Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Kevin Egelhoff (kegelhoff) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Southern Cal
About Me Hiking for about 10 years now. First started carring a 80+ pound pack and now I'm down to about 18 lbs. for a five day trip!
CityEncinitas
StateCA
My PDF Gear ListFood list for 9 day hike- revised AGAIN

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Egelhoff

Showing 151 - 160 of 210 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Forum » Thread

Carbon Fiber stake with camera mount ....
Troy, 7 grams for a carbon stake it pretty light. Also depends a lot on the length you want. It might be o.k. in really loose or sandy soil but wouldn't fair well if it ever encounter a rock. ...

In Make Your Own Gear » need help making cf tent stakes
September 17, 3:45pm

Re: "It Comes in Colors"
As usual Bill, I can't wait to see what you come up with. Just make sure and take lots of pictures for us !!! Would love to see and hear about a new sleeping bag. Are you thinking quilt or h...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cuben Fiber in Colors
September 16, 10:49pm

Re: Can't wait for pix
Casting material JUST came in BUT I wouldn't have to make a mold off my body IF I had a foam back/torso !!! If only they existed. I'm sure making them wouldn't be cheap either! I&#...

In Make Your Own Gear » New External Frame - MYOG
September 16, 4:46pm

New External Frame
Eric, Those were pretty much along the lines of what I had planned. I have casting plaster coming in to form the mold and then plan on trying to make the tooling off that. Hope to post some go...

September 16, 10:55am

Re: New External Frame - Ver.2-0
Looks good Bill. I'm still waiting for the tooling supplies to come in. Figure it will take me about a week to try and make the tooling before being able to try and make the first R & D ...

September 15, 5:09pm

Wondering why you want these in carbon ?
I could make these buy the thousands EVERY day ... just by cutting off the scrap pieces of the carbon products we make ... but, I would still use and buy aluminum nails or standard titanium tent ...

In Make Your Own Gear » need help making cf tent stakes
September 15, 5:03pm

Re: New External Frame .... Next step ....
Bill, The curved hip area was exactly what I was going after and I can make that section strong, light, and exactly form fitting without any screws, bolts, or sharp edges. That part should be pret...

September 11, 9:44pm

New External Frame .... Next step ....
Bill, Thanks for the photo and follow-up on the questions. I'm so used to doing the 100 to 225 mile hikes always with resupply points that I didn't even think that you might be carrying all...

September 11, 4:36pm

New External Frame .... Next step ....
"On a big - high volume and high weigh load - External Frame Pack you need a really thick / wide hip belt or someway to help stabilize the hip belt. The "wing things" helped stabiliz...

September 11, 9:59am

Bill ... question for you !!
Bill, I have always used and really like the oldere Go-lites and now only use the G.G. packs. No frame and just two light carbon poles to support the frame structure. Tell me what advatage you ...

September 10, 5:13pm

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Egelhoff

Showing 1 - 10 of 12 | Page: 1 2

Review

Category

Gossamer Gear SpinnTwinn Tarp
We just returned from a long week in the Sierra's with a group of 6 this year. We needed one additional 2 man shelter for the 80 mile hike and at the last minute decided that he SpinnTwinn tarp w...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
September 17, 12:10pm

Gossamer Gear Lightrek 4 Adjustable CF Trekking Poles
And now they come in the oh-so-cool camo color. These are the GOLD standard in best locking, ulta light, super durable, best griped poles on the market that our group has ever used. The new carbon wr...

In Trekking Poles
May 12, 3:27pm

Western Mountaineering Ultralight Super
I own 4 high quality Down sleeping bags and this is my current go-to fav! I'm 6'1", 185 lbs., and there is plenty of room in this bag to layer up with some extra clothes IF NEEDED to get...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 22, 5:27pm

Big Agnes Clearview
I talked three people in our group of five into buying this pad for our 9 day, 80+ mile hike in the high Sierra's. Night time Temps ranged from a low of 28 deg to a high of 38 deg. All three of ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
October 07, 4:39pm

Inov8 RocLite 315
Just like the others reported .. these are GREAT shoes. Not a single blister after doing 80+ miles in bad weather. I think the key to these shoes is the breathability and flexablity that allows the...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
October 07, 4:31pm

Gossamer Gear Mariposa Plus 08
I have used several GG packs in the past and this new pack is the BEST I have ever used !!! I think I own close to 5 packs and this is my new favorite go-to pack of all time. Grant sent me the new a...

In Backpacks - Frameless
October 07, 4:23pm

Princeton Tec EOS
I have tried four different lights over the last four years and this light is by far my new favorite. I can't see any reason to change lights for a while now. Other reviews are spot on and I had...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
October 07, 4:07pm

SteriPen Adventurer
Hmmmm ... for once I'm not even close in agreement to anyone ??? Having purchased two brand new units after reading several positive comments, I can't wait to RETURN them both. First I want...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
October 07, 4:01pm

Gossamer Gear Miniposa
I have used the new GG Miniposa for the last 6 months now on several long distance hikes and this pack was everything I had hoped it would be. Super light, easy to use, very comfy, and lots of room f...

In Backpacks - Frameless
July 10, 2:31pm

Gossamer Gear Lightrek Plus Poles
Five of us just returned from a 6 day, 90 mile hike on the John Muir Trail this past week. All of us had been using typical so-called light weight adjustable alum. poles in the past but we all decide...

In Trekking Poles
August 29, 11:44am