BPL Community Profile

Jamie Shortt (jshortt) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Carolina
About Me I grew up in VA exploring and camping the woods around my house. As a teen in the 80's I learned how to backpack by reading books. Back then my pack weight was a respectable 27 lbs and I hit the woods every chance I got. Once adult life took over it was rare to take an overnighter. I faced several challenges during my middle age life and turned to the outdoors to restore me. As my knowledge and skills advanced, my base weight dropped to below 5 lbs. With this came a freedom that I had never experienced before.
CityHolly Springs
StateNC
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://www.LytW8.com
My PDF Gear ListJamie Shortt 3 Season Gear List - 4lb Base

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jamie Shortt

Showing 151 - 160 of 747 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...75

Forum » Thread

re: WTB: Kinsman Pullover Pattern
I can't say enough about the Kinsman kit. I'd encourage anyone who can sew to make one. The kit not only includes the shell material, insulation, and pattern, but it also includes the zippe...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Kinsman Pullover Pattern
May 18, 7:54pm

re: How do you guy out your flat tarp?
I have always had luck with a traditional A-frame pitch. Here is a picture of 5'x8' tarp, I think it is similiar to the Scout Tarp. I use 8 stakes and minimal cord. The rear corners are sta...

In GEAR » How do you guy out your flat tarp?
May 14, 5:24am

re: 24-Hour Gear Lists
Wow! What a set of submissions, each one is really great in so many different ways. The creativity shown is impressive. I am honored just to have my submission read by the judges. Eric, I really...

In Gear Lists » 24-Hour Gear Lists
May 13, 6:04am

re: Quilt Size
BM, I am 5'10" and weigh 160 lbs. The lytw8 dimensions fit me perfectly: 50" wide, 38" foot, 76" long. Remember these dimensions are flat panels and do include the seam allo...

In Make Your Own Gear » Quilt Size
May 12, 5:49pm

re: JRB Sierra Stealth?
The new Sierra Stealth is going to be a fantastic quilt. I have a regular stealth and it is one of my favoraite pieces, but a tad narrow in the shoulders and wide in the footbox. The Sierra version...

In GEAR » JRB Sierra Stealth?
May 12, 5:30pm

re: Summer Bag Recommendations??
For summer quilts I greatly prefer quilts that do not have permanent footboxes so the quilt can be laid out and my feet can stick out if I like. I have used warmer quilts in warmer temps and have h...

In GEAR » Summer Bag Recommendations??
April 29, 4:18pm

re: Minimalist Gear List
Jason, Thanks for the response. On the tabs I only used 4 since I started with 1 liter of water. Probably should have had one more liter of water to make sure I was well hydrated but I pushed since...

In Gear Lists » Minimalist Gear List
April 15, 5:25am

re: MYOG Quilt
R H, Response to questions sent in a PM. Take a look at this thread. Mat did exactly what you are looking to do as a first project. His quilt came out great. First_Quilt Jamie

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Quilt
April 15, 5:16am

re: Questions about Thru-hiker Quilt
I've put together some instructions the might help. Realize these are for sewn thru baffles with a draw cord footbox, but seeing another set my give another perspective. I'm not sure whe...

In Make Your Own Gear » Questions about Thru-hiker Quilt
April 15, 5:03am

re: Sub 5 lb list
Justin, The list looks tight. Great job! I'd say get those missing items and give it a try. I think you will find yourself surprisingly comfortable. Some things to consider.... * bear hang/...

In Gear Lists » Sub 5 lb list
April 14, 4:52am

All Reader Reviews by Jamie Shortt

Jamie Shortt has posted no reviews.