Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 151 - 160 of 7464 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...747

Forum » Thread

Re: Vengeful fox
Your shoes must smell like, you know....

In Chaff » Vengeful fox
May 18, 5:06pm

Re: Re: Dean Potter dies in yosemite
How glorious it is - and also how painful - to be an exception. - Alfred de Musset

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Dean Potter dies in yosemite
May 18, 12:07pm

Re: RE: Re: Re: Re: I always carry bear spray
"They packed up and left." What some people won't do to get a camping spot all to themselves....

In GEAR » Another bear attack. Should I get some spray?
May 17, 6:02pm

Re: Sinn Sisamouth
Good stuff Craig, as always. What radio station was your compatriot listening to that plays stuff like this?

In Chaff » Sinn Sisamouth
May 17, 5:51pm

Re: WTB: Patagonia Tropic Comfort Hoody
Googled my fingers off, can't come up with one, sorry. Is the only difference the pocket, or are there other differences between Gen I and II?

In Gear Swap » WTB: Patagonia Tropic Comfort Hoody
May 16, 9:24pm

Re: Re: BPL is changing
Well, in that case, I'd better put on some boots that are made for walking....

In Chaff » BPL is changing
May 16, 7:26pm

Re: Re: BPL is changing
True. If only we learned from our history... (BTW-love the hand twirly thing that used to pass for dancing! :-)

In Chaff » BPL is changing
May 16, 5:29pm

RIP BB King
I had the immense pleasure of seeing him in concert in Germany around 1992 while I was stationed there. Amazing show, and he was perhaps the most crowd friendly entertainer I ever saw. One of my...

In Chaff » RIP BB King
May 15, 8:56pm

Re: re:gps
"There was a Feb thread here about winter GPS, and I think someone mentioned there are two classes of batteries rated for different temperature ranges" That was about PLBs, not general...

In GEAR » GPS
May 15, 4:18pm

Re: RE:
"I don't want to taunt bears, but I don't want to hike in disneyland either." You don't think there are bears in Disneyland? Sadly mistaken. I wonder how many other Disneyl...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » ‘The bear hunted him': B.C. camper killed by black bear didn’t stand a chance
May 15, 11:44am

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am