Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Steve S (idahosteve) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Idaho
About Me Left the climbing arena recently, and am now lightening my load in anticipation of wandering all over the high country!
StateIdaho
My Website URLhttp://www.getlostoffroad.com
My PDF Gear Listshr gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Steve S

Showing 151 - 160 of 286 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...29

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: techniques inTOPO! : Map & Data Book Method
Brett, this is fantastic ! I spend an enormous amount of time in TOPO, have used it to publish my guidebook, and use if for all trips. I've got 6 states right now, LOL Ive been strugglin...

In Philosophy & Technique » techniques inTOPO! : Map & Data Book Method
May 11, 9:08pm

topo update
Bob, I think that TOPO has a driver that is a free download that will update your version to the 4.0 ver.

In Philosophy & Technique » techniques inTOPO! : Map & Data Book Method
May 11, 9:01pm

SHR logistics & re-supply questions
Hey everyone, we are looking for some more specific info with regards to our upcoming SHR trip. We have all the info we need with regards to the physical trip, ie maps, terrain et al, but now we ar...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » SHR logistics & re-supply questions
May 04, 9:03pm

Its a wrap!
Today I brought 52 birds into a small local processor for butchering. It was an incredible learning experience! I spoke with some other chicken farmers, and was impressed by the desire and passion ...

In Chaff » Any backyard chicken farmers out there?
April 30, 9:48pm

tea kettles
Thanks for the links. They were helpful. I measured my gram weenie and I have been getting aluminum spray bottles at the dollar store for, you guessed it, one dollar, and they are awesome for makin...

In GEAR » "new" REI Tea Kettle
April 29, 3:21pm

"new" REI Tea Kettle
I was in REI yesterday picking up my bear cannister; they had to order it in, as they don't stock them here?! I was checking out the Ti cook pots as I am trying to find a better fit for my gram...

In GEAR » "new" REI Tea Kettle
April 29, 8:06am

Bruneau River trip report
Don't know if my trip report worked or not, so I'm going to go ahead and post it here: The Art of Self Rescue “Ted” you have to get up and move your t...

In Post-Trip Reports » Self Rescue on the Bruneau River
April 21, 7:56pm

chickens almost ready
well, my broiler project is almost at the point where we get to partake of the fruits of my labors! the little eating machines are scheduled for processing on April 30. They are almost all ready a...

In Chaff » Any backyard chicken farmers out there?
April 20, 6:31pm

Self Rescue on the Bruneau River
Hey, just did a trip down the Bruneau River here in the desert of Idaho. It turned out quite a bit different than what we expected! I've got the full trip report on my web site at www.getlos...

In Post-Trip Reports » Self Rescue on the Bruneau River
April 20, 6:25pm

this Bear Cannister thing...
Ok, looks like I'm going to have to come in from the woods, and learn about these plastic bottles that the bears in Cali like to try and suck on.... With some upcoming plans for this summer ...

In GEAR » this Bear Cannister thing...
April 07, 1:50pm

All Reader Reviews by Steve S

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Snow Peak LiteMax
I decided to go with the cannister stove out of familarity instead of alcohol. I'm a new UL user, transitioning from a technical climbing background. The old MSR gas stoves were our mainstay for m...

In Stoves - Canister
July 12, 8:39am