BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 151 - 160 of 6525 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...653

Forum » Thread

Re: Yellowstone closed?
Here: http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-yellowstone-melted-road-20140711-story.html

In Chaff » Yellowstone closed?
July 13, 7:43am

But ... but ... my talking points! What about my talking points!
"In fact, most research today finds that immigrants, including undocumented ones, are less prone to crime than are native-born Americans. " more here: http://reason.com/archives/2014/0...

In Chaff » But ... but ... my talking points! What about my talking points!
July 12, 7:47pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: RE: What gear makes you happy
"Well, Ian... not sure what LNT means" For you, it seems it means long nights touching- on your solo trips.....

In GEAR » What gear makes you happy?
July 11, 10:03pm

Re: PM issues
and here I thought you were going to tell us about your post-menopausal issues....

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » PM issues
July 11, 8:04pm

Myth of the Moderate Voter
Interesting article. From the article: There is no creature more revered in American politics than the moderate voter. Unlike the ideologues and partisans destroying politics, the moderate is fr...

In Chaff » Myth of the Moderate Voter
July 11, 7:25pm

Re: Thrift stores.
I'm at the other end of the spectrum. I'm the guy who enables the rest of you to find great deals at thrift stores....

In GEAR » Thrift stores.
July 11, 10:39am

Re: Re: Bay Area GGG Host
"I had quite a few people who had attended previous ones express that the group was too big and the "family intimacy" had been lost" I'm one of those folks. Not right or ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Bay Area GGG Host
July 11, 9:09am

Re: Re: Obamacare
Interesting poll on the Affordable Care Act in NYTimes today From the story: What was more surprising is that people who got the new coverage were generally happy with the product. Overall, 73 p...

In Chaff » Obamacare...the real world
July 10, 12:07pm

Re: whole foods
If you're going to Whole Foods, look for Rise bars. Very tasty, and minimal ingredients, which I appreciate. They have protein bars and energy bars for different needs.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » pro bar
July 10, 11:53am

Re: Re: PNW GGG
Sounds fun. Would I have to wear a tutu?

In Pre-Trip Planning » Anyone up for a Western Washington UL GGG?
July 09, 2:32pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am