Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ken Thompson (kthompson) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Behind the Redwood Curtain
About Me Better to observe than be observed.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ken Thompson

Showing 151 - 160 of 8648 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...865

Forum » Thread

Re: 2014 Staff survivors
I hear you Donna. I am always surprised as to who is considered staff. Does not seem to be anyone who take care of say to day stuff anymore. I miss Addie. No offense but where has Doug been?...

In Editor's Roundtable » 2014 Staff Picks
January 04, 5:49am

Re: photos of my "winterized" tarptent moment dw
Kinda wish you'd start your own TT love fest thread Eric. You're just being rude. 19 posts in this thread alone, so far...

In GEAR » Hilleberg Tent thread
January 04, 5:45am

Re: RJ instructions.
"If you see ads that aren't suitable for your family members, please file a support ticket and let us know what the ad's URL is that's either on the ad, or the destination URL, tak...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Ad blocker for mobile devices
January 03, 7:51pm

Re: Re: Large Carnivores Getting Comfy in Europe
Government pays for farmers losses. Next issue. Least of Spain's problems

In On the Web » Large Carnivores Getting Comfy in Europe
January 03, 7:35pm

Re: 2014 Staff Picks re NB1210 sole pics
The point is that the Vibram soles last less long than other NB soles that I have worn. The Vibram soles do wear the same from pair to pair. I'm sure we are being charged a premium for that Vib...

January 03, 7:33pm

Re: 2014 Staff Picks re NB1210 sole pics
The uppers are still fine. I walk on forest trail and a bit of concrete sidewalk with these everyday. 3 miles Lugs wear off in short order. Then the midsole collapses. I don't find t...

January 03, 7:01pm

Re: not nearly enough choices, rain jackets
Good luck Peter.

In GEAR » Too many choices, rain jackets
January 03, 5:19pm

Re: Group UL, time to talk about mean weight?
No need to post in multiple forums either. http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=98523&skip_to_post=834780#834780

In Philosophy & Technique » Group UL, time to talk about mean weight?
January 03, 5:14pm

Re: Not the lightest option,
Another good thing about the electric pump is that you can do something else while the pad is inflating.

In GEAR » Best way to inflate neoair xlite
January 03, 12:01pm

Re: not nearly enough choices, rain jackets
Peter this is for you. http://www.sierratradingpost.com/haglofs-lim-active-gore-tex-parka-waterproof-for-men~p~8036n/?filterString=s~haglofs-men%2Fspecdataor~features%3Bwaterproof%20(all)%2Cwa...

In GEAR » Too many choices, rain jackets
January 03, 11:52am

All Reader Reviews by Ken Thompson

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA Equipment
Ordered this pack early on a Thurs. morning PST. Shipped from ULA that afternoon. Custom CDT with no hip belt or ice axe/pole retention or any other options other than the pad and hydration sleeve. U...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
September 29, 6:35pm

Lost Valley Hammocks Arkansas
Know your reviewer.

July 13, 7:45am

Hilleberg Unna
I too have just joined the ranks of Hilleberg carriers. I bought an Unna for myself and my sometime canine companion. Heavy compared to what a lot carry here sure. I slept like a rock in 60mph gusts ...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
May 12, 2:15pm

Osprey Hornet 46
Moved this here from the Lifer's only forum. Here is what I thought Review for Osprey Hornet 46. Tester info. Ken Thompson 43 years old Living/hiking in far northern CA. 6'3" 210...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 24, 6:52am

Bareboxer.com Golf City Products Barebox
Overall I am happy with it. I do not like the over built and heavy locking mechanism on the lid. Something more akin to the Garcia Machine type would be more than adequate. Other than that it perform...

August 08, 6:44am