Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ken Bennett (ken_bennett) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale southeastern usa
About Me Hiker, photographer, etc.
Statenorth carolina

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ken Bennett

Showing 151 - 160 of 677 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...68

Forum » Thread

Re: new to backpacking. how big of a pack do I need?
Not the Hornet 46. Not with your other gear, and not for a beginning backpacker. It's a more specialized piece of kit. Something in the 60-65 liter range, with a real internal frame, less th...

In GEAR » new to backpacking. how big of a pack do I need?
March 15, 6:25pm

Re: Recommend a small pack
My daughter's problem was always her waist size -- you could pull the hip belt so the pads met in the middle, and it was still too large. Ugh. The Osprey youth pack seems well made, and cov...

In GEAR » Recommend a small pack
March 15, 5:58pm

Re: TT Double Rainbow
I carried a TT Double Rainbow as a solo tent a couple of times. Lots of room, and having two doors/vestibules was great. Not too heavy, either, but it wasn't the best 2-person tent, so I ended ...

In GEAR » Best ultralight 2 person tent for appalacian trail?
March 07, 7:33pm

Re: Not that hard to get up there in weight.
"I think a lot of people come in around 25lb base weights" When I first started thinking about cutting some of my gear weight, I was *thrilled* when I got my base weight below 40 pound...

In Gear Lists » Heavy Gear List
February 21, 6:30pm

Re: 2P 3 Season Tent Recommendations
We've used several different lightweight 2-person tents. The absolute winner, hands down, is the Six Moons Designs Lunar Duo. You have to actually sit inside it to believe the interior volume. ...

In GEAR » 2P 3 Season Tent Recommendations
February 21, 6:27pm

Re: help finding a lightweight, warm bag for my wife
My wife went through a lot of expensive bags, including the original MH Phantom 32 (not enough fill) and a Western Mountaineering Ultralite. All the bags she tried have continuous channels which al...

In GEAR » help finding a lightweight, warm bag for my wife
February 20, 2:59pm

Re: AT NOBO late Feb start
I don't think you need to buy anything. This time of year I'd want the Duomid and the Versalite. Not sure about the pad - I've not used a Neoair, and would take my Prolite 4, but if...

In Gear Lists » AT NOBO late Feb start
February 19, 3:53pm

Re: Aqua Mira Exploded
This happened to me several years ago. Temps got down into the single digits at night, the A.M. bottle cracked, and then leaked inside the pocket of a nice pair of soft shell pants. The acid ate a ...

In GEAR » Aqua Mira Exploded
February 18, 8:53pm

Re: Decisions Decisions... m4/3 vs NEX
I had a Canon G7 that died just before a trip two years ago. Luckily for me, we were in a large city with a decent camera store (Penn Camera, now sadly deceased), so I had a range of options for a ...

In Photography » Decisions Decisions... m4/3 vs NEX
February 18, 7:38am

Re: Help novice guy pick the lightest decent camera
Less than two ounces is probably dreaming. This Panasonic camera shoots decent photos and video, is waterproof, shockproof, and freezeproof, and costs about $150: http://www.bhphotovideo.com...

In Photography » Help novice guy pick the lightest decent camera
February 15, 5:52am

All Reader Reviews by Ken Bennett

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Photon Freedom Micro (White)
The newest version is the Photon Freedom To The Max, which uses some sort of new technology in the LED that doubles brightness while not using any more battery power. Nice. The Doug Ritter edition ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
January 17, 6:10pm

Marmot Ion
I just received my Marmot Ion jacket from Campmor, and I agree with the two most recent posts. I don't think it's sil-nylon, exactly, but my hiking test had water beading up on the inside whil...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
January 17, 6:04pm