BPL Community Profile

Jamie Shortt (jshortt) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Carolina
About Me I grew up in VA exploring and camping the woods around my house. As a teen in the 80's I learned how to backpack by reading books. Back then my pack weight was a respectable 27 lbs and I hit the woods every chance I got. Once adult life took over it was rare to take an overnighter. I faced several challenges during my middle age life and turned to the outdoors to restore me. As my knowledge and skills advanced, my base weight dropped to below 5 lbs. With this came a freedom that I had never experienced before.
CityHolly Springs
StateNC
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://www.LytW8.com
My PDF Gear ListJamie Shortt 3 Season Gear List - 4lb Base

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jamie Shortt

Showing 151 - 160 of 746 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...75

Forum » Thread

re: How do you guy out your flat tarp?
I have always had luck with a traditional A-frame pitch. Here is a picture of 5'x8' tarp, I think it is similiar to the Scout Tarp. I use 8 stakes and minimal cord. The rear corners are sta...

In GEAR » How do you guy out your flat tarp?
May 14, 5:24am

re: 24-Hour Gear Lists
Wow! What a set of submissions, each one is really great in so many different ways. The creativity shown is impressive. I am honored just to have my submission read by the judges. Eric, I really...

In Gear Lists » 24-Hour Gear Lists
May 13, 6:04am

re: Quilt Size
BM, I am 5'10" and weigh 160 lbs. The lytw8 dimensions fit me perfectly: 50" wide, 38" foot, 76" long. Remember these dimensions are flat panels and do include the seam allo...

In Make Your Own Gear » Quilt Size
May 12, 5:49pm

re: JRB Sierra Stealth?
The new Sierra Stealth is going to be a fantastic quilt. I have a regular stealth and it is one of my favoraite pieces, but a tad narrow in the shoulders and wide in the footbox. The Sierra version...

In GEAR » JRB Sierra Stealth?
May 12, 5:30pm

re: Summer Bag Recommendations??
For summer quilts I greatly prefer quilts that do not have permanent footboxes so the quilt can be laid out and my feet can stick out if I like. I have used warmer quilts in warmer temps and have h...

In GEAR » Summer Bag Recommendations??
April 29, 4:18pm

re: Minimalist Gear List
Jason, Thanks for the response. On the tabs I only used 4 since I started with 1 liter of water. Probably should have had one more liter of water to make sure I was well hydrated but I pushed since...

In Gear Lists » Minimalist Gear List
April 15, 5:25am

re: MYOG Quilt
R H, Response to questions sent in a PM. Take a look at this thread. Mat did exactly what you are looking to do as a first project. His quilt came out great. First_Quilt Jamie

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Quilt
April 15, 5:16am

re: Questions about Thru-hiker Quilt
I've put together some instructions the might help. Realize these are for sewn thru baffles with a draw cord footbox, but seeing another set my give another perspective. I'm not sure whe...

In Make Your Own Gear » Questions about Thru-hiker Quilt
April 15, 5:03am

re: Sub 5 lb list
Justin, The list looks tight. Great job! I'd say get those missing items and give it a try. I think you will find yourself surprisingly comfortable. Some things to consider.... * bear hang/...

In Gear Lists » Sub 5 lb list
April 14, 4:52am

re: Minimalist Gear List
Daniel, Thanks for the detailed review. I think you nailed it. It's funny my inclination was to defend why I needed those things, but you are right. I would have been fine without them. I would...

In Gear Lists » Minimalist Gear List
April 13, 8:15pm

All Reader Reviews by Jamie Shortt

Jamie Shortt has posted no reviews.