BPL Community Profile

HK Newman (hknewman) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Western US
About Me Started backpacking about 98. Semi-retired from a govt type job working on the side. Here to hike more comfortably and maybe a bit faster iot experience scenic hikes. Done with my 20F kit, .. starting on a 45F one (both interchangable UL to semi SUL whatever that is).

Gear list was for 3 days but made it almost as a "24-hour" adventure (like 25 hours) using the Z-pack
Statethe West is the Best
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListEver changing gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by HK Newman

Showing 151 - 160 of 990 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...99

Forum » Thread

Re: WTB: ULA Circuit Packs
nm

In Gear Swap » WTB - ULA Circuit packs
November 20, 12:33pm

FS: Exped Downmat 7UL , new never used, hand pump
NO INTEREST

In Gear Swap » FS: Exped Downmat 7UL short (64"), new never used, hand pump $120
November 19, 8:41am

Natural vs. synthetic
Most clothing for daily wear tends to favor some sort of natural fiber (excluding the 1970's Ron Burgundy type polyester suits from Anchorman), whereas outdoor clothing has progressed into synt...

In GEAR » Balancing vanity, utility, and economy
November 18, 4:36pm

Re: Serious problems with cell phone 911 call locations
After finishing a Point Reyes backpack in late 2010, I turned on my cell phone driving towards Fairfax CA and was shocked with a "no service" in the northern part of the Bay Area. Maybe...

In GEAR » Serious problems with cell phone 911 call locations
November 18, 10:50am

Re: Any Enigma Quilt Reports???
I received my 20F (reg, long) Enigma recently and used it this past weekend ...but the low was only in the mid- 30's. I was pretty hot and let the sides loose( but I sleep hot ... but I went t...

In GEAR » Any Enigma Reports???
November 18, 8:34am

Apache Kid wilderness 24 (a sleet filled gear test .. lightweight, trad, and superheavy)
Friday, I got away for a quick 24 hour trip (due to work) to the Apache Kid wilderness between Albuquerque NM and Las Cruces NM. It is a seldom visited wilderness area and about 30 minutes on grav...

In Post-Trip Reports » Apache Kid wilderness 24 (a sleet filled gear test .. lightweight, trad, and superheavy)
November 17, 5:32pm

Southbound CDT Thru
Definitely good stuff. As for spending more time in each, been thinking it might be worth getting a vehicle, parking it at the TH at each, … the Gila, San Juan's, etc.. and spending several ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Southbound CDT Thru
November 17, 4:53pm

Re: Shires podcast
If it was the same podcast, there was also a concern over the premium price for Cuben and worries about a material that did not have a bit of "give". Maybe the latter has been resolved w...

In GEAR » ZPacks Hexamid Solplex
November 14, 8:22pm

Re: Colorado trail in mid-aug to September??
Along this same thread, is there an advantage to doing a CT thru-hike SOBO vs. NOBO in late summer? It would seem going from Durango to Denver would be easier logistically*. Already did the basic...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Colorado trail in mid-aug to September??
November 14, 8:41am

Re: Traversing the Adirondacks by Foot and Packraft
Great article showcasing a place I thought was simply flat lakes.(Ack! make that flat lands)

In Editor's Roundtable » Traversing the Adirondacks by Foot and Packraft
November 13, 8:39pm

All Reader Reviews by HK Newman

HK Newman has posted no reviews.