BPL Community Profile

Jason Brinkman (jbrinkmanboi) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Idaho
About Me I backpack, hike, raft, hunt, fish, mountain bike, ski, snowshoe, trail run, etc.
CityBoise
StateIdaho
CountryUnited States
My PDF Gear ListRocky Mountain Summer 3-day Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jason Brinkman

Showing 151 - 160 of 499 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...50

Forum » Thread

Re:"Which One?" (pillow)
I am another satisfied Montbell pillow user. I use a buff (tubular bandana) as a SUL pillow cover. I also have an inflatable pillow that I made by cutting and resealing the end of a 5L POE WxTe...

In GEAR » Which One?
June 09, 11:25pm

Re: What's in your first aid kit?
I will have to dig my kit to list exactly what is in there, but it is basically a customized Adventure Medical UL 0.5 with a final weight of 6 ounces. I have taken a FA/CPR/AED course here and t...

In Philosophy & Technique » What's in your first aid kit?
June 09, 11:14pm

How about your Sub-10 list
Sub-1 has been interesting, and sub-5 is pretty educational, but how about a thread for the rest of the UL community? I believe that RJ considers a 10 lb base weight to be the UL cutoff. So let...

In Gear Lists » How about your Sub-10 list
June 09, 4:48pm

Re: I may go with an Oware cattarp
I have been yearning for an Oware Cattarp 1.5 lately, but we will see how my current project comes out. I call mine the G-wing (two sizes longer than the E-wing!). Not sure about the loose mate...

In GEAR » Anyone have/tried the new MSR E-wing?
June 09, 1:06pm

Re: Poncho Tarp for couples
I would not feel comfortable under a single poncho tarp with a second person, no matter how cozy I am with them. I think you need a little wider setup for two. I would want at least a 7'x9...

In GEAR » Poncho Tarp for couples
June 09, 12:57pm

Re: AquaMira tips for a Newbie?
In theory the dose could be reduced for longer detention time, but not sure what you are really saving there. However, dose would not necessarily be a linear relationship with time - example 1/2 d...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » AquaMira tips for a Newbie?
June 09, 12:51pm

Re: Bivys on the AT
I have no experience on the AT, and little experience in warm humid locales with a bivy, but I do own a TiGoat Ptarmigan bivy. It seems to breathe as well as anything that I have used, including m...

In Philosophy & Technique » Bivys on the AT
June 09, 1:10am

Carving up a BushBuddy -- Calmer Tone
One possible conclusion that you could draw from this discussion is that you can theoretically add a fan to a BB and thereby melt the entire unit (the BB that is, not just the fan). The lesson...

In GEAR » Bushbuddy Ultra
June 09, 12:50am

Solar still the lightest?
Ha! Never would have thought of the solar still! But wouldn't you need something to dig with? Or are you going to claw a giant hole in the earth with your bare hands? Perhaps we should rev...

In GEAR » lightest technique to improve water taste?
June 08, 9:29pm

Re: sale
Forgot to come back here and mention it, but OWF owners said that they had a supplier lined up for eVENT, but that they couldn't justify having it in inventory. Apparently they could only get ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Event Fabric
June 08, 9:19pm

All Reader Reviews by Jason Brinkman

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lite my fire firesteel scout firelighter
I've had zero problems with my Firesteel. It always throws a reliable and predictably shaped spark fan. Lights stoves or fires easily. Lighting a fire does require a dry tinder material (found ...

In Cookware - Other
July 24, 10:18am

REI Minimalist Bivy Sack
I picked up a REI Minimalist Bivy in size long to try out. The long also has added girth, which is great. I slept in it twice in my backyard proving ground. Both times were clear, low humidity night...

In Shelters - Bivy Sacks
May 09, 11:53pm

clif shot bloks/jelly belly sport beans various flavors
Tried the Shot Bloks (pina colada and black cherry) for the first time on a trip in Hells Canyon last weekend. I found the texture and flavor to be VERY appealing, and the calorie density is acceptab...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
May 09, 11:26pm

Black Diamond Spire Elliptical Trekking Poles
I was intrigued by these initially because of the ellipical shafts - definitely seem stronger/stiffer on the principle axis than comparable weight round poles. I was willing to live with the 20 oz pe...

In Trekking Poles
February 28, 11:57pm