Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 151 - 160 of 6981 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...699

Forum » Thread

Re: Weblock
For iOS, try the Mercury Pro web browser, available on the app store. It has AdBlock built in (but it's off by default, you have to go to settings and turn it on). Works great.

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Ad blocker for mobile devices
January 02, 8:30pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Weird ads
You're lucky, all I get are ads for Metamucil and AARP....

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Ad blocker for mobile devices
January 02, 7:56pm

Large Carnivores Getting Comfy in Europe
http://www.scientificamerican.com/podcast/episode/large-carnivores-getting-comfy-in-europe/

In On the Web » Large Carnivores Getting Comfy in Europe
January 02, 7:08pm

Re: nope
i have a tyvek boot cover, comes up to your mid calf, has a rubberized bottom. The sole is about a foot long. If you think that would work, PM me your address and I'll mail you a pair.

In GEAR » Tyvek shoe/boot covers?
January 01, 7:38pm

Web crawling on New Years day
Hungover? Then please, have a look, but keep a bucket nearby... http://www.wired.com/2014/01/bug-meal-photos#slideid-593042 Okay, drones are bad and all. Except when they're not. Like her...

In On the Web » Web crawling on New Years day
January 01, 8:35am

Re: Resolutions for 2015?
Thanks to this piece, I think I'll reread the Constitution, and get better engaged, in 2015.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Resolutions for 2015?
January 01, 8:10am

Re: 2015
Really, I'm looking forward to using my 'old' current gear, something I did precious little of in 2014. I did get that Berghaus reversible jacket, looking forward to testing that out.

In GEAR » 2015
January 01, 7:30am

Re: Re: Nose ring
"Maybe that's when my manners and morals left me ;)" Nah, I like to think that happened when you met me. I have that effect on people....

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Thinking of Places to Move to - Colorado, Utah, Oregon,...?
December 31, 6:40pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Thinking of Places to Move to - Colorado, Utah, Oregon,...?
"I have had my nose ring for well over 30 years and I seem to be doing fine," The queen of links has a nose ring. There's a poetic symmetry to that..... I still think John shoul...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Thinking of Places to Move to - Colorado, Utah, Oregon,...?
December 31, 6:21pm

Re: Re: Volumetrically Dense Food?
Looks fabulous. Care to share the recipe?

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Volumetrically Dense Food?
December 31, 12:59pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am