BPL Community Profile

Leigh Baker (leighb) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Northeast Texas Pineywoods
About Me Nearly 60,but in better shape than at 40! Always hiked, love the outdoors and nature. Started backpacking just over 3 yrs. ago,fortunately began UL thanks to BPL. Also an avid paddler,and special education teacher.
My PDF Gear ListEarly Fall/Late Spring weekend list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Leigh Baker

Showing 151 - 160 of 450 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...45

Forum » Thread

Lumbar pack
@ Dale, I agree with you completely,on all counts. Would love to see lighter wt. lumbar packs....any cottage folks out there listening :)...I use the lumbar pack just as you described, to keep wat...

In GEAR » Do you use a fanny or lumbar pack?
October 13, 11:29am

FS:Hat and Women's trail runners
The hat is one of Kat's, and it' beautiful. Just doesn't fit my small head...rolls down over my eyes :) It's a size regular,rolled edge and alpaca/merino blend. A work of art as any...

In Gear Swap » FS:Hat and Women's trail runners
October 13, 7:24am

pic test

In User Test Forum » pic test
October 13, 7:11am

Lumbar pack
Funny, I ended up with the Black Diamond Fuse on Mike M's suggestion :D...actually I think from the same post,as I recall he mentioned the Osprey also. I found it on sale so decided to try it. ...

In GEAR » Do you use a fanny or lumbar pack?
October 13, 6:49am

Sounds you've never heard before
I hadn't ever heard a fox at night until about a month ago, didn't know what it was until a friend told me....very interesting. Two weeks ago I decided to test my opsak. I'd had tuna fo...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Sounds you've never heard before
October 10, 7:01pm

NCT
Ike, Thanks for sharing! I have friends that live in northern MI and while I'm able to go up in the summer (I'm a teacher; it makes a great respite from the TX heat) I dream of a time when...

In Post-Trip Reports » The North Country Trail: Porkies, Trap Hills, and Sturgeon River Gorge
October 08, 5:54pm

SHR
Manfred and Andrew, Thanks for the wonderful trip report and pictures!! Such an awesome hike!!

In Post-Trip Reports » Sierra High Route – The Trip of a Lifetime
October 08, 5:14pm

RE: updates
Anyone else not arriving until Sat morning?

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Texas/Oklahoma/Arkansas GGG this fall?
October 03, 6:21pm

Campsites
Thanks for your input John! I found out this morning I have a conference to attend on Fri the 19th, 2 hrs south of where I live. I was planning on taking Friday off and hiking that day....now I ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Texas/Oklahoma/Arkansas GGG this fall?
September 26, 3:49pm

Campsites
Here are a couple of options trying to incorporate the larger campsites, everyone feel free to comment. Start from FR 106/Winding Stairs TH and hiked up to the campsite marked on the maps at th...

September 25, 7:40pm

All Reader Reviews by Leigh Baker

Leigh Baker has posted no reviews.