BPL Community Profile

Justin Baker (justin_baker) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Santa Rosa, CA
About Me http://jbaker8484.imgur.com/
CitySanta Rosa
StateCalifornia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Justin Baker

Showing 151 - 160 of 3039 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...304

Forum » Thread

Re: Trip Canceled: Let us Rant and Commiserate Together
Last winter I went on a trip to Big Sur with my friend. I had been sick for a week prior to the trip and almost wasn't able to make it. Right before the trip I felt better and went. Well, I got...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Trip Canceled: Let us Rant and Commiserate Together
September 01, 2:55pm

Re: Washing - Lost Down Loft
After washing the bag you can get clumped down that takes a while to dry. You can set it in the sun or you could sleep in it every night at home so your body heat will dry it out.

In GEAR » Washing - Lost Down Loft
August 31, 1:06pm

Re: pack liners
A single pack liner doesn't work for cold/rainy conditions in which you need to take your active insulation layers on and off while on the move. Lets say it's a cold rain and you start on ...

In Philosophy & Technique » pack liners
August 30, 5:50pm

Re: Re: grampa carries a pocket knife(s)
Ian, your comments were hilarious.

In GEAR » is a knife a non-essential item?
August 30, 10:29am

Re: Re: I don't get why people use bug bivies.
Ok, creepy crawlies make a lot of sense. I've never had an issue with bugs crawling up in my sleeping bag. I've only ever dealt with mosquitoes and biting flies.

In GEAR » I don't get why people use bug bivies.
August 30, 10:24am

I don't get why people use bug bivies.
I don't get bug bivies. If my face is getting attacked by bugs, I just flip my sleeping bag upside and let the hood cover my face. If it's warm enough for bugs to be an issue then I'...

In GEAR » I don't get why people use bug bivies.
August 30, 2:17am

Re: Re: Re: Re: BPL always satisfies
A knife made from obsidian is not capable of doing the same tasks that a steel knife is capable of. A non-locking folding knife is not capable of doing the same tasks that a locking folding is cap...

In GEAR » is a knife a non-essential item?
August 29, 11:56pm

Re: WTB enlightened equipment 10 degree quilt. (750 fp)
EDIT: just saw that EE had a 10 degree quilt in stock and i jumped on it.

In Gear Swap » WTB enlightened equipment 10 degree quilt. (750 fp)
August 29, 9:53pm

Re: Re: camp shoes
I sometimes carry camp shoes when doing creek walking canyon trips. Having wet shoes at the end of every day gets old fast. You can do the bread bag over dry socks thing, but camp shoes are more co...

In GEAR » Has anyone hiked in Vivobarefoot Ultra Pures?
August 29, 9:30pm

Re: Has anyone hiked in Vivobarefoot Ultra Pures?
No experience with the ultra pures, but I've hiked in a few vivobarefoot shoes. They are fine in you already do the whole minimalist shoes thing but if not you will be uncomfortable. If you dec...

In GEAR » Has anyone hiked in Vivobarefoot Ultra Pures?
August 29, 10:45am

All Reader Reviews by Justin Baker

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gregory Tarne 36

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 13, 11:53am