BPL Community Profile

Stuart . (lotuseater) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale 40°N,-105°W-ish
About Me Stuart . has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stuart .

Showing 151 - 160 of 784 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...79

Forum » Thread

re: East Bay "non-trip" report
Good on you, d k, for not being discouraged, enjoying a day hike and testing your gear. My wife is a tax accountant, so getting out for trips in February, March and April is a challenge. This win...

In Post-Trip Reports » East Bay "non-trip" report
March 12, 7:29pm

Re: internal usable length of Hilleberg Soulo/Unna
We have ascertained you're a masochist, Bruce ;-) The Jannu is the smallest of the 2P Hillies, with the lowest door. It has one of - if not the - best wind profiles in the Hille range but y...

In GEAR » internal usable length of Hilleberg Soulo/Unna
March 09, 9:31pm

Re: internal usable length of Hilleberg Soulo/Unna
I was able to fit an Exped LW pad (78"x26") in the Soulo, and you can see the photos in this thread, when I decided to sell the shelter: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpa...

In GEAR » internal usable length of Hilleberg Soulo/Unna
March 09, 6:59pm

Shaking my head
"Such comments bring up several subjects, namely the Right Tool for the Job policy and a response to Stuart D's comment that such a tent (Hilleberg) is ". . . wasted on people who . ....

In GEAR » Hilleberg Tent Thread Part 2
March 09, 1:18pm

skirts
Aye, you can forget a cuben rainkilt in those conditions. But even Kerlon 1800's not going to keep the nether regions happy when the snow's a swirling. Then, I find a good 18oz Regimental ...

March 08, 9:56pm

spendthrift
Agreed, Rick, it's critical that the Winter Mountaineering brigade keeps out the spendthrifts :-) Having owned a few Hilleberg models, I'd agree that most are wasted on people who car ca...

March 08, 9:24pm

Re: HMG 50%
Looks like they only had one or two of each product. Southwest was gone when I looked 90 minutes ago. I added the Windrider Medium to my cart, removed it and when I tried to add it again it was g...

In Gear Deals » HMG 50%
March 07, 9:29am

Re: Re: platform
My wife's given up on me, but the neighbours have the loony bin on speed dial for when they see me out there.

In GEAR » Hilleberg Tent thread
March 02, 1:16pm

platform
That's what your skis or snowshoes are for. Stomp down a platform in 15 minutes or less, let it harden and pitch the Nammatj. I know what I think of mine. Share your impressions while it'...

In GEAR » Hilleberg Tent thread
March 01, 8:29pm

Re: Re: Russian dolls
@Bradford - agreed the weight difference between the SL5 fly and the Supermid tarp is negligible. The savings comes with the inner and pole. GoLite's combination is so overbuilt it pushes the...

In GEAR » HMG Ultramid & MLD Duomid: Couple's use?
February 25, 8:01am

All Reader Reviews by Stuart .

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs
I had to cancel an order I placed a couple of weeks ago with Ron. He was very gracious, no argument on his end or attempt to persuade me not to cancel, and my refund came through within 24 hours. To...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 21, 7:52am