Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 151 - 160 of 7194 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...720

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: re
"BPL has not always been the best place to criticize the cottage "darlings" in the absence of OVERWHELMING experience. Just sayin." Unfortunately you're right for too man...

In Chaff » Long Distance Hiking has no Brand
February 11, 10:29am

Re: Re: Long Distance Hiking has no Brand
I've never read her blog, so my comments are specifically about the linked post. From that single post (which may not be a fair representation of her larger body of work, I realize that), I wou...

In Chaff » Long Distance Hiking has no Brand
February 11, 10:01am

Yellowstone grizzlies exiting winter hibernation early amid mild weather
(Reuters) - Grizzly bears at Yellowstone National Park are emerging from winter hibernation weeks earlier than normal because of the arrival of spring-like weather, with warmer-than-usual temperatu...

In On the Web » Yellowstone grizzlies exiting winter hibernation early amid mild weather
February 10, 8:28pm

Re: Jackets for a survival course
This one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007NXCTU6/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=1944687502&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B008O7OQY2&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_...

In GEAR » Jackets for a survival course
February 10, 8:06pm

Re: Re: Re: Animals
I think it's important to be fair. I once dressed my pup up for halloween. She didn't like it. So I let her dress me up the next year. She dressed me up like a rabbit. Then chased me all ov...

In On the Web » Your dog is not a human being. Stop treating her like one
February 10, 5:37pm

Re: Re: Re: Your dog is not a human being. Stop treating her like one
"Every day I come home, I'm treated like a rock star by my dogs. They also think the litter box is an AYCE buffet." So, if I understand you correctly, you're saying that when y...

February 10, 4:45pm

Re: Re: Where to learn self-arrest
The last link that James provided, from her website: Topics include: Walking with the axe, ice axe self-belay, ice axe self-arrest (from all positions), crampons boot fit and adjustment, walking...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Where to learn self-arrest
February 10, 4:00pm

Re: Where to learn self-arrest
This is a good video to get an idea of what you want to learn and practice. http://blog.alpineinstitute.com/2014/06/self-arrest-techniques.html

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Where to learn self-arrest
February 10, 3:57pm

Re: Nonsensical
Not sure I get you Allen. How is it nonsense that seeing them for what they aren't is a failure to see them for what they are?

February 10, 2:53pm

Your dog is not a human being. Stop treating her like one
Good article. From the article: "Seeing your dog as a 'little-furry-human' isn't necessarily wrong," says Roland, who is a proponent of positive relationships between people a...

February 10, 10:56am

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am