BPL Community Profile

christopher smead (hamsterfish) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale hamsterfish
About Me part hamster, part fish
http://youtu.be/w5TcasqkS1I
CitySan Jose
StateCA
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by christopher smead

Showing 151 - 160 of 475 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...48

Forum » Thread

Awesome winter trip suggestions in Yosemite?
Thanks guys! :) The Tilden lake loop and snow creek route both sound very interesting. Any idea of the mileage on the snow creek route you suggested?

In Pre-Trip Planning » Awesome winter trip suggestions in Yosemite?
September 26, 12:39am

Btw, I'm totally ok with having to use snowshoes, crampons, ice axe, etc. in fact it's preferred though I know Nov will likely be a bit early for that.

September 25, 1:47am

Last Nov I did a trip from the valley floor up to Yosemite Falls and then over toward eagle peak. It was freezing cold, no crowds, no mosquitos and I loved every minute of it. Are there any oth...

September 25, 1:45am

Lightest Snowshoe
I'll check those out. Thanks Tom! :)

In GEAR » Lightest snowshoes on the market today?
September 24, 7:08pm

Lightest Snowshoe
Wow! Didn't know such a thing existed. I'm guessing I'll need something more durable though. I've been looking at these Altas Run snowshoes. Not sure if they are good. I'v...

September 24, 3:48pm

Lightest snowshoes on the market today?
Heya everyone, Anyone know what the lightest snow shoes on the market are these days? I'm looking forward to some winter trips.

September 24, 3:19pm

Thanks!
Yes it was an awesome trip. Navigation was much easier than I thought. The use trails were actually pretty well defined in most spots. Lamarck Col was certainly a much tougher climb than I expe...

In Post-Trip Reports » Trip Report from Evolution Valley
September 24, 11:52am

Trip Report from Evolution Valley
Here ya go. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5TcasqkS1I&feature=plcp

In Post-Trip Reports » Trip Report from Evolution Valley
September 23, 12:39am

Thermawrap
So this is the weird part. The thermawrap parka was under a shell, and I only wore it in camp. I'm guessing my shell failed to some degree, and then my body sweat drenched it the rest of the ...

In Gear Lists » Help with clothing system
September 11, 3:01pm

Thx guys
Great input, thanks guys. So it seems I should not be cold so that's a relief. Hrm... Maybe I could lose the Melanzana and be ok... Now ya got me thinkin. I'd love to ditch the middle ...

In Gear Lists » Help with clothing system
September 10, 2:38am

All Reader Reviews by christopher smead

christopher smead has posted no reviews.