BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 151 - 160 of 6504 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...651

Forum » Thread

Re: "Light" Beer!!
I assume this would work with, say, a widemouth water bottle of the type I usually carry?

In GEAR » Pat's Backcountry Beer...
July 04, 9:01am

Re: Re: Treading lightly
"Doesn't the dog get one?" Trust me, she's already been on it....

In Other Activities » Treading lightly
July 03, 6:44pm

Re: right
Alright Michael, no fair being reasonable, cut that sh!t out....

In Chaff » She throws like a girl!
July 03, 5:19pm

Re: re:
"Even if, as Michael seems to insist, men are inherently better than women in all meaningful athletic activities, that argument shouldn't be used to dissuade girls from fulfilling their ow...

July 03, 3:03pm

Re: Cold oatmeal replacement for quick breakfast
I'm a fan of 'purely elizabeth' granola, add some extra nuts/fruits if needed, when eating dry. Also a fan of Superfood oat-based cereal, but you'd have to repackage as they come...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Cold oatmeal replacement for quick breakfast
July 03, 2:50pm

Re: re:
Why. men even dominate the Nathan's hot dog eating contest.... .

July 03, 2:31pm

Science Graphic of the Week: A Dizzying 3-D Animation of Hurricane Arthur’s Thunderheads
This is pretty cool. From Wired.com - Science Graphic of the Week: A Dizzying 3-D Animation of Hurricane Arthur’s Thunderheads It includes this as a wild animated gif (animated gif was too lar...

In On the Web » Science Graphic of the Week: A Dizzying 3-D Animation of Hurricane Arthur’s Thunderheads
July 03, 2:08pm

Re: Most any food has a carbon footprint
Interesting story I just read on this: http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2014/07/how-bad-is-meat-for-the-planet/373771/ includes the following chart:

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Question: Your Energy Lifestyle and Backpacking
July 03, 12:25pm

Treading lightly
I sit at a computer all day. I play on the computer (web surfing) in the evening. Lots of sitting. Far too much sitting. Especially after recently reading the report on the research showing not onl...

In Other Activities » Treading lightly
July 03, 11:32am

Re: ***WARNING***Lady Stuff--DivaCup Questions***WARNING***
My girlfriend just uses esbit and marshmallows. Seems to work.....

In GEAR » ***WARNING***Lady Stuff--DivaCup Questions***WARNING***
July 03, 7:37am

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am