sports Tape
Andrew Skurka spoke in Minneapolis today at the Outdoor Expo and I took down his notes on foot care and found some links, including this thread. He recommends shoes that keep your feet cool (he u...

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
April 26, 11:31pm

Bear Boxer 101 Contender
Can you please provide a link for the Bear Boxer 101 Contender? Thank you. Never mind -- I found the link, I presume it is here: http://www.bareboxer.com/products.htm

In Miscellaneous Products
May 23, 6:43pm