BPL Community Profile

Justin Baker (justin_baker) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale west coast best coast
About Me http://jbaker8484.imgur.com/
CitySanta Rosa
StateCalifornia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Justin Baker

Showing 151 - 160 of 2794 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...280

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: 4 days in the emigrant wilderness
Plenty of fish. The russian guy we met at Buck Lakes caught four 12 inch rainbows with little effort. Crossing the west fork of cherry creek was no big deal. The north fork of cherry creek, whic...

In Post-Trip Reports » 4 days in the emigrant wilderness
May 28, 2:33pm

Re: Quick Question about Darn Tough Socks
I usually go a little on the large side. Tight socks are bad, loose socks are not a problem. Do you have an REI nearby? They sell them.

In GEAR » Quick Question about Darn Tough Socks
May 28, 11:21am

4 days in the emigrant wilderness
Took a 4 day and 3 night trip to the Emigrant Wilderness with Morgan Rucks. It was an equal mix of off trail hiking, following old use trails, and following maintained trails. He carried a bunch of...

In Post-Trip Reports » 4 days in the emigrant wilderness
May 28, 11:15am

Re: move
You don't carry dry clothes, a shelter, and a sleeping bag when hiking? I don't think that not carrying a rain jacket and going with the windshirt+fleece method is not taking rain seriou...

In GEAR » Wind jacket plus fleece with no rain jacket?
May 28, 12:40am

Re: Wind jacket plus fleece with no rain jacket?
Yes, it works ok if you are moving and generating heat. When you stop moving, move slower, or switch to downhill you will get colder because the water conducting heat from you is more equal to the ...

In GEAR » Wind jacket plus fleece with no rain jacket?
May 28, 12:05am

Re: Re: Re: Re: .
Your logic is sound, but I can never trust a woman with a mustache.

In Gear Swap » .
May 27, 4:28pm

Re: Re: Better braid, please
I've never understood the purpose of a paracord bracelet. You untie it and then you have a bunch of unraveled paracord, why not just carry a hank of rope? Why does it need to be on your wrist?

In Chaff » Hobby Lobby has good selection of 550 cord
May 22, 10:17pm

Re: So, what do I do?
Alessandra, get a quilt that you can put over your sleeping bag if needed. That will be the most weight efficient way to boost your insulation.

In GEAR » How many F degrees of warmth can a silk sleeping liner and a LW down puffy add?
May 22, 7:33pm

Re: Re: How many F degrees of warmth can a silk sleeping liner and a LW down puffy add?
Wearing all that you will extend your bag by about no degrees. You are a woman (women sleep much colder than men) and sleeping bag ratings are rarely accurate. You would probably need all of that c...

In GEAR » How many F degrees of warmth can a silk sleeping liner and a LW down puffy add?
May 22, 3:08pm

Re: juice..?
Someone very inexperienced who should not be hiking above 10,000 feet in may.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » very sad...
May 22, 3:04pm

All Reader Reviews by Justin Baker

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gregory Tarne 36

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 13, 11:53am