BPL Community Profile

j lan (justaddfuel) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale MN
About Me Canoeist, biker, hiker, packrafter, grump.
CityMN
StateMN
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by j lan

Showing 151 - 160 of 550 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...55

Forum » Thread

Re: FS: MLD sleeping pad
I will give you $50 Jay

In Gear Swap » FS: MLD sleeping pad
March 16, 10:07am

Re: Re: Re: Fiberglass for Alcohol stove
If you are concerned about the fiberglass fibers you can use carbon felt to wrap it: https://www.minibulldesign.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=126&idcategory=4

In GEAR » Fiberglass for Alcohol stove
March 15, 1:08pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Esbit + rocks + wind shield
"Is that the 1.6oz bowl that holds 20oz?" Hi Matthew, Yes this one here: http://www.snowpeak.com/tableware/bowls-plates/trek-titanium-bowl-stw-003t.html I cook in my snowpeak bow...

In GEAR » Esbit + rocks + wind shield
March 15, 9:48am

Re: "let's take the (technical) outta technical shorts?" thanks
What about boys/mens swimsuits?

In GEAR » let's take the (technical) outta technical shorts?
March 15, 8:08am

Re: Re: Re: Esbit + rocks + wind shield
Ti tri-wing stove changed my life. I now bring a stove, esbit and snowpeak bowl even on day hikes, 2.5oz total weight penalty including windscreen and bowl (minus the esbits). I love this stove ...

In GEAR » Esbit + rocks + wind shield
March 14, 11:20pm

Re: Re:Re:Re:Would you ever go from a Exped UL7 to a foam pad?
I would only trade it out for ridgerest solar or z-lite. Thermarest knows what they are doing. If you are having problems fitting it into the back padding for your pack, you can always cut it and u...

In GEAR » Would you ever go from a Exped UL 7 to a foam pad?
March 14, 9:42am

Re: Refined Carbs and red meat (burger fries and Coke)
In my experience health workers are some of the un-healthiest people around. Kind of like, how do you know you are in a plumber's house? The toilet is broken.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Red meat is killing you
March 13, 4:01pm

Re: Footwear Options for Canoeing the Boundry Waters
I use trail runners for paddling and chacos/flip flops for camp shoes. None of the portages are going to be over a mile (unless you are doing grand portage, and if you are, very tough!) so you won&...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Footwear Options for Canoeing the Boundry Waters
March 13, 3:13pm

Re: Carrying cured meats?
In my experience uncut salami will keep a couple of weeks at least. If the cut end goes bad, cut it off and underneath should still be good. Some meats tend to sweat more than others though which c...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Carrying cured meats?
March 13, 2:28pm

Re: Red meat is killing you
Here is a nice rebuttal - http://www.selfnourish.com/wordpress/?p=105 I mean, these people eating red meat, every day of the study, are they eating mcdonalds? If so, kinda biased statement to lu...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Red meat is killing you
March 12, 9:37pm

All Reader Reviews by j lan

j lan has posted no reviews.