Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John Harper (johnnyh88) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The SouthWest
About Me John Harper has not added a biography yet.
CountryUnited States
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Harper

Showing 151 - 160 of 1005 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...101

Forum » Thread

Re: John, how well would this work for groundcloths and bathtub floors?
If you use something underneath (like polycryo), it would probably be fine. I would not recommend using it without something underneath. The material is plenty strong to handle wind gusts and su...

In Gear Swap » FS: 9 Yards of Argon Silnylon
January 10, 7:50pm

Re: argon
This is Argon Silnylon - it is different than the breathable Argon fabric. The Argon Silnylon fabric is waterproof and NOT breathable. It weighs approx 1.1 oz/square yard.

January 10, 7:26pm

FS: 9 Yards of Argon Silnylon
EDIT: Sold! I have 9 yards of Argon Silnylon I'd like to sell. I purchased it new several months ago with the intention of using it for a couple of small flat tarps, but I haven't gotten...

January 10, 5:02pm

FS: SMD Flight 40
EDIT: Sold! I'm selling my SMD Flight 40. It was purchased new in October 2014 and has been used for approx 100 trail miles. This is perhaps one of the most comfortable and stable backpacks ...

In Gear Swap » FS: SMD Flight 40
January 10, 1:28pm

Re: Size Requirements?
Thanks, that is interesting to see. I am thinking now that it would probably be too small and I'd be happier going with something larger, particularly when the inside walls are covered in frost...

In Make Your Own Gear » L-Shaped Inner for DuoMid for 1 + Dog
January 10, 12:27pm

Re: Re: L-Shaped Inner for DuoMid for 1 + Dog
I forgot about that tent - it was the Mountain Hardwear Sprite 1. So my idea is similar to that, but with more room and in a pyramid tarp. I may do a plastic tarp mockup this weekend. I'm al...

January 10, 9:28am

Re: Re: L-Shaped Inner for DuoMid for 1 + Dog
I guess a rectangular inner could work, but it would be hard getting in and out with one corner bunched up. I am not sure what people do with the duo inner net when it is raining. Maybe it's no...

January 09, 7:26pm

L-Shaped Inner for DuoMid for 1 + Dog
Hi All, I've been using a large hex pyramid tarp for my dog and I. It works well, but I would really like something with a smaller footprint that is simpler to setup. So, I am thinking o...

January 09, 6:01pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: BPL Reacts to distasteful ad complaints
All my BPL dating ads are about Russian women. Ken and RJ should go backpacking together. The two of them for a week in the Sierras would be great. Maybe Roger Caffin could join so he could fi...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » BPL Reacts to distasteful ad complaints
January 09, 4:06pm

Re: Re: Shelter help needed
I think the Skyscape from SMD would be terrible in rainy weather. How can you open the door or exit without rain entering? For solo use, I think Jennifer's recommendation of the MLD DuoMid...

In GEAR » Shelter help needed
January 09, 12:22pm

All Reader Reviews by John Harper

John Harper has posted no reviews.