BPL Community Profile

Mark McLauchlin (markmclauchlin) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Western Australia
About Me Avid hiker and light weight gear nut.
CityPerth
StateWestern Australia
CountryAustralia
My Website URLhttp://lightweighthikersblog.blogspot.com/
My PDF Gear ListBPL Gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mark McLauchlin

Showing 151 - 160 of 487 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...49

Forum » Thread

Re: working with slippery fabrics
Thanks Guys, Will try a few suggestions on some scrap and see how I get on. Also going to replace my 20 year old machine with something a little nicer. It generally works ok but the pedal is ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Working with Silnylon and other slippery materials
January 06, 8:01pm

Working with Silnylon and other slippery materials
Hi all, So far I have only sewn materials such as ripstop and other non-slippery materials. My next project I am going to attempt to make a poncho or tarp (or poncho tarp) and wanted to know ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Working with Silnylon and other slippery materials
January 06, 6:12am

Re: 700?
Thanks Rod, might be a little big for what I am after. If I don't get anything closer I might take you up. Cheers again, Mark

In Gear Swap » WTb: SP 550 or 600
January 06, 3:45am

WTb: SP 550 or 600
Hello, Would anyone have one around the place they are no longer using and want to move on to Australia where it will be much loved? Cheers

In Gear Swap » WTb: SP 550 or 600
January 05, 8:51pm

Re: RE: "Nicknames"
My trail name is 'trail_geek'. Love being out on the trail, would do it for a living given the chance and I work in IT for an international company, apparently all people in IT are geeks.

In Chaff » Nicknames
January 05, 5:28am

Re: Bivy Sizing
Contact Ron and see what he says, I am 5' 11 and re-ordered a large to use with a neoair and quilt. Cheers

In GEAR » Which Bivy?
January 03, 2:19am

Re: wide SuperLight
Thanks Just contaced Ron and altered the order for a large Cheers

In GEAR » Which Bivy?
January 02, 8:09pm

Re: Re: "Thom Darrah's a Good Man"
See despite all the bad happenings there is some good out there. Well done

In Chaff » Thom Darrah's A Good Man
January 02, 3:11pm

Re: Choices
Now you all have me concerned with the size I ordered. Im 5'11, will use it with a NeoAir and quilt, I ordered a regular perhaps it should have been a large? Cheers

In GEAR » Which Bivy?
January 02, 3:05pm

Re: Superlite Bivy
Hi, I ordered a Superlight last week from Ron. My choice was based on weight, price and NeoAir compatability. should have it soon and will be able to comment a little further. Cheers Mark

In GEAR » Which Bivy?
January 02, 12:53am

All Reader Reviews by Mark McLauchlin

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Ray Way quilt one person - standard
I purchased the Ray Quilt after reading several reviews on the internet and felt at the time for the money this was a good choice in my UL attempt. I found the hardest part of the project, like oth...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
March 17, 6:18am