Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

USA Duane Hall (hikerduane) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Extreme northern Sierra Nevada
About Me I'm 60, single male. I had been in Retail Management for over 30 years. I have mostly solo bped since the early mid '70's. I XC some, not afraid to go alone, I also solo winter camp, even out in sub-zero temps. A few years ago, I went on a backcountry bp to Alaska, where I flew in by bush plane with five others into Wrangell/St. Elias NP. Since early 2010, I have been collecting vintage/antique camping and bp stoves, having acquired over 90 now. I like many outdoor activities, from bping to dirtbike riding, gardening.
CityMeadow Valley
StateCA
CountryUS Of A

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by USA Duane Hall

Showing 151 - 160 of 1701 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...171

Forum » Thread

TOAKS 900 vs Evernew 900
6 grams, 1/4 oz.? Don't top the water bottle/bladder off. :) Duane

In Gear Deals » Slight restock of Evernew Bladders & Mugs and Kovea Spider Stoves
March 09, 10:13pm

Thread drift, old Optimus 8's
Bob, use them or lose them. No way are they gonna get moth balled, I empty the fuel out after a trip. I had my Radius 43 roarer out snow camping this weekend up here in the Bucks Lake Wilderness,...

In GEAR » Cold weather cooking - stove choices
March 09, 3:55pm

Thread drift, old Optimus 8's
I try to get my 8/8R's out, with so many, it is hard to get some use out of them. The 10 are only a small fraction of my old/vintage stove collection which I only started four years ago. HJ (...

March 07, 8:57pm

To each the their own
I have ten Optimus 8/8R's and one Russian clone, run great after a good prime. I've read that the original 123/123R's made in Sweden are better quality than the new R's, made in Ch...

March 07, 2:01pm

mini locks
Up to a few months ago, I was thinking like one of those oz. counters that cuts every little bit of extra webbing and line off. Wasn't until I ordered some line from GG that I read 50' was...

In GEAR » Extra line used when using line locks?
March 06, 6:56pm

Cold weather cooking - stove choices
Bob, I like the old MSR stoves, I have a total of about 24 in my stove collection, including more modern stoves like a Dragonfly from 1999, many multiples, some slight differences within the model,...

March 06, 6:48pm

Cold weather cooking - stove choices
I wish my old MSR Rapidfire (pre-Windpro) had a fuel line like the Windpro or Windpro II, it's so dang stiff. I have a virgin Simmerlite I'll have to get out sometime, but having too much ...

March 06, 11:25am

If the demand is there.....
Per my look at their site just now, wait time has increased to five weeks for shelters and jackets. Joe must be doing something right. The hats are a little pricey though ($65), I prefer a less d...

In GEAR » ZPacks™ Pointy Hat
March 06, 11:14am

Kill the computer?
Like sayings about kill you TV, I think I need to kill my rat hole of a computer to save myself from spending money. Of course not having a car payment or mortgage does nothing to stop getting new...

In GEAR » Can't stop changing gear?
March 05, 2:00pm

Canister Stoves on Mt Everest
I was given three MSR X-GK's that had been used on Everest during a documentary. I gave two away to some other stovies. mtsteve in Anderson, CA who works for a certain climbing harness/gear m...

In GEAR » Canister Stoves on Mt Everest
March 05, 11:46am

All Reader Reviews by USA Duane Hall

USA Duane Hall has posted no reviews.