BPL Community Profile

Jon Leibowitz (jleeb) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale 4Corners
About Me Jon Leibowitz has not added a biography yet.
CityDolores
StateCO
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://thewildperspective.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jon Leibowitz

Showing 151 - 160 of 299 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...30

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Dark Canyon
Yeah. The zpacks 20 degree performed great. I didn't have a thermometer with me but I don't think it dropped below the high 20s on our trip. I do need to get used to sleeping with my head e...

In Post-Trip Reports » Dark Canyon
November 02, 11:19pm

Wonderful!
Loved the trip report! I lived in Vermont for 5 years and the Long Trail is what started my love for backpacking! I laughed at your report because having grown up on the east coast and now living...

In Post-Trip Reports » Vermont's Long Trail
October 22, 8:22pm

Dark Canyon
After a failed trip to Coyote Gulch in September due to floods, my buddy Derek and I decided we had better give Utah another go this backpacking season. While Coyote Gulch is still on the radar, w...

In Post-Trip Reports » Dark Canyon
October 22, 7:21pm

weather
I can't speak for that specific route, but I just got back from Dark Canyon about 2 hours ago (Sundance Trail). The weather was phenomenal and incredibly, the cottonwoods are still about 2 wee...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Dark Canyon: Allen route
October 20, 6:19pm

re: Deet
Not everyone will agree with this, but I'd rather leave ALL of the Deet at home and just wear long sleeves and pants combined with lightweight gloves and a bug net when it gets real bad. You c...

In Gear Lists » 3-season gear list, want to lose some weight
October 14, 7:32am

wool...yummm
For real cold weather hikes/snowshoe/etc I use a heavy and incredibly warm wool beanie from LL Bean. I also wear my OR sunhat under the beanie for face protection. Can't beat it!

In GEAR » Your favorite Warm Hat; Favorite Warm sun hat/system
October 14, 7:26am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Anyone use this through this summer season?
That's a shame. Looks like Luke's silnylon with armpit zippers is the winner.

In GEAR » Sierra Designs Cloud Airshell 4 ounce raincoat
October 14, 7:22am

Re: Re: Anyone use this through this summer season?
What aspect is not durable? Did you snag it? Did it rip at the shoulders from your pack? Zipper?

October 12, 7:25pm

Anyone use this through this summer season?
Anyone use this extensively this summer? Thoughts? I don't care much about the breathability issue as I don't sweat much. I'm more curious about how waterproof it is.

October 11, 6:25pm

hmm..OR
Thank you all for your opinions and experiences. The OR Helium II sure looks nice. That jacket wasn't even on my radar. And really...it's only about .5 ounces more than my DriDucks. hmm...

In GEAR » SilNylon vs Cuben rain jackets
October 11, 4:45pm

All Reader Reviews by Jon Leibowitz

Jon Leibowitz has posted no reviews.