BPL Community Profile

Gregory Petliski (gregpphoto) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Gregory Petliski hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Gregory Petliski has not added a biography yet.
StateNew Jersey
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://gregpphoto.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Gregory Petliski

Showing 151 - 160 of 208 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Forum » Thread

Re: Avoidance
Craig, about the creaking, I always thought trees creak all the time, whether or not theyre ready to topple or break?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Death of a backpacker
April 01, 6:07pm

Re: Bivy on Mt. Washington, NH, weather.
@ Walter: I couldn't agree more in regards to protecting the vegetation. I only step and would only sleep on bare rock. As far as weather and temps, as long as it doesn't blow me straight o...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Bivy on summit?
April 01, 5:50pm

RE
@ Patrick: Ill be sure to avoid the tourist trap! I want to sleep near the top of Mt. Washington for the simple fact that the weather is so notoriously dicey, as well as the fact that its the bigge...

April 01, 11:29am

Re
@Doug: Thats some pretty serious mountaineering! Luckily the mountains Ill be hiking are not so technical. Descending Mt. Marcy lets say is as simple as following the yellow blazes. And even if tho...

April 01, 11:13am

RE
@Art: I might be crazy, but I'm not stupid!! When David Breshears tested the IMAX camera he would bring to Everest in '96, he tested it on Mt. Washington lol. I figure summertime shouldnt b...

April 01, 10:55am

RE
@ Art Yea to clarify, I'm talking smaller mountains than in the rockies, picture 4-5,000 ft (and 6,000+ for washington). Any descent would be via regular old hiking trails (and since I routinel...

April 01, 10:31am

re
Exactly. Its not like Im gonna have a fire up there! I guess the only things Im concerned about are temperature and lightning. WIth my clothes, bag, and bivy, I should be comfortable to 10 or 15 an...

April 01, 9:54am

Bivy on summit?
I've always wanted to sleep (or try to sleep) on the summit of a mountain, something above the treeline, thinking Washington lol, of course in summer and with a bivy bag. Probably illegal, alth...

April 01, 9:27am

RE
Look out, people fighting on the internet!

In Philosophy & Technique » I try and give some lightweight feedback, and look what happens...
March 19, 8:22pm

RE
I'm afraid to leave food in my car because of Ursus Americanus.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Car emergency food
March 17, 7:38pm

All Reader Reviews by Gregory Petliski

Gregory Petliski has posted no reviews.