BPL Community Profile

kevin timm (ktimm) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado (SeekOutside)
About Me kevin timm has not added a biography yet.
CityRidgway
StateColorado
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://seekoutside.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by kevin timm

Showing 151 - 160 of 265 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Forum » Thread

Tensioned tent stakes
You can also tension the stakes directly such as easton, by using shockcord instead of regular cord as a pull loop

In Make Your Own Gear » Simple, compact guyline bungee
February 23, 12:04pm

Snow and WInd
I agree some data is a starting point at least. I think one of the interesting things that will be found, is that what is good for wind is not always good for snow. For instance, a slightly ext...

In Editor's Roundtable » Storm Resistance of Ultralight Shelters: Part 1, Introduction
February 04, 11:22am

Snowload
Hi Roger, It was very add hoc, since rarely do the conditions line up that snow sticks to a canopy so well, but in this case it did. The measurements were not what I would call terribly scienti...

In Editor's Roundtable » Storm Resistance of Ultralight Shelters: Part 1, Introduction
February 03, 4:41pm

Shockcord / snow loads
It has it's advantages, as it tightens a panel over time, so it can keep the tent pitched tighter. The key, is to find shockcord of the appropriate tension for your tent, and to pull it tight o...

February 03, 9:44am

Seek Outside
Sorry for the commercial response, but we have lightweight strong poles that can be configured to that length. We do not have the trekking pole type end. One option you might consider rather th...

In GEAR » Lightweight, adjustable tarp poles...
January 26, 3:37pm

Studs
Work great, I've used them on a lot of trail runners on the way out. One pair the sole was even coming off, so the screws fixed that as well.

In GEAR » Lightweight shoes for snow travel
January 18, 10:09am

Back on Topic
Regarding the original posters original questions: I believe any good dog that has been prepared would be happy to go on your trip, as long as you take care of the same issues you yourself will e...

In Gear Lists » Going Backpacking for 2 years with my brother and my dog.
January 08, 3:53pm

Horses and clarrification
There are still wild horse within 100 miles of where I am, and yes I agree it's only been since the 1600's or so for domestic horses, but it was still a historical way of travel on our land...

January 06, 5:15pm

Dogs and Horses
I like the list of things that annoy me :) However, as much as I don't always care for horses on the trail , historically they were the mode of transportation. I think people get way to tou...

January 06, 3:01pm

Seek Outside Special Backcountry Shelter
Order a Backcountry shelter before Dec 15th and get a free 2 person ground sheet. http://seekoutside.com/products/specials/ http://seekoutside.com/backcountry-shelter-2/

In Gear Deals » Seek Outside Special Backcountry Shelter
December 02, 8:08am

All Reader Reviews by kevin timm

kevin timm has posted no reviews.