BPL Community Profile

Justin Baker (justin_baker) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale west coast best coast
About Me http://jbaker8484.imgur.com/
CitySanta Rosa
StateCalifornia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Justin Baker

Showing 151 - 160 of 2531 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...254

Forum » Thread

Re: sleeping system
Tim (the guy above me) makes reasonably priced quilts that are highly regarded on here. Get a 20 degree. edit: forgot to add, his company name is enlightened equipment.

In GEAR » sleeping system
February 18, 9:52pm

Re: How Many Pairs of Socks Do You Carry?
One pair of hiking socks. One pair of thick sleeping socks. Two pairs of hiking socks are good if you are dealing with cold and snow, you can switch to a dry pair if your feet get cold. ...

In GEAR » How Many Pairs of Socks Do You Carry?
February 18, 6:05pm

Re: Heavy is Better Sometimes
"However, when I bike tour, I bring a 3.5oz pair of wind pants as my only long trousers." I'm curious, have you ever fallen off your bike in ultralight windpants? I imagine them sh...

In GEAR » "When your pants are kinda heavy..."
February 18, 4:14pm

Re: Knife features, uses
i use my knife for: cleaning fish cutting food cutting edible wild plants splitting branches down to get dry kindling (when it's wet out) cutting cord making tent stakes carving things l...

In GEAR » Knife features, uses
February 18, 12:22pm

Re: Lost and Found
Trail hiking can get monotonous and tiring. Try hiking off trail. Go to the coastal mountains, find a random creek, and explore up the canyon. Everything will be a surprise. Focus less on miles an...

In Chaff » Lost and Found
February 18, 1:15am

Re: Discovery Channel Fires Cody Lundin.
Good for him. Discovery is making a mockery out of survival/bushcraft skills. It would be nice if he got his own show on the science channel next to the new survivorman episodes.

In Chaff » Discovery Channel Fires Cody Lundin.
February 18, 1:12am

Re: How much weight will I shed if I start trimming the straps on my pack (Lowe Alpine Zepton 50?)
Keep in mind you are harming the resale value of your pack if you ever decide to sell it.

In GEAR » How much weight will I shed if I start trimming the straps on my pack (Lowe Alpine Zepton 50?)
February 18, 12:30am

FS: Merrel True Gloves size 10
price dropped

In Gear Swap » FS: Merrel True Gloves size 10
February 17, 5:01pm

Re: Has anyone here switched to a quilt and liked it LESS than a regular sleeping bag?
I need to get something warmer and I've been thinking about getting the cheaper version of the EE 10 degree down quilt... only because it's very inexpensive. Hopefully I like it, because a ...

In GEAR » Has anyone here switched to a quilt and liked it LESS than a regular sleeping bag?
February 17, 1:55pm

Re: Square footage and ultralight practice: how much space does one person really need?
This one time at summer camp we fit 4 people in a "one person" tent. I've never actually backpacked with anything but a tarp, but my 8x10 is perfect and roomy. If I were to get an ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Square footage and ultralight practice: how much space does one person really need?
February 17, 1:45pm

All Reader Reviews by Justin Baker

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gregory Tarne 36

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 13, 11:53am