Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Hk Newman (hknewman) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Western US
About Me Mostly 2 to 3 day loops, with a couple weeklong trips too, ... thinking about multi-week.

I'll update my gear list tomorrow ...
CityThe Gila
StateNM
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListEver changing gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hk Newman

Showing 151 - 160 of 1465 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...147

Forum » Thread

Re: Zimmerbuilt
Great packs. What are you using the top pockets for? (yeah, extra features add to the cost - was thinking of smaller, flatter pockets for mitt shells on a winter version of a Zimmerbuilt)

In GEAR » Zimmerbuilt pack
February 03, 9:42am

ended
sent to a site that rhymes with FleaWay

In Gear Swap » North Face Triumph anorak XL New w/tags
February 03, 9:28am

Yo-Yo of the PCT (#1 by female re: article)
Solo yo-yo of the PCT after her hiking partner and husband got injured: http://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/people/a-walk-on-the-wild-side-meet-the-first-woman-to-yoyo-the-pacific-crest-tra...

In On the Web » Irishtimes: Yo-Yo of the PCT (first by female according to article)
February 02, 1:59pm

Fuzzy fleece, constant changes, and the Michelin man
I'm pretty much done with wind-whatever soft-shells after they couldn't repair it. I did snowshoe a bit in the LW R4 and the temp was fine as it was just lightly snowing ... just did not li...

In GEAR » Patagonia Nano Air™ Review - A New Genre
January 30, 10:31pm

Wind-bloc
Eric: My Wind-bloc LW R4 (less fuzzy than reg R4) had a decent temp range dependent on base-layer, but had to be constantly fiddled with. The Pata employee said great for resort slopes as a snowb...

In GEAR » Patagonia Nano Air™ Review - A New Genre
January 30, 10:21pm

Patagonia lightweight travel pack
They made a minimalistic pack at 26L ($79 new though they are out of stock currently) that would stuff in its own smallish lid. Some daisy chains probably for trek poles. Do not want to overstuff...

In GEAR » City travel 30L packs?
January 29, 1:52pm

Mortgage interest deduction extended to yachts
The U.S. mortgage interest deduction is extended to yachts. Note it probably doesn't help that couple buying a starter home: http://nytimes.com/2014/03/27/opinion/kristof-a-nation-of-takers...

In Chaff » Are You in That 1%??
January 29, 9:27am

"North Face Triumph anorak XL New w/tags"
ended see other posts

January 29, 8:54am

ended
Art: Bought it new about a year ago, maybe 1.5 yrs from REI, I believe ... could have been Summithut in Tucson. ended // see others

January 28, 1:16pm

Re: Getting away from shells
Depends on the circumstance. After overheating in a Pata H2No Torrentshell the previous day, I went up over a 13k pass during a decent rain wearing no shell, just my REI Sahara and merino 1 short ...

In GEAR » Getting away from shells
January 28, 12:23pm

All Reader Reviews by Hk Newman

Hk Newman has posted no reviews.