BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 151 - 160 of 6131 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...614

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How do you deal with disappointment?
""I deserve good things, I am entitled to my share of happiness. I refuse to beat myself up. I am an attractive person. I am fun to be with."" Well, four out of five is prett...

In Chaff » How do you deal with disappointment?
February 19, 3:10pm

Re: Re: How do you deal with disappointment?
"Most things are a disappointment, This is what makes the sweet things in life so sweet. ... Like Doug." Hmmmm, I prefer to assume you're relating me to the second part of that sen...

In Chaff » How do you deal with disappointment?
February 19, 7:44am

Sharing...
Not really UL food, for the most part, but I've come across some very, very tasty stuff recently and thought I'd share: The Hope Hummus is fabulous, the Red Pepper Balsamic paired with t...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Sharing...
February 18, 7:01pm

Re: How Many Pairs of Socks Do You Carry?
I'm a wuss. On any trip lasting more than 3 days, I carry two pair, as I have one just for sleeping.

In GEAR » How Many Pairs of Socks Do You Carry?
February 18, 6:21pm

Re: Rock ______ ????
hiker leg, of course, wearing a WM expedition bootie....

In Chaff » Rock Face?
February 18, 6:15pm

Re: boots must always be available
"E collars are only used when the dog is happy. They are only used to reinforce positive behavior. I suggest you take a psychology 101 course to learn the definitions of positive and negative ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Packing with Dogs
February 18, 5:29pm

Re: C'mon Doug....you know you wanna...
"C'mon Doug....you know you wanna..." You're just making it too easy now....

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Packing with Dogs
February 18, 5:14pm

Re: Neoair xlite regular
That's a great deal. If you don't need the extra R-value of the XTherm, I'd jump on John's offer!

In Gear Swap » WTB: NeoAir (Full Length 66"-72")
February 18, 5:10pm

Re: 3/4" OD
Thanks much!

In GEAR » Instaflator tubing size?
February 18, 5:08pm

Instaflator tubing size?
I have an instaflator, but lost the small piece of plastic tube that allows it to work with NeoAirs. Does anyone know what size tubing I need to look for at Home Depot? Thanks.

In GEAR » Instaflator tubing size?
February 18, 4:40pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am