BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 151 - 160 of 6610 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...661

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I do not disagree with you guys at all ;)
"Hearing one another out and not resorting to name calling or other accusations is a rare and beautiful thing these days." Oh heck, I've been calling Ian all kinds of names, I'...

In Chaff » The real reasons why Israel is bombing Palestine
August 06, 2:58pm

Re: Re: Paradox/Seek Outside Unaweep-bear canister
Weird, I thought I just posted this but it doesn't show up, so I'll try again: The thing I like about the Unaweep (at least the 4800) is that I can easily fit a Bearikade Weekender in ho...

In GEAR » Paradox/SeekOutside Unaweep Pics
August 06, 1:29pm

Re: I do not disagree with you guys at all ;)
"So I do get it - but if you do a bit of research on the 20th century history of the creation of the state of Israel it is quite apparent, without bias, that Palestinians have been getting the...

August 06, 12:47pm

Re: The goldstone report
"Why is it "biased" to speak out against the attempted genocide and annihilation of a people?" Well, you didn't ask me, but I'll offer an answer. Bias isn't speak...

August 06, 11:01am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: link
"i get a strong sense that you have a lot of personal respect for, Doug, Kat, and Tom, whom very much differ with your perspective on this issue" Actually, I get the sense that Ian and...

August 06, 10:51am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: link
Here's another interesting article. It covers a lot of ground. Two paragraphs stood out to me: "Many liberal American Jews, opposed to the settlements and put off by Israel’s rising r...

August 06, 8:00am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: link
"Which is a great description of Salon ironically enough. Sure there are some great articles you can cherry pick from between the "How Fox News Ruined My Dad's Life" and "Th...

August 06, 7:06am

Re: Re: Side pockets
"but hard to tell without trying it." Also a function of arm length, I think. Philip has no trouble reaching the bottles on his, I can't reach the bottles very comfortably, if at a...

August 05, 8:59pm

Re: Side pockets
"On my Zpacks Arc Blast, the tops of the side pockets slant forward, and it's easy just to reach back (whilst wearing the pack) to remove or insert a bottle." Ralph, take a look at...

August 05, 8:48pm

Re: death by plastic - huge thread drift just because i can
Okay, not plastic bottles, but plastic wrap. So I saw on the internet somewhere an old magazine with a story on how the 50s (I think) woman could be a good wife and different things she could do...

In GEAR » Time to panic
August 05, 8:45pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am