BPL Community Profile

Justin Ling (ling_jd) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale columbus ohio
About Me i'm fairly new to backpacking and i'm very enthusiastic about the ultra/superultralight challenge. i'm venturing into the world of MYOG, but i've been sewing for a few years now.
Citycolumbus
Stateohio
CountryUnited States
My PDF Gear ListWinter gear list 1.4.08

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Justin Ling

Showing 151 - 160 of 182 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Forum » Thread

WTB: trekking poles
Hi. I'm interested in purchasing some used trekking poles so that I can start setting up my tarp. I don't know enough about them to make an accurate assessment as to what specs I might ...

In Gear Swap » WTB: trekking poles
April 18, 8:19am

Re: Gear For Sale
interested in bivy. email sent.

In Gear Swap » Gear For Sale
April 15, 2:59pm

Re: Silnylon
You can do a forum search to discover that many MYOGers have purchased the 1.1 oz. silnylon from walmart, and that it is indeed silnylon. I bought 15 yards of it, and it is completely waterproof. T...

In Make Your Own Gear » sil-nylon or not sil-nylon?
March 05, 9:42am

Re: Dom's
I second pj's comment. After a week of my order being on backorder, they cancelled it without telling me. I called them two weeks later, and they made me feel like an idiot.

In Gear Deals » Smartwool Thermals
February 27, 10:45am

beginning M.Y.O.Bivy question
I guess this as good a place to post this question as any. I'm new to the tarp/bivy combo, and I'm thinking about making my own bivy. It's obvious from all the posts about breathabl...

In Make Your Own Gear » best all around bivy set up.
February 27, 9:42am

Re: Quilt/Bag for 2?
this was posted not too long ago in the "make your own gear" topic. http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/xdpy/forum_thread/6404/index.html

In GEAR » Quilt/Bag for 2?
February 26, 2:25pm

Re: Re: Ibex Shak Hoody at STP
nevermind. i found where the code was posted. thanks!

In Gear Deals » Ibex Shak Hoody at STP
February 24, 8:41am

Re: Water Concerns in Ultralight
great question! I often wonder the same thing. I've found that bandana's deflect a lot of water when trying to fill a bladder. this might work better with a wide mouth container, but mi...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Water Concerns in Ultralight
February 20, 3:35pm

Re: Thanks Denis.
Hi Brett. This may or may not be off topic here, but do you know how hyvent (diad) compares with precip plus (essence)?

In GEAR » Rain Gear that does not soak through
February 15, 8:27pm

Walmart silnylon
For a total of 13.50, and thanks to this thread, I now own 9.5 yards of 65" 1.3 oz. silnylon!!! and 4 yards of DWR ripstop nylon that's even lighter. i'm so giddy! this should not be a...

In Make Your Own Gear » wal mart sil nylon: $1.00/yard
February 11, 5:43pm

All Reader Reviews by Justin Ling

Justin Ling has posted no reviews.