BPL Community Profile

USA Duane Hall (hikerduane) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Extreme northern Sierra Nevada
About Me I'm 60, single male. I had been in Retail Management for over 30 years. I have mostly solo bped since the early mid '70's. I XC some, not afraid to go alone, I also solo winter camp, even out in sub-zero temps. A few years ago, I went on a backcountry bp to Alaska, where I flew in by bush plane with five others into Wrangell/St. Elias NP. Since early 2010, I have been collecting vintage/antique camping and bp stoves, having acquired over 90 now. I like many outdoor activities, from bping to dirtbike riding, gardening.
CityMeadow Valley
StateCA
CountryUS Of A

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by USA Duane Hall

Showing 151 - 160 of 1583 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...159

Forum » Thread

2wd front wheel drive car in the sierra nevadas...
Be advised too, the CHP may make you chain up the rear also on front wheel drives. I guess they are worried about the rear passing the front. Also in CA, if you do not have chains with you for yo...

In GEAR » 2wd front wheel drive car in the sierra nevadas...
December 26, 11:26am

2wd front wheel drive car in the sierra nevadas..."
Wait till after a storm. I live in the mountains and do fine without a 4X4. I sold my old Chevy LUV last year, so back to two 4X2's. Getting up the hill should be easy, getting to Badger Pas...

In GEAR » 2wd front wheel drive car in the sierra nevadas...
December 25, 8:12pm

$$$$$$$$$
Mom had asked me a few weeks back what I wanted, said I was ok. Then this last week have been looking at a winter quilt, so told mom what I needed and how much. Got a Christmas card with some fol...

In GEAR » Interesting Gear under the Tree for You or Significant Others?
December 25, 5:21pm

6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014
Ken, if you get too much white gas if any at all, I can take some off your hands. I go through a few gallons a year, using my old stoves. Kero too. HJ wanted to see one of my rare stoves, but I&...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014
December 25, 5:05pm

Why I don't use my outer clothes as part of my intended sleep system
I checked out the forecast last weekend and again before heading out for a Christmas Eve snow camping trip. I work out of town, so gear is packed well in advance before I can actually go. Makes F...

In Winter Hiking » Why I don't use my outer clothes as part of my intended sleep system
December 25, 4:10pm

action
One more shot.

In Winter Hiking » 2.6 oz stove pad in action
December 23, 7:47pm

Winter quilt users- are you awake when u roll over?
I picked up a EE Enigma reg., long 30F quilt a few weeks ago, no chance of course to use it yet. Might be able at the GGG in January at Henry Coe SP. I'll have to remember the liner for a EE ...

In GEAR » Winter quilt users- are you awake when u roll over?
December 21, 11:01pm

Another question. Do you use a liner in winter or just wool undies etc.? I still use my silk liner, helps with cold spots and does add warmth and wool underwear usually. I'm 60 now, so snow ...

December 21, 8:27pm

Like the subject states, are you awake for the most part when you roll over to another position in your quilt during the winter? Does a quilt work for you? The reason I ask, is I'm thinking o...

December 21, 5:54pm

Warmth of Zpacks down hood?
This is a Goose Feet Gear product, same price if buying direct. I got one directly from GFG a week ago during their short sale with free Priority Mail shipping and had it out last weekend down to ...

In GEAR » Warmth of Zpacks down hood?
December 21, 1:31pm

All Reader Reviews by USA Duane Hall

USA Duane Hall has posted no reviews.