BPL Community Profile

Inaki Diaz de Etura (inaki) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Iberia highlands
About Me Inaki Diaz de Etura has not added a biography yet.
My Website URLhttp://www.viajarapie.info

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Inaki Diaz de Etura

Showing 151 - 160 of 333 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...34

Forum » Thread

Re: Hex 3 Skirt
I tuck the skirt under the floor so no problem with clipping but then the problem is tensioning the floor out to the ground stakes :) which is also part of the fiddle factor I mentioned. The seal a...

In GEAR » Hex 3 Skirts
November 04, 7:20am

Hex 3 Skirts
not gonna add anything really new to what's already been said but just tell my recent experience after I added the net skirt to my Hex3 last summer. I was asking around here about optimal lengt...

In GEAR » Hex 3 Skirts
November 03, 5:44pm

Re: Importance of diverisfying insulation types
the real problem I see with down is if it gets really soaked when the down clusters clump together and you're left with basically two layers of nylon. Down has very little structural integrity....

In GEAR » Importance of diverisfying insulation types
September 14, 7:31am

Re: Re: PU membranes and coatings
I know the options but I'm just curious. It's still a relevant question as most of the WP/B market, as far as I know, is still PU technology. Which leads me to another question I'm curi...

In GEAR » PU membranes and coatings
September 08, 10:18am

Re: Re: PU membranes and coatings
I'm aware of all the stuff about Gore-tex, eVent and PU laminates (basically through those old BPL articles) but what I wonder now is about PU itself. Like a traditional, PU coated tent fly, is...

September 07, 10:50am

PU membranes and coatings
I'm used to think of monolithic PU membranes as (barely) breathable stuff while the coatings render the fabrics just plain waterproof, non-breathable, is this technically correct? PU membran...

September 07, 8:57am

Changing Shelters - Go with a Pyramid?
Oversize the pyramid and use the entrance area as a vestibule that can get wet. With a clipped (or, in general, now sewn in) full-coverage floor sheet you can fold it back to expose the ground wher...

In GEAR » Changing Shelters - Go with a Pyramid?
August 27, 8:36am

Length of noseeum skirt for Hex3
Trying to turn the Hex3 bug proof I'm about sewing a noseeum skirt all around and just wonder about the optimal length for the skirt. I guess 15" final lenght should be fine but if someone...

In Make Your Own Gear » Length of noseeum skirt for Hex3
June 17, 11:34am

(Not only pad) straps
Pad straps? They're not necessarily meant to work with the pad. One of the key aspects about these quilts is the adjustable girth and the straps help with that. I use them all the time but neve...

In GEAR » Nunatak Quilts
May 04, 6:51am

Re: Biking rain booties
not really about the MYOG part but since there's discussion about function... Borrowing from the hiking, I prefer to use waterproof socks and let my shoes get wet. I use non-breathable, PU-nyl...

In Make Your Own Gear » Biking rain booties
May 03, 10:29am

All Reader Reviews by Inaki Diaz de Etura

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Golite Hex 3
Not a full review but just a small addition on what's already been said regarding winter use. While skis make for wonderful stakes on deep snow, unfortunately the tie out loops at the end of the 6 mai...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
January 18, 7:47am

Nunatak Arc Ghost
I was torn between Ghost and Alpinist before ordering and eventually ordered something in between, quite like the former X from BMW. It has the loft of the Ghost with the dimensions of the Alpinist an...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
September 05, 11:08am